Table Pack #26 speculation

p6800

May 17, 2013
Bad cats is nr.3 on my top 3 wanted, after RollerGames and Gilligan's Island! :D

During the last stream, someone asked about it, and the guy answering support @ farsight said : "What is that? Never heard of it... I'll have to look it up..."

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think Eight Ball Deluxe is coming, but no earlier than the end of this season. It was in the top 10 and it has been heavily requested but with Cue Ball Wizard and Big Shot, that would be a lot of pool. Spreading it out is not a bad move.

I've seen a few requests for this on the FB page, and it mostly gets responded with "Not anytime soon".

There was a reason why they did "Cue Ball Wizard" instead, and when asked why they chose that table over EBD, the answer was "Because we liked it better". (As does mostly everyone)

I can guarantee you, that table is coming this season, even doubtful for next season as well. There's just way too many better tables, and much more highly requested tables than EBD.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Badcats is just wayyy too badly designed to ever make it to TPA.

The layout is kinda fun, but we have.

1) a ball 3 only one attempt 20 million shot (that can sometimes be collected twice due to a software bug)
2) 10x max fish bone-us, for a cool 5 million. (if this were the height of the scoring the game would be balanced. good risk vs reward on it)
3) a carryover jackpot that starts at 500k (i think) and goes up to 20 million+change (that i know for sure) even though the meter on the backglass goes up to only 8 million. That can be lit by a random spin.

Add to that, the unlimited millions form the tiger ramp.

It's a horrid game for competition.

Does have nice sound and music though. :)

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Badcats is just wayyy too badly designed to ever make it to TPA.

The layout is kinda fun, but we have.

1) a ball 3 only one attempt 20 million shot (that can sometimes be collected twice due to a software bug)
2) 10x max fish bone-us, for a cool 5 million. (if this were the height of the scoring the game would be balanced. good risk vs reward on it)
3) a carryover jackpot that starts at 500k (i think) and goes up to 20 million+change (that i know for sure) even though the meter on the backglass goes up to only 8 million. That can be lit by a random spin.

Add to that, the unlimited millions form the tiger ramp.

It's a horrid game for competition.

Does have nice sound and music though. :)

I don't know. The layout isn't so bad but the sounds are so repetitive it makes the mystery rider call out in Harley seem tolerable. I think I heard "bayud cats" like 30 times in the first minute of play. I hope everyone who wants this table so badly get it eventually but it is near the bottom of my list of tables I can do without.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I think we're getting a Bally table next. Oh well, we'll find out Friday :)

Possible candidates: Mousin' Around, Eight Ball Deluxe, Paragon, Fireball, Safe Cracker, or Party Zone; it's basically a wild pitch at the moment.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I think we're getting a Bally table next. Oh well, we'll find out Friday :)

Possible candidates: Mousin' Around, Eight Ball Deluxe, Paragon, Fireball, Safe Cracker, or Party Zone; it's basically a wild pitch at the moment.
You know, I'm going to go out on a limb and say EBD will be next. They seem to be doing some very popular, appeal-to-everyone machines, and out of that bunch I think EBD is the best qualified.

Actually, I'm tipping Junk Yard, then EBD. I think their last few games will all be unknown/unannounced ones.

Once again, Judge Dredd. That is all.
Speculation for pack 26 or wishlisting? ;)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
You know, I'm going to go out on a limb and say EBD will be next. They seem to be doing some very popular, appeal-to-everyone machines, and out of that bunch I think EBD is the best qualified.

Actually, I'm tipping Junk Yard, then EBD. I think their last few games will all be unknown/unannounced ones.

We're not getting EBD this season. It's already been asked about and was responded with a firm "No".

I'd say it'll be a table more along the lines of "Safe Cracker", ""Dracula", etc.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
The lines that Safe Cracker and Dracula sit on are pretty separate from each other, no? One needing a license and the other not (unless you're talking about Stern's Dracula).

drdrey

Jun 11, 2012
Bad cats is my most wanted table. Just cause some people don't like it . Everybody has there personal favorites. I figure it won't ever get made but I can still put it out there

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
There was a reason why they did "Cue Ball Wizard" instead, and when asked why they chose that table over EBD, the answer was "Because we liked it better". (As does mostly everyone)

This is why EBD is .3 points higher in rank than Cue Ball Wizard on the Internet Pinball Database.

I know the general consensus of many is to hate all pre-DMD pins. But the general consensus of many is to hate all Gottlieb. What to do on EBD vs CBW? :p

There are actually *very* few DMD-era Bally / Williams tables left with absolutely zero licensing issues. (Party Zone, Safecracker, Jackbot, and ???). There's a few that might have cheap licenses, or might not (something like Indy 500 or No Fear say), and a few that could make it if the song license is cheap enough (Red and Ted, Getaway).

Unfortunately (from my perspective) I'm going to guess that EBD will be pushed back due to the relative age of the pin too, from what I see the bulk of the easy picks from now on are going to come from System 11 pins (such as the Diner, Earthshaker, and Cyclone in the poll). I don't know how the must-have-DMD-and-toys crowd will like that. :p

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
The lines that Safe Cracker and Dracula sit on are pretty separate from each other, no? One needing a license and the other not (unless you're talking about Stern's Dracula).

If I recall right, both Pinwiz and the FB page mod said that "Dracula" would NOT need a kickstarter, so technically they're both in the same category as a strong possibility. (Yes, "Dracula" will cost most, but not enough to warrant a Kickstarter, and the demand for it alone makes the table worth doing for Farsight)

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
This is why EBD is .3 points higher in rank than Cue Ball Wizard on the Internet Pinball Database.

I know the general consensus of many is to hate all pre-DMD pins. But the general consensus of many is to hate all Gottlieb. What to do on EBD vs CBW? :p

There are actually *very* few DMD-era Bally / Williams tables left with absolutely zero licensing issues. (Party Zone, Safecracker, Jackbot, and ???). There's a few that might have cheap licenses, or might not (something like Indy 500 or No Fear say), and a few that could make it if the song license is cheap enough (Red and Ted, Getaway).

Unfortunately (from my perspective) I'm going to guess that EBD will be pushed back due to the relative age of the pin too, from what I see the bulk of the easy picks from now on are going to come from System 11 pins (such as the Diner, Earthshaker, and Cyclone in the poll). I don't know how the must-have-DMD-and-toys crowd will like that. :p

I don't think the general consensus is to "Hate all Pre-DMD tables", as most would disagree with you on that one. (I certainly don't hate all non DMD tables!) I think many will be thrilled with more and more System 11 pins, as there are so many good ones.

As for EBD, again, if it was as good as people say it is (or as good as it's ranked,), than it would've been made before "Cue Ball Wizard", and obviously Farsight disagrees with the EBD fans because they've said as much. ("We chose this over EBD because we liked it better")

Sadly for the EBD fans, I honestly can't see this table getting made anytime soon. We already have two pool themed tables and there are about 100 better tables to be made.

Last edited:

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
There are actually *very* few DMD-era Bally / Williams tables left with absolutely zero licensing issues. (Party Zone, Safecracker, Jackbot, and ???).

....and Hurricane!!! Ok , I'm the only one here who's bothered about it, but FS should do it anyway, for reasons I'll think of later.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
....and Hurricane!!! Ok , I'm the only one here who's bothered about it, but FS should do it anyway, for reasons I'll think of later.

Well, if for no other reason it is a DMD. Those tend to sell better. Even if the crowd isn't vocal, they probably will get more sales from the generall masses. It is a pretty fun game too.

Doccus

Jan 15, 2014

Yup.. It's definitely going to be Junkyard.. which is good.. I've been waiting for it for a while since my visual pinball copy got lost on a HD crash...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts