Table Pack #21 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I see what you mean about the Congo playfield. Not too similiar though. Those look more Egyptian to me.
I've been trying to find similiar writing. I checked the inscription in The Lord of The Rings ring. I also checked the symbols on the amulet from Indiana Jones. And the symbols around the gate in Stargate. No matches.

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Maybe they need to start releasing just one table because they aren't making enough profit to sustain their current workload, especially if they're done with the PHOF tables. Not stating this as fact; just saying it might be a possibility. We don't really know yet.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Jeff. I've read 90% of the forum posts for almost a year now and that is a very logical reason IMO. As stated in this forum, FarSight is working on other products than just TPA. You got to pay the employees, the lights and make some money for the owners of FarSight to justify the work and expense to keep producing two table monthly packs.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one on this forum who has a secret desire to win a big lotto jackpot, buy TPA from FarSight and spend the bulk of the lotto jackpot preserving real pinball machines into video mater pieces.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Maybe they need to start releasing just one table because they aren't making enough profit to sustain their current workload, especially if they're done with the PHOF tables. Not stating this as fact; just saying it might be a possibility. We don't really know yet.

But in doing this wouldn't they be halfing their potential earnings....unless they are thinking of charging the same for a 1 table as they do currently for a 2 table pack??

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
Maybe they won't sell packs anymore and just seasons. If they sell a season with half the tables and it requires half the work and they are utilizing their talent on other projects, that could be quite efficient. Especially if they plan to charge the same price for seasons as they do now..

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
There is no way Godzilla would be possible without a kickstarter. Farsight would not only have to deal with Sony, but Toho (aka the copyright nazis) as well.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
But in doing this wouldn't they be halfing their potential earnings....unless they are thinking of charging the same for a 1 table as they do currently for a 2 table pack??

this can be seen from other point of view: before we got table packs for full price with bonus rerelease table in it, now it will be still full price table packs but without bonus rereleases.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
That is a fair assessment.

Would that being said, Fish Tales in December and Black Rose in January would make a lot of people happy based on the polls here..

this can be seen from other point of view: before we got table packs for full price with bonus rerelease table in it, now it will be still full price table packs but without bonus rereleases.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
If they do continue to do one table at a time, would it take less time to launch the packs, or will it still be monthly?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

I think if they decided to do that a lot of people would get pissed and feel ripped of, if being asked to pay the same price for 1 table as they were previously for 2. Im not saying the people of these forums would feel that way, but im guess we only make up for about 15-25% of TPA user base!??

But if this is the case i sure hope FS make an announcement on this and word it in a please way (if possible) well in advance of table pa.......table 21.

If they do continue to do one table at a time, would it take less time to launch the packs, or will it still be monthly?

Well this is the thing, im sure i read that even for the re-released tables they were still as time consuming and needed as much work doing as the new tables did, as they didnt use any assets from the PHOFWC tables and so were all built from scratch....so thats why i think this 1 table for season 3 isnt true!

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
2 premium tables in season 1. So maybe a 2nd premium table to finish season 2? Something with a license that isn't too expensive so that FS didn't need our help to kickstart the deal?

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
2 premium tables in season 1. So maybe a 2nd premium table to finish season 2? Something with a license that isn't too expensive so that FS didn't need our help to kickstart the deal?

season 2 is already finished with CBW and El Dorado

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Oh... whoops. My bad. Still could be a premium table that didn't need a KS, though.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Oh... whoops. My bad. Still could be a premium table that didn't need a KS, though.

then why it could be named "premium" if Fish Tales has no any expensive licenses associated with it - it is "regular" pinball table as AFM or Medieval Madness.

i see this "one table per pack" things in simple way: it was good to get 2 tables per pack before, but this good time is over for obvious reason, but, as Jeff mentioned, if FS will spend more time for bugs/art assets fixing instead of converting old tables for rereleasing - this could be better thing which only could happen to TPA !!! i hope for this sooooo much

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
There is no way Godzilla would be possible without a kickstarter. Farsight would not only have to deal with Sony, but Toho (aka the copyright nazis) as well.

Toho went mental when Pharoah Monche released "Simon Says" which had a sample from a Godzilla film. The unlicensed sample even halted distribution of the album.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Ryan Routon has mentioned in a couple of his posts that Farsight don't have the resources that they did have (this was when he admitted re-use of old art assets for Victory).
They might not be capable of 2 tables a month going forwards. (This is unfounded speculation though).

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I guess i can understand the need for them to move to just one table a month if they would be stretched to do 2, would much rather have 1 quality table than 2 that weren't.....which bring me on to my fear.

At the moment we have 2 tables a month, sometimes you completely hate 1 table but 95% of the time you can almost guarantee that you'll like the other, if FS go to just 1 table and you dont like that one table then your not going to buy it and this is where FS might start to lose income. Least atm theres always 1 table you like in a pack!

On the positive side I guess this way we won't be getting any 'filler' tables this season as each table will have to be strong enough to stand on its own as there won't be another table to hold it up!

Last edited:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
maybe if it will be one table a month going forward instead of buying the season pack it would be better to wait until each table is released and buy it by the table. in an event you don't like the table you can just pass . However except for going nuts there wasn't a table i couldnt live with so far.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
It could also be that with all the holidays they can just handle one table this month and in January we are back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts