[REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

zackd100

Apr 27, 2016
Update file

Cheers...

I've just deleted the mod and tried what you did just to see if the same happens...unfortunately it still gives me the errors. Pity, because I thought that may have been a problem solver. :)

Looks like I'll just have to keep updating from another computer. :) Main thing is...it's working! :)

I kept getting the update file in the directory when running the update. All I did was rename the update file to PBAfreecam.exe. After I did that it worked.

I think there is an issue with the update finalize and replacing the .exe file.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I kept getting the update file in the directory when running the update. All I did was rename the update file to PBAfreecam.exe. After I did that it worked.

I think there is an issue with the update finalize and replacing the .exe file.

I just tried doing this on mine and changing the .update file to say .exe worked. :)

MofetaOne Arcade

Jun 2, 2016
Hi guys, This week pinball arcade had updated to 1.50.7 version and the free camera mod doesn'r run, can you help me? mi camera mod is 1.61 and support only 1.49 pinball arcade version. Thanks

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
I have a problem with the 1.62 version of the mod! Since the update i can not start TPA through the mod anymore. It hangs after opening an empty windowframe. The Taskmanager shows me "Steamclient Bootstraper" with the subtask "Allow gamestart?" (bad translation from the german install) which is the emty popup window.

There is a way to get the mod to run with TPA. For that i have to set the launch game parameter in the mod settings.ini to 0. Then i have to start the mod to be running in the background, start Steam, select play and start the DX11 version of TPA from there. No issues when i do it like that.

I already reinstalled Steam and TPA. Joytokey, TPA, Steam and the FreeCameraMod are running in Admin mode. I tried to rename the Pinballarcade11.exe to Pinballarcade.exe. No luck!

The mod was running flawlessly the last 3-4 months.

System: Win10 64bit, i5, gtx960 latest drivers, 2screen cabinet.

Thanks in advance!

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
OK, it seems, that the mod is blocking the connection to my steam account. I don't know what causes this. I was able to bring the "Connecting to Steam Schreib34...." pop up to the front. It looks like it's crashed, nothing is moving in that window.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
I was finally able to prevent the pop up window from crashing. Now i can finally see what it says:

Allow game launch?
Pinball Arcade is attempting to launch with the optional parameters shown below.
""C:\Program Files(x86)\SSteamSteam ApAppscommon\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe" %command% "
If you did not request this launch or do not understand these options, select cancel.

OK CANCEL

Is there something wrong with the syntax (maybe the quotation marks?) or is it a new security "feature" in Steam Win10?
It would be cool if NoEx could shed some light on this.
Thanks!

Last edited:

KendrikTheRed

Jun 15, 2016
Really excited about the Free Camera Mod, and I'm greatly appreciated of the work that's been done on it, especially as it helps make cab-style play much more achievable.

I've run into an issue that of unknown source, but it at least seems to be caused by having the FreeCam Mode activated in the mod. PinballArcade11.exe crashes consistently upon table load if the FreeCam setting is already checked in the mod's HUD or is set to 1 in the ini. If it is set to zero or unchecked, tables load fine and the backglass/DMD features work without any trouble.

I'm running mod version 1.62 and PBA version 1.50.10 DX11. I've followed the very helpful guide from Robert Misner to get started, and I've tinkered with various settings on top of that in pursuit of a fix. Unfortunately, I've had no luck.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with just-updated Nvidia drivers. My install of the game was fresh earlier this week, and my fresh install (and auto-update) of the mod took place today. I've taken preliminary looks into the Event Viewer with nothing looking helpful in there. I've got both the mod and PinballArcade11.exe set to run as administrator. I even tried Windows 7 compatibility mode before posting here.

Any ideas on where I might start to find a solution? Thanks!

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
I was finally able to prevent the pop up window from crashing. Now i can finally see what it says:

Allow game launch?
Pinball Arcade is attempting to launch with the optional parameters shown below.
""C:\Program Files(x86)\SSteamSteam ApAppscommon\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe" %command% "
If you did not request this launch or do not understand these options, select cancel.

OK CANCEL

Is there something wrong with the syntax (maybe the quotation marks?) or is it a new security "feature" in Steam Win10?
It would be cool if NoEx could shed some light on this.
Thanks!

Start Steam with admin rights.

Really excited about the Free Camera Mod, and I'm greatly appreciated of the work that's been done on it, especially as it helps make cab-style play much more achievable.

I've run into an issue that of unknown source, but it at least seems to be caused by having the FreeCam Mode activated in the mod. PinballArcade11.exe crashes consistently upon table load if the FreeCam setting is already checked in the mod's HUD or is set to 1 in the ini. If it is set to zero or unchecked, tables load fine and the backglass/DMD features work without any trouble.

I'm running mod version 1.62 and PBA version 1.50.10 DX11. I've followed the very helpful guide from Robert Misner to get started, and I've tinkered with various settings on top of that in pursuit of a fix. Unfortunately, I've had no luck.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with just-updated Nvidia drivers. My install of the game was fresh earlier this week, and my fresh install (and auto-update) of the mod took place today. I've taken preliminary looks into the Event Viewer with nothing looking helpful in there. I've got both the mod and PinballArcade11.exe set to run as administrator. I even tried Windows 7 compatibility mode before posting here.

Any ideas on where I might start to find a solution? Thanks!

Check in the mod folder if you have a "PBAFreeCamMod.update" file, if so delete the original mod exe and rename this file to PBAFreeCamMod.exe

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
Thanks for wasting your time on my problem NoEx! I guess you have more important things to do.

Please take a quick look in post #165. This is what i have done so far. Everything is in admin mode. When i start Steam first and the mod second, i end up in this Window and i have to select OK to start TPA. After that,the mod and TPA are running just fine.

The problem is that this extra actions are making PinballX totally useless.

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
Kendrikthered's win10 64bit instalation works? Looks like i have to reinstall Win10! I tried everything i found here in the forum. No success! I will report back on how it went.

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
OK, reinstalled windows. No success! Everything in Admin Mode. The only way to make the mod run is to start Steam and click OK in the "Allow Game Launch" pop up.
Any ideas?

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
OK, reinstalled windows. No success! Everything in Admin Mode. The only way to make the mod run is to start Steam and click OK in the "Allow Game Launch" pop up.
Any ideas?

Try this:

1) Go to your Pinball Arcade game directory.
2) Right click on "PinballArcade11.exe" / "PinballArcade.exe".
3) Click the Compatibility tab at the top.
4) Check the box for "Run this program as administrator".
5) Click OK.
6) Launch the game through Steam.

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
Thanks for your reply.

Admin is already checked for PinballArcade11.exe. The pop up is still showing up even when launched through Steam but i am at least able to click OK to launch TPA with the mod. Starting through the mod without launching Steam ends in a crash of the pop up (pop up is empty) and i have to kill Steam in the Task Manager.
BTW the pop up is a Steam window!

leedavid2606

Jun 18, 2016
hi

ive just downloaded pinball arcade and the new noex mod

the problem im having is when i start pba throw steam the dx11 version it doesnt go to full screen it just stays in centre of the of my tv ive tried the pressing alt+enter keys to no avail

also to note is the mod starts up but the cabinet options on the mod i cant click it as red writing over it saying i think cabinet mode only??

what am i doing wrong here??

the dx9 version runs in full screen mode but obviously the mod only works with the dx11 version?

Last edited:

leedavid2606

Jun 18, 2016
ok managed to get the dx11 version to run full screen but had to lower my resaloution in the pinball arcade config menu to 720

i currently only have a few tables i bought looking to end up with them all over time my favourite table is addams family ive downloaded all the cam files from this site and put them in the camera files folder of the mod and brilliant addams family loads up automaticly how do i get the back glass on seperate screen and dmd im only running a 2 screen setup ive got my pc monitor plugged in and detected as second screen and have it set to extend these displays is this right??

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
Same here. 1080x2200 is displayed with black stripes to the left and right. Same for the camera flyover. Table plays full screen. Black hole has the score from the in game cabinet backglass which is pretty low res on that table. It's also zoomed out / window to big. BoPB score seems to be OK.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Same here. 1080x2200 is displayed with black stripes to the left and right. Same for the camera flyover. Table plays full screen. Black hole has the score from the in game cabinet backglass which is pretty low res on that table. It's also zoomed out / window to big. BoPB score seems to be OK.

This is normal behaviour, new UI is pretty buggy and I've had to do some hacks to make everything work "properly", can't do better for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.