Table pack #39 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GibGirl

Feb 4, 2015
They really do seem to try and alternate between DMD and non-DMD, so I'd say this is likely the right time for The Getaway. So I really think that's the most likely at this time. That leaves 40 as the surprise table.

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
Are any Data East or other license tables even likely at this point? 'The Shadow' & 'Jurassic Park' are two of my favorite tables, but the more I explore the forums, tables such as these seem less and less likely to hit the Steam or PSN stores anytime soon. Thoughts?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Are any Data East or other license tables even likely at this point? 'The Shadow' & 'Jurassic Park' are two of my favorite tables, but the more I explore the forums, tables such as these seem less and less likely to hit the Steam or PSN stores anytime soon. Thoughts?

The Shadow, apart from the giant image of Alex Baldwin on the backglass, is probably the more likely of the two since it's a largely forgotten 20-year-old movie based on a rather obscure source IP. So there's some hope it might happen, which would be great, because it's a fantastic pin despite the weak license.

Jurassic Park is still big business, especially with the new movie due this Summer. Now, there are no actor licenses in the artwork, but there is voicework (which I think is lifted entirely from the original movie), but there is also stuff in the table that's not in the movie so you'd be working with the Crichton estate on that. Working with estates can be tricky. However, that all said, I'd perform illegal acts* if it meant getting JP into TPA because I played the heck out of that table when it came out and it's great.

* List available on demand, I may get back to you sometime in 2037, if I remember.

RushDude2112

Jan 5, 2015
There was a table I played just recently that I hope hits TPA. Williams Bad Cats. That pin was really fun to play

RushDude2112

Jan 5, 2015
I would love for them to totally surprise us and add this Williams gem I discovered at ZapCon. Bad Cats. This is a really fun and funny pin to play

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

With lesser licenses, Bobby had told us in the BlahCade interview that FS would go after more block purchases like what they did with Sony. Obviously they cannot run a kickstarter campaign over and over. Whether they have indeed made any more of these kind of purchases, we don't know yet. They had positive dealings with Universal and Sony, plus they've dealt with Paramount and CBS Video, so hopefully they'll have some more with other studios. Time will tell.

karl

May 10, 2012
Whatever happened to Roadshow? Haven't seen much money on that horse lately.

Edit: wrote that before seeing Shutyertrap's post

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I would be excited for TX-Sector as well.

Gottlieb still has a lot of great tables that would be a perfect fit in TPA. I'm seeing lots of great predictions, and I'd be happy with any of them.

But I'm going to stay consistent with my prediction. If the next Gottlieb will be an alphanumeric-then I want the one I've been saying I want for the longest time-Surf N' Safari.

Not the deepest rulesheet-but just a simple and fun game to play. Haven't played it since 2003.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Whatever happened to Roadshow? Haven't seen much money on that horse lately.

Edit: wrote that before seeing Shutyertrap's post

No worries. I think it will be somewhere in the first half of season 5. My favorite from the mid-late 90's.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Roadshow and Safe Cracker are the last of the Lawlor tables I really want. And Banzai Run. Oh, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts