ST:TNG Kickstarter is (now complete)!

karl

May 10, 2012
Has there been any talk about this kickstarter on blogs, news sites etc? Seem to remember that twilight zone got a fare amount of coverage. Just browsed a few star trek web sites and not a word. Maybe it's not as exiting for the general public since the game is not as new anymore? A real pity. I still believe it will make it but unless something special happen soon, it will not happen before the last day. If Farsight has some sort of ace up their sleeve as some people say and they only will reveal it at 45K it might be to late to have any effect.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Has there been any talk about this kickstarter on blogs, news sites etc? Seem to remember that twilight zone got a fare amount of coverage. Just browsed a few star trek web sites and not a word. Maybe it's not as exiting for the general public since the game is not as new anymore? A real pity. I still believe it will make it but unless something special happen soon, it will not happen before the last day. If Farsight has some sort of ace up their sleeve as some people say and they only will reveal it at 45K it might be to late to have any effect.

I think they will have something to show, but what they need to do is at around 40k give an update with a possible hint at what that ace might reveal once we DO reach 45k.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I don't understand why FS do not reveal their "ace". In my opinion, sooner is better than later. FS should also post some updates, TZ had more updates at this point.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Don't forget that 4:48pm CDT on Saturday, September 1, 2012 will be the midway point of the ST:TNG Kickstarter campaign, which means that we're only halfway through the campaign and FarSight still has plenty of time to take this Kickstarter to the next level.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Don't forget that 4:48pm CDT on Saturday, September 1, 2012 will be the midway point of the ST:TNG Kickstarter campaign, which means that we're only halfway through the campaign and FarSight still has plenty of time to take this Kickstarter to the next level.

Are you hinting there PW that we should tune in at that time tomorrow? I hope they really do have a good ace up their sleeves as they've been particularly quiet so far, not that I'm doubting we'll reach the goal but if we're talking stretch goals and 2nd tables the time has surely come.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I will be slightly disappointed if they do announce a specific table unless it is Addams family. I say this because it was discouraging last kickstarter when the goal wasn't reached so I think that has contributed to burn out on this one (a lot of people donated with sttng in mind and it failed so why donate again). The other thing is that they did say the overage would go to future licenses. I wouldnt mind them dropping a name or three but tying it up with a specific table may not entice people to bid depending on the table. especially if that license is hinged on the success of raising funds.
From what pin wiz has inferred it should be something good so hopefully my concerns are irrelevant.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I have the feeling it will be Addams for 95%, 5% Indiana Jones.

I somehow don't think it's Addams, but if it is, my strained wallet will be in deep trouble. It's the one Lawlor table I actually played, and on a very nice summer vacation just a few weeks ago... Together with the Pro Pinball Kickstarter, this would just ruin me ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
Wondering if I am the only one who don't die if the next big splash is not The Addams F. I love that table but I also love almost all the other tables made between 88-98. My favorite not announced would be Indy and the shadow. (of the big license games) Addams F would get the most backers though, so happy for Farsight (and myself) if that one is in the can :D. Since this is asked about every day on facebook, it would be interesting to see how many people would respond to it being announced. Fingers crossed at any game they might bring to the table

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Personally I'd rather see LOTR. I was at a pinball meetup where both tables were side by side, and LOTR was by far the better table. Still, I don't think they should do any more Kickstarters until they release TZ and this one (assuming it makes it).

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
i wonder why kotaku never mentioned the tpa or its kickstarters... i mean, the guy that does the pinball fx/zen reviews bragged about how he loved pinball games and stuff... well, guess if he doesn't get paid for his news (and i don't mean by kotaku) he doesnt bother to mention it at all :p

no money, no funny

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Why does everyone keep talking about the effects of "pay day" on the pledges? I think most people are aware that no money changes hands until the end of a successful drive.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
If they did announce that the stretch goal was for Adams Family I would set aside my slowly building hate for Farsight and chip in on this one.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Why does everyone keep talking about the effects of "pay day" on the pledges? I think most people are aware that no money changes hands until the end of a successful drive.
People generally spend more when they have more cash on hand, and for most people that's shortly after payday. They tend to do this even when they don't need the cash until a while after making the purchase (or in our case, backing the project), and they also will tend to delay purchases considered shortly before payday until after payday.

A perfectly rational consumer would see the fact s/he doesn't have to pay for their pledge until later and realize that therefore it doesn't matter whether s/he pledges before or after payday, because the money for his/her pledge won't be needed until Sept 16. However, very few consumers actually go through this analysis when contemplating a future expenditure; they simply say "yes, I can afford this" or "no, I can't" based on their immediate financial situations. The only exceptions seem to be major purchases, such as houses or cars, that usually require loans and therefore encourage consumers to rationally consider the future.

There are actually entire branches of study (behavioral economics and neuroeconomics) that concern themselves with these kinds of questions.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled Kickstarter thread.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
If they did announce that the stretch goal was for Adams Family I would set aside my slowly building hate for Farsight and chip in on this one.
FS said they wouldn't be specific about stretch goals this time because so many pulled their pledges and were pissed off when it was clear their stretch goal wouldn't be reached, but without an announced stretch goal they're not making as much as the last one.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I think the closeness of the goal is exerting an attractive force at this point; people are getting confident it's going to succeed and want to help put it over.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
You're correct , I confess I was holding out for a certain magic number , I'm happy to back a winner ,$ 38,000. was mine , I got into the game a day late to help fund the TZ kicker .

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts