So, where's our DLC?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I'm in the "I don't think they know" boat. I believe that Farsight doesn't want to make empty promises about the release of DLC. Just look at how crabby people are on here and, especially, Facebook about getting new tables and fixing previous ones. If Farsight says "we expect it to come out next week" and it doesn't happen, whooah boy, people are flippin' (no pun intended) out because it didn't happen. They know that they sent it to Sony. They told us. They know that it is still pending approval status. They told us. I think for them to post guestimates beyond "next couple weeks" or "this month" would be just inviting angry customers. No matter what, they're still going to be people who will constantly complain, especially on Facebook. I think they should stick to posting only what they know. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a developer doing what Farsight is doing as far as monthly DLC. How many developers do you know release new DLC every month? Certainly not Zen. Hat's off to Farsight on doing this. It's got to be a PITA.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Harmonix has had weekly DLC for years. Turn 10 has had monthly DLC since Forza 4 released last year. Couple examples off the top of my head. But Farsight isn't them.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
we just need to wait no sense on making an up roar over it but i am also eagerly waiting mm & bop we just have to wait for Lazy Sony
15th is getting close and a certain other distraction will be hogging my time wink wink

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Harmonix has had weekly DLC for years. Turn 10 has had monthly DLC since Forza 4 released last year. Couple examples off the top of my head. But Farsight isn't them.

How did they each do on their very first DLC?

After a year or multiple years, as in your examples, they apparently are both good at it.
Also, do either of them release on as many different platforms as FarSight is doing with TPA?

I don't know the answers to these questions. Surely you do.
Please tell us.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Harmonix has problems with DLC on the PS3 in regards to the Rock Band Network (RBN) tracks that are made. They're made on the 360 and get ported over for the PS3. According to what they've said, Sony only allows them to have 5 songs per week for RBN even though there's usually more than a dozen songs released per week on the 360.

Turn 10 has been at it for quite a while, and they run into problems as well. Problems with purchasing content in-game usually. And that says something since they're a subsidiary of Microsoft Studios.

I don't have any numbers, but I get the impression that both are somewhat bigger than Farsight, but probably not all that large either.

Considering that, and the fact that TPA is probably a low priority to Sony and MS due to the number of sales, it's silly to get worked up over it all.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
As others mentioned, you have to remember this is their first time releasing DLC on these consoles. Yes, it'd be great if everything went smoothly the first time around, but I'm confident that they're learning their lessons (just as they have on the mobile platforms), and that things should be smoother from here on out.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Official:
Quick console update: The first 360 update will include both DLC packs. The PS3/Vita updates may include both DLC packs. They'll certainly include MM and Bride. All console updates are at least 3 weeks away from being released.

Disappointing, but communication is welcome.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Official: Quick console update: The first 360 update will include both DLC packs. The PS3/Vita updates may include both DLC packs. They'll certainly include MM and Bride. All console updates are at least 3 weeks away from being released

Disappointing, but communication is welcome.

Wow so now we'll have to wait until June for the "May DLC?" Awesome. So in three weeks, the 360 will have both DLCs available, but the ps3 may only have 1 available in 3 weeks and then God knows how long 'til the next one...

Lovely.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I recommend FarSight change their DLC tables release schedule to 4 tables every two months instead of 2 tables every month. I know some people are worried that if a table has bugs, we'll have to wait two months for them to be fixed, but isn't that happening already? I'd rather FarSight have a full month to get feedback on a 4 table pack and get all the bugs ironed out to include in the next 4 table pack update. The other month of course would be getting the 4 table pack submitted and approved through Microsoft and Sony. This should take some pressure off of FarSight and in turn we should get the majority of the bugs in a 4 table pack fixed in a single update.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Wow so now we'll have to wait until June for the "May DLC?" Awesome. So in three weeks, the 360 will have both DLCs available, but the ps3 may only have 1 available in 3 weeks and then God knows how long 'til the next one...

Lovely.

You should be glad that you don't have anything real in your life to worry about that would give you the perspective to not have to dwell on these things that ultimately don't matter. Think about it this way. Do you think when your life is ending and you're on your death bed that you'll be wishing that you'd spent more time complaining about game release schedules that you can't control?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I am so glad that patience is a virtue.
I am happy with what I have now.
Give it some time, everything should work out fine.

(my attempt at a fortune cookie)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I vote for a poetry contest till DLC1 is released

Medieval Madness
On Playstation 3 in spring
Bride of Pin Bot too

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
What did I start?

Format and character limitations of posting through a PS3 have forced me to post ideas in Haiku(ish) form.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.