Season 5

Jan 6, 2013
I think as long as we have waited for an update we should get some s6 tables also ..I want Dr who in this update otherwise us xbox one console players will have to wait another year for the next batch of tables ..Because i do think Dr. Who is the next table PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE NEXT UPDATE

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I never purchased it on XBONE because they never fixed the X360 one. I can't justify dropping the cash on yet another platform. The delays are insane, regardless of who is responsible. I'd much rather play it on my 55" than my 24" PC but that's just the way it has to be.

Sm00th

Aug 28, 2015
It is what it is. I'm sure sales of TPA have slowed down on the XBONE, and they are probably going to wait until Decemberish before giving us the rest of season 5 while they release half of season 6. One update to accomplish two things. Then we'll have to wait for another year for the other half of 6. :rolleyes:

I think this version of TPA is the best. There is a slight delay in flipper reaction on iOS and PC for me. While the XBONE version is perfect. I will keep supporting this version as much as they keep releasing content for it. :D

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I never purchased it on XBONE because they never fixed the X360 one. I can't justify dropping the cash on yet another platform. The delays are insane, regardless of who is responsible. I'd much rather play it on my 55" than my 24" PC but that's just the way it has to be.

HDMI is a wonderful thing.
TPA will run fine on a modern laptop as well.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
He was complaining about being stuck on his 24" computer monitor and not being able to play on his 55" screen.

One cable = solution.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

18Phoenix

CycOd3liC is right and that has nothing to do with the cable. Adults don't have the PC in the livingroom where's the big TV (just nerds)
and the PC somewhere else. And no one will carry around his PC or huge TV. Therefore exist consoles and monitors.
Or a 50 meter HDMI cable to the second floor ?

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
HDMI is a wonderful thing.
TPA will run fine on a modern laptop as well.

Well, in ideal living arrangements you would be absolutely right. I've also done the SteamLink method and it works pretty well, but it's just not as convenient.

It's good enough, just not ideal.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
CycOd3liC is right and that has nothing to do with the cable. Adults don't have the PC in the livingroom where's the big TV (just nerds)
and the PC somewhere else. And no one will carry around his PC or huge TV. Therefore exist consoles and monitors.
Or a 50 meter HDMI cable to the second floor ?
You must not spend much time with adults. I know plenty who have a pc in their livingroom. Considering that most laptops nowadays can play TPA with dx11 with a smooth framerate, it's not a huge reach to think a computer could be within reach of a television.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Well this "adult" has a pc for work and a console for gaming.
So ___ _____
How about some gdam Xbone releases for fk sake!!

wreckdiver

Sep 12, 2015
It's been going back and forth between QA and the Programmers. It's still being worked on. Sorry about the wait.

no more BS...I'm done with TPA..they will NEVER get another dime from me. I used to think it was an MS thing but it is NOT!! Do it right and it will be out on xbox...that is it!!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
You must not spend much time with adults. I know plenty who have a pc in their livingroom. Considering that most laptops nowadays can play TPA with dx11 with a smooth framerate, it's not a huge reach to think a computer could be within reach of a television.

I used to do this with my old Lenovo laptop with DX9. TPA looked very sharp when connected to my 47" Vizio. My issue was the serious controller lag. Ever since I got my GTX 950 for my desktop, I've had my computer hooked up to the TV and TPA looks and plays perfectly with DX11. If one's graphics card has an HDMI port, all you have to do is spend $10 for a cable and you're good to go.

I'm not sure if the controller lag is related to laptops in general, or if it's just mine. It probably is just my laptop, as it is fairly old.

While I wish TPA had better console support (for the good people who still prefer console gaming), I have no major complaints with TPA on Steam. Not only do I get the most current tables for TPA, but I can also play Zaccaria and PP Timeshock Ultra-the last two are not available on any console, save for mobile. And of course Zen, which is available on every platform.

Steam's sales are the way to go too.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well this "adult" has a pc for work and a console for gaming.
So ___ _____
How about some gdam Xbone releases for fk sake!!
Ok for starters, I wasn't addressing you, I was addressing the person who said flat out that they had steam.

Second, yes by telling me to blank underline blank underline, you clearly validated the use of quotes around the term 'adult'.

I was also responding to someone's sackless, backhanded attempt at an insult.

By the way, do you have some strange, non-existant version of windows that asks after installation if you intend to use the pc for work or play, and then disallows any software that doesn't fit the usage profile?

I get that some things are a better fit for a console. As a longtime Xbox 360 user I understand delays, but moved on when a better option presented itself.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012

I am going to go out on a limb and state that most people do not have a PC in their living room. Yes, I have had a PC in my living room before and once I got Steam Link, it was back into the office. Now I have moved and in-between homes right now and there's no room for it. Steam Link over wireless just doesn't cut it in my current situation. I am disappointed that I dropped a ton of money on the 360 version which hasn't been updated in forever (and still broken mind you) and I'm not about to waste money on the XBONE version which is also way behind. As much as I don't care for the ZEN tables, at least they made them port over to the XBONE where I didn't have to buy them again. I have literally bought every season for IOS, ANDROID, STEAM and XBOX360. I'm not willing to drop dough on another platform after the bad taste in my mouth on the XBOX side of things.

Steam is my platform of choice and once I get back into "normal" mode, life will be good again.

I also have a capable laptop that I can hook into my 55" TV, so thanks for reminding me. At the same time, space, as usual, is limited.

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Now season 4 is complete when will Season 5 be ready for advance purchase.

Its 12 months since I started this thread . Time flies by, I was hopping by now I would be starting a new thread asking "when will season 6 be ready for advance purchase"..

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Microsoft should at least remove this baloney from its own site. Obviously "Each month, regular updates..." was a hopeful promise never realized by Farsight.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/store/p/Pinball-Arcade/BX1JCFLJT5KX

"Each month, regular updates will add classics like Star Trek®: The Next Generation™, Terminator™ 2: Judgement Day, Twilight Zone®, Creature from the Black Lagoon™, Monster Bash™, Medieval Madness™, Funhouse™, Attack from Mars™, Circus Voltaire™, Big Shot™ (and many others for years to come!) along with online tournaments and additional modes to challenge yourself and compete against your friends.

The Pinball Arcade is the most realistic and comprehensive pinball game ever created!

The downloadable version of this game supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish."

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.