Round 2: Vote on Your Questions for Bobby King (Pick 3)

Please PICK THREE Questions

• Any chance of "day" and "night" modes?

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • How many pinball machines are currently at your office? How many do you have room for?

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Any progress on multiplayer? Have you considered additional multiplayer modes such as turn-based?

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Do you plan on doing a Kickstarter for every major license? Will it depend on TZ & STTNG sales?

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • How does the 55K for TZ compare to newer licenses such as AC/DC, Tron, etc. ?

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Are any phyics updates coming soon to make the ball/flipper interaction more realistic?

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Would you consider creating a customizable arcade room? As unlockables or DLC?

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Any chance of adding a free roaming camera mode with zoom? Screenshot capability?

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Are sound updates still coming soon? Add a simple mixer for mechanical vs electronical sounds?

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Any chance of adding a tournament mode setting (with no extra balls, etc.) ?

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Are reversed tables going to be implemented at some point in the future?

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Any chance of a table editor? (I'll include specifics in the official question)

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Size of Farsight's staff? Per platform? Do you plan to hire a fulltime PR/marketing manager?

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Tables coming soon from other manufacturers, such as Data East, Capcom, and Jersey Jack? Is WoZ a po

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Will there ever be an official TPA controller with real flipper buttons?

• How far along is ROM emulation for early SS machines?

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Will future releases have a changelog?

• Will the creative minds at FarSight ever consider creating an original pinball table?

• Options to adjust physical options on the tables, such as the outlane posts, playfield pitch, etc.?

• Does Farsight acknowledge the lag issue on the PS3 with certain tv setups? Working on a solution?

• How long is the total process of converting a table? How many tables at a time?

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Will it ever be possible to disable the Facebook options altogether?

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Are there any Steve Ritchie games coming soon? Any planned that aren't in PHOF?

• Could a game disc for consoles and PC be an option?

• Are the commercial results of The Pinball Arcade so far on par with your expectations?

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • What are the chances of seeing Dr. Who?

• Optimum and required specs for PC? Any timeframe for the release?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • How does the PA engine detect events in the game? (more details will be included)

• Any licenses you are currently pursuing or have recently acquired that you can share with us?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Will you ever offer a 3D option for console versions?

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Dante Kleinberg

Jun 6, 2012
Dang! Missed my chance to vote. I'm reasonably happy with the questions that were chosen. I'd really like to ask about enabling Wizard Goals without having Standard Goals completed first, but whatever.

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
Just for my own clarification... will the answers to these questions be listed on the forum in the form of a thread started by Bobby King in this board? I am very interested in hearing the responses to all three!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Just for my own clarification... will the answers to these questions be listed on the forum in the form of a thread started by Bobby King in this board? I am very interested in hearing the responses to all three!

Last time the answers appeared on a separate thread. I imagine that will also be the case this time.

Last edited:

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
ARGH! Forgot one question, should have been "Why are your tables easier than real tables?" :( Well...gotta post this in a separate topic....

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
ARGH! Forgot one question, should have been "Why are your tables easier than real tables?" :(

That's a pretty easy one: extra balls. Real tables don't give an extra ball for a replay score (which on a real table reflexes higher every time it's awarded), and real tables don't give extra balls for specials. Plus, it's expensive on a real table to abandon and restart every game that starts badly.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
That's a pretty easy one: extra balls. Real tables don't give an extra ball for a replay score (which on a real table reflexes higher every time it's awarded), and real tables don't give extra balls for specials. Plus, it's expensive on a real table to abandon and restart every game that starts badly.

They should not change the rules like that. No extra balls that the real table does not also give. They should have a credit system, so replays are actually worth something.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think its easier mostly because the bounces and rolls happen the same way every time. Hit the same angle off a flipper and it will bounce off the target the same way. Real tables don't do that.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
ARGH! Forgot one question, should have been "Why are your tables easier than real tables?" :(
One, the replay/specials being extra balls helps inflate scores. (Although it is not true that real tables never do this, on many tables this is an operator-adjustable setting. The Ripley's at CP Pinball gives an extra ball at its replay score. It comes from the days where there were laws against pinball machines giving away free games, many EM machines came in regular and add-a-ball [replays and specials are extra balls] versions for that reason.)

Two, it is far easier to nudge using an analog stick or a touchscreen than it is to properly manipulate a 250-lb table.

Three, the tilt is very liberal on TPA tables. You can get away with murder, although I notice that iOS version of MB seems to be tightened up a bit relative to the older tables...? Most of the real tables I play are pretty tilty.

Four, you can pause a TPA table whenever you like and catch your breath, take a drink, wipe your hands down, whatever. There's no stopping a physical table except between balls. (That sounded vaguely dirty...)

Five, TPA tables seem to use mostly factory settings, although I've noticed MB's ball saver has been turned on (it normally isn't - but please, leave it on!). Real tables are often set on hard, and often the outlane posts are up. If the table was used in a tournament recently, it may still be in a truly murderous state if the operator forgot to put it back in its normal condition.

Personally, I think this is an area where it's good to have options. I want to see "tournament mode" settings, but there are also times I come home from work in a bad mood and I just want to play a fun game of pinball and I don't necessarily want to fight a table at its most evil. Maybe if FarSight can't do the full operator's menu on all tables for whatever reason, they could at least put in the five standard difficulty options for most tables (extra easy through extra hard) and allow adjustment of the number of balls per game. Obviously disable high scores/goals/etc. on easier-than-standard settings.

night

May 18, 2012
Mister King, what are the changes that the next DLC will contain a table with the movie 'Brokeback Mountain' as a theme?

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
Has there been any indication from Farsight that we'll be able to adjust the outlane posts as part of the "operator menu" feature? I know it's technically different but falls into the category of "adjusting how the table plays".

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Is it time to start a fresh Questions thread, and close this one off?

Maybe carry over the unanswered questions to the new thread, and add any other questions we have all thought of since this first round?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.