Season 3 pack removed from all platforms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Season Three Pass Removal

Most of you are aware that Apple has denied us the ability to sell the Season Pass subscription before the Season has fully been released. We have come to the the decision that we will be removing the Season Three Pass from all platforms to preserve consistency of purchasing options. Nothing will change for those that already purchased the Season Three Pass, you will be entitled to the tables just as you were before.

I think this is a VERY poor decision as its not like they ever cared about consistency before.

Does this mean they are going to pull all season 2 & 3 tables until the PS4 has them?
Will they delay all future table releases until they are ready for ALL platforms at the same time?
Unlikely.

Come on Farsight, this is an illogical move. You have never cared that console gamers always get the tables months later, but you are concerned that you will upset Apple users because they cannot buy the season 3 pack until all the tables are out? Dual standards much!

Last edited:

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Season Three Pass Removal (All platforms)

From newsletter 24:

Season Three Pass Removal

Most of you are aware that Apple has denied us the ability to sell the Season Pass subscription before the Season has fully been released. We have come to the the decision that we will be removing the Season Three Pass from all platforms to preserve consistency of purchasing options. Nothing will change for those that already purchased the Season Three Pass, you will be entitled to the tables just as you were before.

WHAT? I don't want to pay every month again on season 4, especially on PC. Everybody wiil complain a lot on Steam forum...

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Sigh, thats stupid that we all suffer because Apple is too closed minded. Then again, then all the iOS people will complain that they get left out while everyone else can buy the season packs.

Overall there are going to be more upset customers liking the idea of buying season passes than those upset feeling left out. Glad I did purchased the season pass, but it still irks me that everyone else that was holding off will never have that chance.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Perhaps they can get the issue resolved prior to season 4. But at this point, if you haven't gotten a season pass, get it before you upgrade to the next version. Otherwise what were you waiting for?

2n2

Apr 15, 2012
This is ridiculous, IMO. There's already a huge disparity in actual content between platforms, and other platforms users should not be subjected to Apple's policies.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I'm an ios user, and I don't think other platforms should be punished due to Apple's shifting standards. I sincerely hope this doesn't decrease cash flowing in FarSight's direction, as that is what will keep TPA going long term.

2n2

Apr 15, 2012
I'm an ios user, and I don't think other platforms should be punished due to Apple's shifting standards. I sincerely hope this doesn't decrease cash flowing in FarSight's direction, as that is what will keep TPA going long term.

Well, it could work in their favor if people buy the more expensive packs out of impatience rather than waiting until the end of the year for the bundle. I think one could argue this looks disingenuous considering the massive lack of parity between the devices that currently exists.

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I just but the Season 3 pack on Steam just in case it gets promptly pulled.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Will they remove the 3rd season pass from the PC/Console version too? Why? (well, on PS3, it was planned to March).

I'm not at all an early buyer (I don't have yet the 2nd season pack ^^ -no change for it, right?- ), so it doesn't change things for me (on PS3, we got finally all the 2nd season tables... last week!)

But I understand totally that non-ios players are upset by this illogical decision.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
A "Very bad decision" seems to be the general consensus here.

Yet another example of how lower quality portable ports continue to hurt the quality and availability of more advanced versions of Pinball Arcade.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
I still can't figure out what exactly happened here. There are other apps on Apple's App Store (Zaccaria comes to mind) with a "Buy all future updates" IAP, and even ones that do season passes like TPA does (Telltale's adventure games for instance). The fact that it's basically a limited-term subscription but so is their entire Newsstand ecosystem. I know Fruit isn't exactly renowned for their consistency but this is just weird.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I still can't figure out what exactly happened here. There are other apps on Apple's App Store (Zaccaria comes to mind) with a "Buy all future updates" IAP, and even ones that do season passes like TPA does (Telltale's adventure games for instance). The fact that it's basically a limited-term subscription but so is their entire Newsstand ecosystem. I know Fruit isn't exactly renowned for their consistency but this is just weird.

Exactly, only it wouldn't hurt Tell Tale nearly as much as it's going to hurt Farsight. Everyone who is invested in The Walking Dead, starting with Episode 1, will surely continue to buy following episodes.

With TPA people will only buy the table packs that they know they want and pass on the weaker ones. Farsight really needs to rethink this decision on the consoles and PC ASAP.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
weak as piss Farsight. since when did you consider everything being equal.xbox 360 people are still waiting,nothing on xbox 1. pc ,phone and tablets 3-4 months ahead of ps3,ps vita and ps4.yep I can see everything is equal.one word Farsight BULL**** !!!! :confused:

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
I already bought the season pass, so this doesn't affect me per se, this time round, but potentially it could, if this madness is continued on to season 4. To be honest, I think this is a terrible decision from a sales perspective. You are going to have a bunch of people who will not purchase individual tables and will walk away and not come back to the product when they finally can buy a season pass after 12 months. I'm telling you now, I wont buy season 4 tables individually, if I cannot buy a season pass. Very, very bad business decision.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Dammit.

I'm a PS3 user. I bought all the season 1 tables as they came. I was doing the same for season 2 when the season pass got announced. Fortunately it worked out where I still saved a little money buying the pass, but I was really looking forward to buying season 3 pass from the beginning and getting full savings. There's no way I'm waiting until next March to finally get to play any season 3 on Playstation just to save a few, so this announcement sucks.

With most games, I tend to wait for the GOTY editions or greatest hits, since they'll bundle all the DLC into them and it will still be 20 dollars cheaper, but TPA I can't do that with, because how would you play in tournaments and stay relevant to the conversations going on in the forum? As it stands, it kills me that we are 3 tables behind the other platforms. Just severely disappointed.

But you know what? As I said, I bought first season without a discount, so really the season pass was just gravy. A cherry on top. I'm not going to punish myself or FarSight for the sake of a discount. Must. Play. Pinball.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
This is a ridiculous decision or it's a complete BS line to mask the real reason why they are pulling the season pass.

Quite frankly, this is one of the most disappointing things I've heard come from the studio, honestly, it makes no sense. If anything, the season packs make it more attractive to play on Android. Apple shouldn't have this much control over every other platform like this.

I'm pretty easygoing and patient with Farsight and the decisions they make but this is just daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.