Table Pack #21 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
There is no way Godzilla would be possible without a kickstarter. Farsight would not only have to deal with Sony, but Toho (aka the copyright nazis) as well.

Maybe the worked something out with Sony when dealing with the PS4 launch.

My take.

"Tale" of Pin-Nado (Nod to Shark-Nado)
Shark-Nado = super campy horror

Tales From the Crypt

Then hopefully they can return to two packs

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Maybe the worked something out with Sony when dealing with the PS4 launch.

My take.

"Tale" of Pin-Nado (Nod to Shark-Nado)
Shark-Nado = super campy horror

Tales From the Crypt

Then hopefully they can return to two packs

Or hell, it could be both Fish Tales and TFTC.

I still want it to be two tables per pack, dammit. :(

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Wait, now Lights, Camera, Action! comes into play?

This is VERY confusing now...

You know that the devs and PR guys are reading this thread laughing their asses off with delight, right? And whoever made that poster is getting ENDLESS high fives. And now they just read THIS post and are all "SHE'S ONTO US. BURN EVERYTHING!"

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
You know that the devs and PR guys are reading this thread laughing their asses off with delight, right? And whoever made that poster is getting ENDLESS high fives. And now they just read THIS post and are all "SHE'S ONTO US. BURN EVERYTHING!"

If you're talking about me in that quote, for the record, I'm a he.

Back on topic, I think Fish Tales and LCA makes perfect sense now. LCA is a movie theme, and I can see why they did a movie poster. I think we'll see Cyclone in another pack.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Who would edit something as sacred a TPA Wikipedia page with such conjecture? These are troubling times on the information superhighway.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
LCA and FT makes sense to me. The single ? mark could easily be a late April Fools joke, or an early one, or whatever

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Who would edit something as sacred a TPA Wikipedia page with such conjecture? These are troubling times on the information superhighway.

as one my friend said: "i dont trust to wikipedia since i wrote article for it" =)

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I think there may be more here than meets the eye....
No conspiracy freaks please!

We know FS has always kept an eye on the community so they are surely aware of out musings on the table pack. We also know they are fairly good at not giving out info about future packs and so their current lack of response is to be expected and I suspect nothing can be learned from that decision. We also know that last month, the table pack was essentially "let out of the bag early" by the Steam info (I think it was, I know the icons were pictured somewhere early). We can suppose they were also aware of that and may have taken preventive measures going forward. We also know that FS does indeed have limited resources and although my guesses at earning power is decent, it's a dog eat dog market as Crave so sadly pointed out. There are clearly forces at work beyond their control, Steam, Sony, and Xbox360 come to mind (not to dance on open wounds, I truly believe FS was on their game and got hosed in all 3 cases).

So, what does all this really add up to? We don't know, we probably won't know until it hits, and "reading too much into it" may prove dangerous and create an unnecessary scare. Speculation is fine, and in fact healthy, so far, so good, but let's not get too carried away yet.

I have seen several posts over time saying "I hope they take some time to go back and fix up some of the older problems, I'd 'let them' take a month off if they fix 'everything'". Given the speed they do push stuff forward when it's green lighted by the head honchos, I have fairly high hopes for what they have up their sleeve.

This poster does smell like fish tales, and it clearly shows only 1 place holder for a table on the website, BUT FS is smart, their somewhat coming out of the corner swinging, I don't think they'd just give us a ho-hum single table pack (just my 2 cents, Fish Tales is a cool table no doubt, you can't hate it and they basically confirmed on facebook it's in the works) especially after so much Gottlieb hate and not use the "free time" to hammer out some of the nitty gritty we've been after for a while now, plus getting PS4 up and running, plus probably working on the new PC engine, plus their shiny new cabinet, plus...plus...

So....
that's my book on the subject, I'm just going to chill and wait to see what happens because I know I've been pleasantly surprised in the past. IF there are financial issues, I'd rather they pull back the reigns a bit and trust that they'll keep putting out tables and updates over time vs. abandoning "us" to a lifetime of want and Zen.

wiki schmiki

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Given the hours I spend on each table I don't think paying £4 for a single table (£6.50 pro) is a bad deal. It's a cliche to say this, but £4 is 6 games on a real machine here. £4 for unlimited play of a (admittedly slightly inferior) digital version is a bargain by any standards.

Also I often feel that it's hard to keep up with two tables per month. This would give me more free time!

Just a personal reason, I know...

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Yea, a one table pack is a downer.... however for FT I will gladly shell out the dough. It's like a disease! :cool:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
just because they only showed one "place holder" with a question mark on the TPA website does not confirm there will only be one table. That could have been tossed up there to add mystery and confusion which is the idea of it.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Wait, now Lights, Camera, Action! comes into play?

This is VERY confusing now...

Actually, that fits the hint very well. Plus it gets another reasonably popular Gottlieb out of the way. Unlike this current pack, I will buy a FT/LCA pack.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
just because they only showed one "place holder" with a question mark on the TPA website does not confirm there will only be one table. That could have been tossed up there to add mystery and confusion which is the idea of it.

That did cross my mind. It could be that they always just put one "spot" up for each table pack and we never noticed until now. But the newsletter does explicitly say "table", singular.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013

on place of FS i would end to spend time to make this hint pictures - its pointless because regardless of what FS show in newsletters and their official site atleast half people here continue to talk about their own wishes as some possible thing: FS saw what people demand Fish Tales, they said "ok , people - here it come, and maybe cyclone soon", but everybody talk about TFTC, Godzilla and LCA and everything this in one pack trying to fool themselfes what 1 table slot on TPA site is only for some mysterious conspiracy reason...oooohhh my.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts