Table pack #39 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Road Show followed by The Getaway? Man, this season has been so awesome. Better than 3 already.

It's awesome alright! :) Table selection is about the same quality as season 3 imo (which was great). On top of that the graphics and physics are mostly very well done. DX11 beta is out for the PC players. FS is working on more realistic flipper physics (that I haven't really tried yet but it sounds way cool). Leaderboards are improved. FS employees has a presence on this board. Very good season for sure. I don't get why some don't like it. I hope seasons 1 & 2 get a makeover to be inline with more recent releases.

And it's great to see the predictions on the board for season 5. Looks like there is room for at least 3 more seasons with high quality tables.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah liked the season as well, but didn't play much because I tried a lot of VP, which is 80% maintenance and 20% playtime. At least if you set everything up for the first time.

So I am also very excited what happened in the background of TPA. With all the console versions out FS hopefully has the time to polish their product into what can be really the best pinball game (if you see the overall package).
I am desperately waiting for cab support since the beginning, but I am pretty happy now with dx11 and the cam mod.
So I definitely would give the makeover of older tables the highest priority. It would be so awesome if FS would pursue the "one new - one makeover" table per month. Could be done hand in hand with implementing new physics and fine tune each table.

p6800

May 17, 2013
It would be so awesome if FS would pursue the "one new - one makeover" table per month. Could be done hand in hand with implementing new physics and fine tune each table.

I had this idea in the past and wrote about it here. FS does a bad PR job. I would hire someone to taunt stuff daily on facebook, twitter, instagram. Walk around with a phone and take pictures and small clips of work in progress - "Check out this new texture on so and so (old) table? what do you guys think?" Release a new table each month and plan AHEAD with this forum or whatever for an old table makeover.

"Starting from the X next month we would like to remake CIV (or whatever, vote on them)." Private beta maybe, crunch constant free feedback and at the end of the month a diamond comes out next to the new table, that you can also advertise as "new".

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I am desperately waiting for cab support since the beginning, but I am pretty happy now with dx11 and the cam mod.
So I definitely would give the makeover of older tables the highest priority. It would be so awesome if FS would pursue the "one new - one makeover" table per month. Could be done hand in hand with implementing new physics and fine tune each table.

Same here been waiting since beginning for cab support and I stopped playing and buying TPA and stuck with VP. DX11 and the cam mod has changed that and I bought one missing season with pro already.

The 'one new - one makeover' idea is excellent so if they can commit to that, then spot on.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
It's awesome alright! :) Table selection is about the same quality as season 3 imo (which was great). On top of that the graphics and physics are mostly very well done. DX11 beta is out for the PC players. FS is working on more realistic flipper physics (that I haven't really tried yet but it sounds way cool). Leaderboards are improved. FS employees has a presence on this board. Very good season for sure. I don't get why some don't like it. I hope seasons 1 & 2 get a makeover to be inline with more recent releases.

And it's great to see the predictions on the board for season 5. Looks like there is room for at least 3 more seasons with high quality tables.
couldn`t agree more !!!we are very lucky people to have so many tables.:cool:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Me too on the desire for polishing previous tables on some kind of schedule. And please can we have a "dark room" mode? Xenon just doesn't look right in a brightly lit room. A lot of the older Solid State machines would look amazing in a darkened room. I think that might rate higher for me than per-machine camera settings.

Industrial_Foods

Nov 7, 2014
Me too on the desire for polishing previous tables on some kind of schedule. And please can we have a "dark room" mode? Xenon just doesn't look right in a brightly lit room. A lot of the older Solid State machines would look amazing in a darkened room. I think that might rate higher for me than per-machine camera settings.

Great idea, I also would like to see tweeks like vibration on Earthshaker. My own personal crazy recommendation would be USB fan support for games like Whirlwind and Twister.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah liked the season as well, but didn't play much because I tried a lot of VP, which is 80% maintenance and 20% playtime. At least if you set everything up for the first time.

So I am also very excited what happened in the background of TPA. With all the console versions out FS hopefully has the time to polish their product into what can be really the best pinball game (if you see the overall package).

I'm all about the "re-mastering" of previous TPA tables. And I think your suggestion may be the best way to go. If FarSight adopts the "one new table/one makeover" per month plan, that would help strengthen the TPA franchise with, hopefully, a minimal need for extra FarSight personnel.

FarSight has made some noticeable strides with TPA recently, and I'm not just saying that because we're a few weeks away from getting free ice water for $1/glass!

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I'm all about the "re-mastering" of previous TPA tables. And I think your suggestion may be the best way to go. If FarSight adopts the "one new table/one makeover" per month plan, that would help strengthen the TPA franchise with, hopefully, a minimal need for extra FarSight personnel.

FarSight has made some noticeable strides with TPA recently, and I'm not just saying that because we're a few weeks away from getting free ice water for $1/glass!

_____
1 redo...1 new; great idea eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online