Round 2: Vote on Your Questions for Bobby King (Pick 3)

Please PICK THREE Questions

• Any chance of "day" and "night" modes?

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • How many pinball machines are currently at your office? How many do you have room for?

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Any progress on multiplayer? Have you considered additional multiplayer modes such as turn-based?

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Do you plan on doing a Kickstarter for every major license? Will it depend on TZ & STTNG sales?

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • How does the 55K for TZ compare to newer licenses such as AC/DC, Tron, etc. ?

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Are any phyics updates coming soon to make the ball/flipper interaction more realistic?

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Would you consider creating a customizable arcade room? As unlockables or DLC?

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Any chance of adding a free roaming camera mode with zoom? Screenshot capability?

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Are sound updates still coming soon? Add a simple mixer for mechanical vs electronical sounds?

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Any chance of adding a tournament mode setting (with no extra balls, etc.) ?

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Are reversed tables going to be implemented at some point in the future?

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Any chance of a table editor? (I'll include specifics in the official question)

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Size of Farsight's staff? Per platform? Do you plan to hire a fulltime PR/marketing manager?

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Tables coming soon from other manufacturers, such as Data East, Capcom, and Jersey Jack? Is WoZ a po

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Will there ever be an official TPA controller with real flipper buttons?

• How far along is ROM emulation for early SS machines?

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Will future releases have a changelog?

• Will the creative minds at FarSight ever consider creating an original pinball table?

• Options to adjust physical options on the tables, such as the outlane posts, playfield pitch, etc.?

• Does Farsight acknowledge the lag issue on the PS3 with certain tv setups? Working on a solution?

• How long is the total process of converting a table? How many tables at a time?

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Will it ever be possible to disable the Facebook options altogether?

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Are there any Steve Ritchie games coming soon? Any planned that aren't in PHOF?

• Could a game disc for consoles and PC be an option?

• Are the commercial results of The Pinball Arcade so far on par with your expectations?

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • What are the chances of seeing Dr. Who?

• Optimum and required specs for PC? Any timeframe for the release?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • How does the PA engine detect events in the game? (more details will be included)

• Any licenses you are currently pursuing or have recently acquired that you can share with us?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Will you ever offer a 3D option for console versions?

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks Jeff! I appreciate your hard work in organizing, updating and presenting the polls/questions.

Me too :) Might be my idea-But you're the one doing all the WORK!!!
Have Booby answer 5 this week-He's got it EASY! ;)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks Jeff! I appreciate your hard work in organizing, updating and presenting the polls/questions.

Agreed...Jeff, thanks for taking the time to gather and sort through all the questions to present to Bobby. It's something I look forward to every week now.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I put in the question for 3D, considering the nature of the game, I am surprised no one else seems interested in 3D pinball or perhaps there are more pressing questions on your minds.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Me too :) Might be my idea-But you're the one doing all the WORK!!!
Have Booby answer 5 this week-He's got it EASY! ;)

Agreed...Jeff, thanks for taking the time to gather and sort through all the questions to present to Bobby. It's something I look forward to every week now.

You're very welcome.....and HOW, I just might do that :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I put in the question for 3D, considering the nature of the game, I am surprised no one else seems interested in 3D pinball or perhaps there are more pressing questions on your minds.

I'm more interested in almost anything else because I don't have a 3D tv.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
13 votes on new licenses. Sigh. . . looks like we're going to "waste" yet another question. If they didn't tell us anything specific last time, why do people seem to think that's going to change this time?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
But TPA is 3D, what do you mean?

TPA is 3D in a sense in that it offers 3/4 overhead view, top view, scrolling view, etc. It is not like the old school games like Asteroids, Defender, or Pac Man which were strictly 2D games. But when you think about a game like Zelda, The Link to The Past which was on the SNES, it had 3 Dimensional qualities but it, as is the case with TPA, are 2D games strictly speaking. When I say I want the tables to be offered in 3D, I am talking about using active shutter glasses with a 3D TV or monitor. The difference between the 2 are really worlds apart. With 3D you would have more depth, items sticking up in the table would be pronounced, and the ball coming down the table would really feel like it was coming at you more. There are many games out today offering both 2D and 3D options such as Resistance 3, Crises 2, Hustle Kings, Killzone 3 ... all these games take on a new life when you play them in 3D.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi All-PiN WiZ's post on another thread reminded me of a question for next time:

If you're interested in pinball easter eggs and cross references, you might want to check THIS site out.

We NEED access to the Flipper Code stuff FS!
If we can't have Op Menus can you at least give is THIS?

Andy

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
13 votes on new licenses. Sigh. . . looks like we're going to "waste" yet another question. If they didn't tell us anything specific last time, why do people seem to think that's going to change this time?

When and where was this question asked? Please point me in the right direction. :)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

Well fortunately it is in a distant fourth place. I do agree that any questions regarding tidbits on specific licenses, tables, etc are pretty much a complete waste. Unless something just happens to be coming up in the next month or two as a full release and was about to be announced anyway, there is no chance that any Farsight representative will give away any of their release strategy or business practices. I think the answer will probably be more along the lines of "We are currently pursuing/have recently obtained a license we are very excited about but cannot announce at this time."

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The Top 5 questions are now in Bobby's hands, so be on the lookout for his new thread sometime soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.