Stern metallica pinball

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Tastes in music notwithstanding, I can see why Stern is choosing bands like AC/DC and Metallica. Just look at the demographic they serve. Mostly males in their 30's to 50's. Along the same line, males that have expendable cash to plop down on one these baby's. With that said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Stern pick up Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Iron Maiden (I'd love to see some original art in the style of their classic albums) in the coming years. Just look at the success of AC/DC and the anticipated success of Metallica. They'd be fools not to keep the classic rock or metal licenses coming.

On a side note, if I see another stinking Marvel pin with their cheesy voice calls (this includes Zen) it'll be too soon.

Oh, and you can bet we'll see at least one Stern Star Wars table during the release of the new movies. Disney is going to whor...I mean market the crap out of that license. :rolleyes:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
With that said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Stern pick up Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Iron Maiden (I'd love to see some original art in the style of their classic albums) in the coming years. Just look at the success of AC/DC and the anticipated success of Metallica. They'd be fools not to keep the classic rock or metal licenses coming.

I don't think Pink Floyd would ever grant Stern a license for a table.

N

netizen

An Iron Maiden pinball table done with the same quality of AC/DC and Metallica ... Up The Irons!!

I don't think the world would be ready for a second metal revival

Mortado

Feb 19, 2013
Supposedly they will have a number of these at the NW Pinball and Arcade show in a few weeks. I'll definitely give it a try.

karl

May 10, 2012
Drunk and unsure.
I've paid for a Metallica premium but I still have the opportunity to switch to a ac/dc premium.
The Metallica playfield looks so much better than the AC/DC but having watched the Metallica played by Lyman S. I just do not feel that the rules are as good as the AC/DC.
I just love the rules on that one.
Getting to chose a song and the rules follow that song is the most important thing I love about AC/DC.(the possibilities are endless) It just brings so much more into the game. Metallica seems to be just pick your song and enjoy yourself and that is fine but not the same thing.
Am I just talking nonsense here and getting nerves about putting down a lot of money???? Do anyone else have the same concern. (no one on pinside by the look of it)

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Got a chance to play a Metallica Pro on location; I was quite impressed. As a disclaimer, the code feels very early, which is no suprise. As of right now there isn't much stackability, except the Fuel mode and the AJFA with the multi's, but I think that will change in the future. I'm a big early 80s Bally fan so I loved that they put inline drops on this game. Getting them all down on one ball is a fun risk/reward element that can be combined with other multiballs and the shot feels really good, especially as a backhand. The game has a nice variety of easy (and sucker) shots to harder ones. I'm really looking forward to what Lyman does with further code updates, and to play the Premium/LE. The hand drawn artwork is a very welcome change and I hope that Stern fires their photoshop guy now and forever.

karl

May 10, 2012
That's old news Void, but I'll gladly watch it again in anticipation of my Premium coming next week :p

karl

May 10, 2012
Hmm! Answer to question nr 1: Noo.

Answer to question nr 2: 7000 $ or thereabout.

Answer to question nr 3: No, I am not rich. Just Stupid. And I blame Farrrsssigtt owl ze vay (was there even a question nr. 3 :confused: :confused: )

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Hmm! Answer to question nr 1: Noo.

Answer to question nr 2: 7000 $ or thereabout.

Answer to question nr 3: No, I am not rich. Just Stupid. And I blame Farrrsssigtt owl ze vay (was there even a question nr. 3 :confused: :confused: )

I hope you're getting a little cut of that North Sea Oil money to help cover those pinball machines. I'd rather see oil money go to guys like you getting something fun like pinball rather than some middle-eastern sheik getting more solid gold whatevers..

Nope, I don't blame people for being rich. Money is good. :)

But I cannot afford 7K :)

Its really tough when when you have the cash on hand but know you should save it instead. Its so tempting to splurge..

karl

May 10, 2012
I hope you're getting a little cut of that North Sea Oil money to help cover those pinball machines. I'd rather see oil money go to guys like you getting something fun like pinball rather than some middle-eastern sheik getting more solid gold whatevers..

That's a great idea. I'll go to all the major oil companies with your sale pitch ;-)

Its really tough when when you have the cash on hand but know you should save it instead. Its so tempting to splurge..

Tell me about it. I'm going on holiday next week and I just got a pretty big electrician bill that just about knocked me to the ground. If I had not bought all this pinball stuff, all would have been fine but Pinball gets a priority before holidays anyway in my book :D (before food also :confused:)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts