T2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
When can we expect the official release of T2? Two weeks or so?

If they go by previous release dates it would be closer to the end of August like around the 20-27th. But they may want to get this one out there as soon as possible since they have a limited sales window with the license.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
it's weird that Blackhole has no EBs but the DMD tables, especially TOTAN, that have ROM settings aren't set to tournament rules and still have EBs enabled.

The replay value in RBION, for the tournament, is really low; around 20M lower than usual :confused:

Superballs: Mybad I had the email address wring in my earlier post it is kickstarter@farsightstudios.com

I think it was because black hole has a good possibility of nearly unlimited extra balls, given all you have to do is 6 drop targets and the loop up to the bumpers.

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
I did some tests with the trigger button since I was having problems getting the Super Jackpot. Both the ball launch and the cannon react exactly the same to the tests since they are both linked to the the trigger button.
The trigger button was set to be above the flipper and nudge regions so those controls wouldn't interfere.
Here are the results:
1. Both flippers are down. Result: Trigger works.
2. Both flippers are down. Then one is held. Result: Trigger doesn't work.
3. Both Flippers are down. Then one is held. Then the other flipper is held (long or short) and dropped back down. Result: Trigger doesn't work.
4. Both Flippers are down. Then one is held. Then the other flipper is held. Then the initial flipper is dropped. Result: Trigger works.

So, the conclusion is that the first flipper hold from the default "off position" makes the trigger button unusable. The only way to make it work again is to "pass" the hold over to the opposite flipper, or not use the flippers at all.
I just tested Star Trek. It also has this problem, though I don't believe the rockets in that game require shots when other balls are in play.

Here's a visual to add clarity:
ejab.jpg

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I did some tests with the trigger button since I was having problems getting the Super Jackpot.
My first instinct is that UI buttons only look at the "oldest" touch in the list. Hmm...

Edit: not oldest, whichever touch has index 0 in the touch array.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I also can't see the center post. I play exclusively in landscape, as my thumbs are too big for portrait.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
According to the tournament page Farsight says that there are 8 tables for the tournament, but I only see 4. I'm in the bronze tier so I don't know if it that has any bearing or not. Also anyone know if they are planning to wipe the slate clean for the tournament after T2 officially releases ?

N

netizen

afaik, this is only a beta of the tournament functions for tiered tourneys.

Do they work, is there a problem, where are the problems, can you still cross post scores etc.

Now is the time to try and break things. Just be sure and report if it worked and how you did it to FarSight.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
I also can't see the center post. I play exclusively in landscape, as my thumbs are too big for portrait.

Same here. I've also noticed it happens with both Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts. I guess these three have different camera code? 'Cause I have noticed that F2K and Nuts had the camera during the flyover on the table menu quite closer than usual, and Terminator 2 seems to have the same, although the in-game cameras themselves still were like the previous ones on the F2K/Nuts release.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
afaik, this is only a beta of the tournament functions for tiered tourneys.

Do they work, is there a problem, where are the problems, can you still cross post scores etc.

Now is the time to try and break things. Just be sure and report if it worked and how you did it to FarSight.

So far things are working as they should. I've actually been really enjoying the new version of ToTAN. It spent the whole day kicking the crap out of me.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Its been years since I've played a real T2, is there a limit on EBs? I got two back to back but was only given the chance to play one of them. Thanks

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
So far things are working as they should. I've actually been really enjoying the new version of ToTAN. It spent the whole day kicking the crap out of me.

What is this new version of TOTAN you're talking about? Did they update the table with new physics in the beta version?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think the ramp transparencies were improved. The ball get's lost by the genie magnet a bit less for wizard mode. I still have trouble with flipper techniques, but the table does feel a bit different.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
What is this new version of TOTAN you're talking about? Did they update the table with new physics in the beta version?

Seems to have the same over-bouncy flipper rubber as T2 now.
It does feel overall improved, but hope Farsight fix this and it doesn't become a new standard.
Every time I catch, it's like skimming stones, you have to count the flipper bounces - (8 is my highest).

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Seems to have the same over-bouncy flipper rubber as T2 now.
It does feel overall improved, but hope Farsight fix this and it doesn't become a new standard.
Every time I catch, it's like skimming stones, you have to count the flipper bounces - (8 is my highest).
Is it as bouncy as TOM is?

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
The flippers are definitely more bouncy in this version of totan it's not as bad as t2 but it's close

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I played TOTAN for a few minutes and didn't notice anything different myself. Maybe I just can't tell the difference. Still can't get Harem multiball though. :p

Stargazer

Jul 13, 2013
Where is that genius guy who touched up the playfield graphics for TOTAN and Taxi to look so amazingly gorgeous with shadows and GI lighting and insert lights that POPS out of the playfield?? On T2 i see nothing of this :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts