T2 Screens

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I see the weird pinky orange lighting is in full effect here. : P Of course gosh only knows how the PS3 version will turn out. 8o

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Heh... they were obviously doing this weather they hit goal or not... they probably started it 3-4 months ago.

LOOKS very nice, but they should give the T2 skull the same reflective chrome as the pinball and I think it would look awesome. Especially with a reflective map.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah it defiantly looks like a camp T-800 was used for the skull, something not just right about it

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
To me the skull is too round. It looks happy, like a jack o lantern version or something. The nose hole needs a little more angle in it, and the teeth need to look meaner. And to be sure, chrome would really sell it.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
To be fair, it looks exactly like the real thing IMO, just that the reflections aren't quite right. But, perhaps that's the best the technology can do at the moment.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
The pink hue is kind of annoying. I wish they would get rid of it, seriously.

+1, other then that still looks good though. Also I think thats a console lighting effect so pretty sure it won't be like that on iOS/Android, Flight 2000 wasn't even though the gameplay video showed it.

Another thing, the pics reminds me of Funhouse for some reason? Might be something to do with multi coloured background. Does it play similar to any other pins on TPA?

Last edited:

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Thought at first the skull looked scrunched like it came from the finale of the first game, but comparing it to the real life counter part I was wrong. Thanks for the comparison pictures.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I don't remember T2 being a particularly fun table, just a bunch of loops. Please remind me of what's cool with this table?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I don't remember T2 being a particularly fun table, just a bunch of loops. Please remind me of what's cool with this table?

Back in 1991, the video mode and the launch cannon were awesome. Commonplace now. 22 years later, I don't remember anything else.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I remember the Arnold call outs too. But mostly just shooting the skull to get to multiball. As fungi said the DMD and cannon were the big draw.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
The skull was a big part of the fun. Normally, you need to shoot for the skull once to lit the lock, and the skull kick the ball back onto the playfield. Then you shoot the skull again to load it.

But the skull is located so that balls can potentially go SDTM from there. So, skulls shots are high risk but necessary part of gameplay.

And Arnie's callouts are the best. He has more lines in the game than he had in his Conan movies!

night

May 18, 2012
Hey, instead of a skull, in FunHouse we shoot on Ruby's head, and all this wonderful fun without a kickstarter! I don't know T2, but the hype that surround the last 2 kickstarter projects, TZ and STTNG is a bit over the top in my opinion. I have more fun with FirePower and FH than I ever had with Start Trek or TZ. But then, I am a simple man.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I think it's a whole package kinda game. The individual parts of it that were innovative at the time appear quite dated now, but every time I play a T2 I'm surprised by how much fun I have. Being a Steve Ritchie game it's naturally fast and flowing, which I personally love in a pinball. It also has one of the few genuinely enjoyable video modes, which doesn't feel like a tacked-on afterthought. Great use of sound and the license too.

I can't wait... :)

Members online

Members online