Table pack #40 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
And now that you've made that photo public, who wants to bet that the token in-game will appear with the same blemishes as in this photo?
Well I did offer to send over the tokens to FarSight, but I think they must have a better lot of scans available.

The offer still stands if you don't have that silver token, FarSight.

These need a good tumbler polish. Anyone know someone in Australia with one of these?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
If safecracker is the next table,some decisions need to be made.

1) is the safe dial to be set to true skill or pseudo skill? Factory default is pseudo skill, which gives you no control whatsoever over your "roll". If it's set to true skill you can stop it where you want.

2) do the tokens have to be spent to play assault on the vault mode? In real life the answer is yes. I think you should have to earn it in TPA as well.

3) do we save the state as if pro mode were on? this is actually VERY important for this particular table. it NEEDS to keep it's audits to play properly. It self percents the token awards over time you see, being a fruit machine in pinball form.

4) how are leaderboards handled? For this table, leaderboards are very hard to handle. I actually think this particular one should have none. It's you versus the game, and the point is to earn tokens. One of the wizard goals should be to get a complete collection of one of each token.

Btw you do not drain when time runs out. you simply enter sudden death, where a drain ends the game. A tilt also enters sudden death. if you are already there, it ends game.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If safecracker is the next table,some decisions need to be made.

1) is the safe dial to be set to true skill or pseudo skill? Factory default is pseudo skill, which gives you no control whatsoever over your "roll". If it's set to true skill you can stop it where you want.

The policy FarSight uses is factory everything. I would vote for pure skill. Pseudo skill may allow for some auto percentage niceties per your point 3 which could work out either in your favor or against.

2) do the tokens have to be spent to play assault on the vault mode? In real life the answer is yes. I think you should have to earn it in TPA as well.

Absolutely: earn it you must, which plays into your point 4.

3) do we save the state as if pro mode were on? this is actually VERY important for this particular table. it NEEDS to keep it's audits to play properly. It self percents the token awards over time you see, being a fruit machine in pinball form.

I'd vote yes. Particularly the state of V A U L T letters. You haven't experienced Safecracker until tokens are flying down the glass at you every time you score a Vault Jackpot.

4) how are leaderboards handled? For this table, leaderboards are very hard to handle. I actually think this particular one should have none. It's you versus the game, and the point is to earn tokens. One of the wizard goals should be to get a complete collection of one of each token.

As far as I can remember, there are not separate leaderboard tables on the machine for regulation play and token play. The scores on the game leaderboard reflect token play (Assault the Vault) because that is generally where the big points are.

Btw you do not drain when time runs out. you simply enter sudden death, where a drain ends the game. A tilt also enters sudden death. if you are already there, it ends game.

I believe tilt knocks a hefty amount of time off the clock, but should not enter you into sudden death immediately on factory settings. Unless you are down to about 15 game minutes.

Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
So timed mode is part of the factory settings, right? It does make the table a lot more unique and thrilling near the end.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
correct. and i'm pretty sure that pseudo skill is factory default. when its off the game has to use more shenanigans elsewhere to keep its percentage.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I've never played SC anywhere. Sounds like a complicated rule sheet was made for this table. There are many tables I would've rather seen on TPA to close out season 4. Still, I'm keeping an open mind about this one.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but those that do like it, love it. The best thing about it is it is something different for TPA, scoring and play wise. That's part of why I'm such a proponent of getting NBA Fastbreak into the game, it's just different enough while retaining everything you like about pinball.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
My favorite part is always the board game. Why wasn't Lawlor's Monopoly table more like this one?

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but those that do like it, love it. The best thing about it is it is something different for TPA, scoring and play wise. That's part of why I'm such a proponent of getting NBA Fastbreak into the game, it's just different enough while retaining everything you like about pinball.

At least a really good multiball sound. :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

I've played WMS version of NBA before-It's better than the Stern Pinball version IMO.

Then again, the Stern version I tried was in a bad state of disrepair.

The NBA cannot be an easy license for FarSight to obtain. WMS had a heck of a time getting it-until NBA Jam became a smash hit.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've played WMS version of NBA before-It's better than the Stern Pinball version IMO.

Then again, the Stern version I tried was in a bad state of disrepair.

The NBA cannot be an easy license for FarSight to obtain. WMS had a heck of a time getting it-until NBA Jam became a smash hit.

Bobby had told me he wouldn't relish the idea of dealing with the NBA, having had experience dealing with the NFL for prior games in FS history. But hey, it's a new era and it seems FS is getting better at dealing with licenses. So who knows?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just curious, if Safecracker is selected, what Lawlors are left? We must be running low on Ritchies and Lawlors now, probably the two most well thought of designers.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Bobby had told me he wouldn't relish the idea of dealing with the NBA, having had experience dealing with the NFL for prior games in FS history. But hey, it's a new era and it seems FS is getting better at dealing with licenses. So who knows?

You trying to tell us or something :p

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Ritchie has ~5 tables left. I would not "waste" them one close to another. That's why i was sure since the hs2 "leak" that it would not be out too soon.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ppl=Steve+Ritchie&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

Discounting the Atari stuff and the Stern SAM system that so far can't be emulated, that would leave:

Elvis
F-14 Tomcat
Flash
High Speed 2
No Fear Dangerous Sports
Rollergames
Stellar Wars
Terminator 3

Flash and Stellar Wars are longshots given the bias against older tables (pretty sure Paragon will appear before any other old table will anyways).

The rest have licenses of some sort (some major, some minor). Realistically F-14 and HS2 are the only ones I would say are strong candidates left (lots of requests etc.).

p6800

May 17, 2013
Realistically F-14 and HS2 are the only ones I would say are strong candidates left (lots of requests etc.).

That's why i said Ritchie has ~5 tables left (more towards 4).

HS2 is 100% and F-14 close to that %. Rollergames is a long shot but gets requested often. No Fear could be the forth. Only way we see a fifth from Ritchie is if some bomb drops and they pull from the hat Star Trek, T3, or AC/DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online