So, where's our DLC?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I wonder about that - does Microsoft expedite approval from developers who have proven themselves? Would Activision have to wait 4-5 weeks to get new Modern Warfare maps approved?

Although I don't know the answer to that. I can say that maps probably get approved very quickly (cause there is no code change, so no need for certification). Our tables require code changes so they require full certification each time we put out new tables.

I have noticed that higher profile games have issues that I've seen our games fail for. Stuff like HUD or GUI elements off the edge of the screen in some resolutions (GTA 4), loading screens that don't "engage" the player (Halo Reach had this).

I wouldn't be suprised if COD maps were expedited, more because they make about 1000 times more money than pinball tables do.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Although I don't know the answer to that. I can say that maps probably get approved very quickly (cause there is no code change, so no need for certification). Our tables require code changes so they require full certification each time we put out new tables.

I have noticed that higher profile games have issues that I've seen our games fail for. Stuff like HUD or GUI elements off the edge of the screen in some resolutions (GTA 4), loading screens that don't "engage" the player (Halo Reach had this).

I wouldn't be suprised if COD maps were expedited, more because they make about 1000 times more money than pinball tables do.

If you guys can't get the approval timeframe down, I hope you will consider releasing 4 tables every two months on consoles which will also allow more time for bug fixes as well. As I said before, no need promising 2 tables every month on consoles if approval times will cause you to miss it every time.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If you guys can't get the approval timeframe down, I hope you will consider releasing 4 tables every two months on consoles which will also allow more time for bug fixes as well. As I said before, no need promising 2 tables every month on consoles if approval times will cause you to miss it every time.

What I think they'll do is once their tables get approved and they know all the hoops they have to jump through, they can have more than one set of tables in the process at once. So if it takes 5 weeks they will be putting in the 4th set of DLC when the 3rd set is about a week or two from being approved.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm hoping that there won't be failures or any need for back and forth with the 1st partys.

Personally, I wish we could just put the tables out when they are done. Unfortunatly we're not allowed to do that.

Mike, thanks for addressing these questions. It's always reassuring to see someone with the company reading up on this stuff!

I do have a question as well.
Will each new DLC table for the PS3 contain 3 new trophies to unlock? I assume this is how it's going to work, but I don't recall seeing details
on this anywhere.

Also, will any bug fixes be included with the first released DLC table pack?
If you happened to sneak in the option to listen to music via XMB menu I wouldn't mind. :p

Thanks again for a great pinball game! I plan on buying every DLC pack you can get out for the PS3 and have also donated towards Twilight Zone (and hopefully....
Star Trek TNG) tables.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks for the insight, Mike. Hopefully now that you guys are a little more experienced with the process, things will go more smoothly and get released in a more timely manner. It's hard watching other platforms play the new tables while us console guys can only watch.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike, thanks for addressing these questions. It's always reassuring to see someone with the company reading up on this stuff!

I do have a question as well.
Will each new DLC table for the PS3 contain 3 new trophies to unlock? I assume this is how it's going to work, but I don't recall seeing details
on this anywhere.

Also, will any bug fixes be included with the first released DLC table pack?
If you happened to sneak in the option to listen to music via XMB menu I wouldn't mind. :p

Thanks again for a great pinball game! I plan on buying every DLC pack you can get out for the PS3 and have also donated towards Twilight Zone (and hopefully....
Star Trek TNG) tables.

Welcome.

Honestly I'm not sure how it's being handled on PS3, since I'm the Xbox 360 lead. I believe with PS3, when you download the patch, you get all the bug fixes. Then you have the option to download the new DLC tables. Each table pack is a separate download from the patch. Please don't hold me to that cause like I said I'm not the PS3 guy.

Thanks for the insight, Mike. Hopefully now that you guys are a little more experienced with the process, things will go more smoothly and get released in a more timely manner. It's hard watching other platforms play the new tables while us console guys can only watch.

I hope so too. We really want you guys to get the tables so you can enjoy them. We put all this work into it, and then are frustrated that we have to wait get it out.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Nobody is stopping you from starting your own geme development company.

Really? You have nothing of value to contribute to the discussion so you are going 3rd grade here with a "If you are so special why don't you do it yourself" jab? Word to the wise, if you are going to go that route you might consider double checking your spelling before hitting the post button and swaggering off to have a glass of smugjuice.

Last edited:

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
You whine like crazy because Farsight can't do anything right according to you, and you focus on a one letter typo?
LOL

It must be nice to be perfect in every possible way.
(except for having patience, respect, etc.)

I'm terribly sorry, was that not your petty, pointless post where you took several snippets of my text totally out of context, added nothing to the thread and then insulted me?

I beg your humble forgiveness master. It wont happen again.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

There won't be time for bug fixes, since once they submit a table, they can't make any changes to it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
There won't be time for bug fixes, since once they submit a table, they can't make any changes to it.

If they release 4 tables every two months (which is 8 weeks), they would have an extra 1-2 weeks for bug fixes and then 6-7 weeks for the approval process.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I'm almost 100% sure the tables won't come next week either as E3 is during that time. I think, realistically, we can expect them June 12th AT THE EARLIEST.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Sony probably has a lot going behind the glass doors. I would think QA testing pinball tables would be the least of their worries. E3 is the biggest chance of the year to build hype and drive sales.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Sony probably has a lot going behind the glass doors. I would think QA testing pinball tables would be the least of their worries. E3 is the biggest chance of the year to build hype and drive sales.

The way sony handles the store we could very well see it... or not... lol I mean they will have 3 weeks of crappy store updates and then 1 week will have like a million things worth DLing... the placement of items on the store isn't paced very well..

that being said i've completely given up hope of ever seeing DLC

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
360 owners didn't see DLC 1 because MS rejected it, so FS had to resubmit it. I've not heard of any such excuse for PSN.

Members online

Members online