Table Pack #21 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think there may be more here than meets the eye....
No conspiracy freaks please!

We know FS has always kept an eye on the community so they are surely aware of out musings on the table pack. We also know they are fairly good at not giving out info about future packs and so their current lack of response is to be expected and I suspect nothing can be learned from that decision. We also know that last month, the table pack was essentially "let out of the bag early" by the Steam info (I think it was, I know the icons were pictured somewhere early). We can suppose they were also aware of that and may have taken preventive measures going forward. We also know that FS does indeed have limited resources and although my guesses at earning power is decent, it's a dog eat dog market as Crave so sadly pointed out. There are clearly forces at work beyond their control, Steam, Sony, and Xbox360 come to mind (not to dance on open wounds, I truly believe FS was on their game and got hosed in all 3 cases).

So, what does all this really add up to? We don't know, we probably won't know until it hits, and "reading too much into it" may prove dangerous and create an unnecessary scare. Speculation is fine, and in fact healthy, so far, so good, but let's not get too carried away yet.

I have seen several posts over time saying "I hope they take some time to go back and fix up some of the older problems, I'd 'let them' take a month off if they fix 'everything'". Given the speed they do push stuff forward when it's green lighted by the head honchos, I have fairly high hopes for what they have up their sleeve.

This poster does smell like fish tales, and it clearly shows only 1 place holder for a table on the website, BUT FS is smart, their somewhat coming out of the corner swinging, I don't think they'd just give us a ho-hum single table pack (just my 2 cents, Fish Tales is a cool table no doubt, you can't hate it and they basically confirmed on facebook it's in the works) especially after so much Gottlieb hate and not use the "free time" to hammer out some of the nitty gritty we've been after for a while now, plus getting PS4 up and running, plus probably working on the new PC engine, plus their shiny new cabinet, plus...plus...

So....
that's my book on the subject, I'm just going to chill and wait to see what happens because I know I've been pleasantly surprised in the past. IF there are financial issues, I'd rather they pull back the reigns a bit and trust that they'll keep putting out tables and updates over time vs. abandoning "us" to a lifetime of want and Zen.

wiki schmiki

I think it's more complex than that:

First of all, to understand what happened to Killer, you gotta understand who Killer the dog WAS. Now Killer was born to a three-legged ***** mother. And he was always ashamed of this, man. And then right after that, he's adopted by this man, Tito Liebowitz. He's a small-time gunrunner and, uh, rottweiler fight promoter. So he puts Killer into training, next thing you know Killer's GOOD! He is DAMN good! But then, he had the fight of his life. They pit him against his brother Nibbles. And Killer said, "No, man, that's my brother, I can't fight Nibbles!" And he made him fight anyway. And then Killer, Killed Nibbles. And Killer said, "That's it!" And he called off all his fights, and he started doing crack, and he ffffffff-FREAKED OUT. And then in a rage, he collapsed, and his heart... no longer beat. Wow.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
on place of FS i would end to spend time to make this hint pictures - its pointless because regardless of what FS show in newsletters and their official site atleast half people here continue to talk about their own wishes as some possible thing: FS saw what people demand Fish Tales, they said "ok , people - here it come, and maybe cyclone soon", but everybody talk about TFTC, Godzilla and LCA and everything this in one pack trying to fool themselfes what 1 table slot on TPA site is only for some mysterious conspiracy reason...oooohhh my.

Just for the record,

I didn't mention TFTC because of any wishful thinking (I've never played it have no wishes for or against it).
If I were to let wishful thinking take over it would be either an HS/HS2 pack or HS2/EBD (AKA my orgasm pack)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The table will be:

Evel Knievel Dines at Olive Garden with Barb Wire and Dolly Parton. End of discussion.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
That did cross my mind. It could be that they always just put one "spot" up for each table pack and we never noticed until now. But the newsletter does explicitly say "table", singular.
good point. so i went back to earlier newsletters (last two anyhow) and just found the hint to be a photo with the clue. This is the first time i see them saying "table" so very well could be only one table.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The table will be:

Evel Knievel Dines at Olive Garden with Barb Wire and Dolly Parton. End of discussion.

Olive Garden should never be mentioned in a post containing less than 12 (extremely long) paragraphs.

I guess this makes me kind of a hypocrite.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Olive Garden should never be mentioned in a post containing less than 12 (extremely long) paragraphs.

I guess this makes me kind of a hypocrite.
Six thousand words is the stated minimum for a proper rant, but I'll let this one slide... ;)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Has anyone thought that the tornado Movie poster could refer to wizard of Oz? That would be one hell of a surprise.
It's also impossible. Licensing considerations aside, how would they get both the playfield and the LCD monitor to fit on the screen of an iPhone?

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
how would they get both the playfield and the LCD monitor to fit on the screen of an iPhone?
so no modern tables only because here are such incompatible devices as mobiles?
so it will be definetly WoO and Godzilla - this is why FS took close relations with Sony, tornado on picture from and the word "tale" - point to the tale about emerald city. and may be Godzilla is exclusive for PS4 - it is a reason why here only one table slot on site

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's also impossible. Licensing considerations aside, how would they get both the playfield and the LCD monitor to fit on the screen of an iPhone?

After playing WoOz, I must say that I would love to have it for Pinball Arcade, even without the LCD screen. Leave the sounds in but the playfield is so beautiful and the game is really fun. It is kind of easy on a basic level but hard to achieve as you continue to open up modes and then stack them. I never really found myself looking at the LCD except when I started multiball. In fact, if it wasn't for my girlfriend playing a few games, I would have probably not seen anything beyond that.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013

Well, assuming that the licensing and software emulation weren't an issue for the ps4, they could stream the video feed to a psvita and use the vita as the controller.

I do understand that console exclusives are simply not going to happen anytime soon if ever, I just don't know what a tornado and sharks movie poster could refer to other than twister and fish tales.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Lights, Camera, Action? Huh???

LCA is fairly well regarded in the pinball collector community. At least compared to other Gottliebs of its time. It's the first system 3, has a pretty low production run at just over 1,700 units and ruleset is somewhat deep (once again, compared to other Gottliebs). Rob Craig from the Silverball Podcast used to rave and rave about it on his show. The theme of LCA is about making a movie which fits the movie poster hint pretty well. Now, the "from the makers of" stuff doesn't fit because LCA is a Norris design. If it is LCA, it will be interesting to see how FarSight handles the colored spotlights that were mounted on top and flashed at certain times. They really added to the experience.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
One image translator for me said 'sardine' in Japanese. Not sure if it was correct...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts