Table Pack #41 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
There also needs to be the typical two Halloween tables.

I'm betting that Mary Shelley's Frankenstein will be one of them.

karl

May 10, 2012
As I said in another thread, one is plenty for Halloween and I am betting/hoping Farsight sees it like me. Not that many great scary tables left, if they want some for later seasons, and I would rather have another good/great(non scary) table than a mediocre Halloween table

Edit: Besides, One month of Halloween is more than adequate

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
There also needs to be the typical two Halloween tables.

I'm betting that Mary Shelley's Frankenstein will be one of them.

Although I've said "DMD fatigue is not always a good thing", I can make an exception here just because I want to see how FS handles the larger DMD screen.

Being able to select "Edgar Winter's Frankenstein" as one of the themes is one of my favorite features of the game. Can't see that license being too much of a hassle.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Although I've said "DMD fatigue is not always a good thing", I can make an exception here just because I want to see how FS handles the larger DMD screen.

Being able to select "Edgar Winter's Frankenstein" as one of the themes is one of my favorite features of the game. Can't see that license being too much of a hassle.

If they can handle the large DMD, imagine the possibility.... Baywatch!!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
If they can handle the large DMD, imagine the possibility.... Baywatch!!

The backglass for that table is absolutely terrible but the gameplay is actually really good. Played it at Pintastic and I'd love for it to come to TPA... albeit with the atrocious backglass removed.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The backglass for that table is absolutely terrible but the gameplay is actually really good. Played it at Pintastic and I'd love for it to come to TPA... albeit with the atrocious backglass removed.
The backglass isn't any worse than other DE/Sega/Stern backglasses (except PotO), but anyway... it's a fine game and deserves more attention. I'd like to see it too.

image-24.jpg

karl

May 10, 2012
I have the option to buy Baywatch for ca 1500$ and have been pondering it for some time. Looks like there is so many shots in that game(love how they took out the shooter lane to make more space available)

Haven't played it yet so I am wondering if it is possible to get over one of the cheesiest themes in history with some great shots. It better be fun, because the theme does not do it any favors (to put it mildly:) )

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I have the option to buy Baywatch for ca 1500$ and have been pondering it for some time. Looks like there is so many shots in that game(love how they took out the shooter lane to make more space available)

Haven't played it yet so I am wondering if it is possible to get over one of the cheesiest themes in history with some great shots. It better be fun, because the theme does not do it any favors (to put it mildly:) )
Worth it for the Shark Flipper (visible just above the right outlane). If it's in okay condition $1500 seems good.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'm thinking that Countdown might be the table. Or if they wanted to go EM Space Walk

I really feel like the only EMs we're ever going to see are either Jive Time or Fireball. Jive Time because of PHoF(I never liked it, but hey...). I know Farsight has said they're not as likely to make EMs due to poor sales, but I think Fireball would do well. It always gets a good amount of votes in polls(third place in the "pre-80s" poll).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I really feel like the only EMs we're ever going to see are either Jive Time or Fireball. Jive Time because of PHoF(I never liked it, but hey...). I know Farsight has said they're not as likely to make EMs due to poor sales, but I think Fireball would do well. It always gets a good amount of votes in polls(third place in the "pre-80s" poll).

This gets specifically addressed when Bobby answers forum questions in our next BlahCade Podcast. Look for it next week.

karl

May 10, 2012
I would much rather have one of the later EM's like Surfer or Jungle Queen. They just seem more interesting to me

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
This gets specifically addressed when Bobby answers forum questions in our next BlahCade Podcast. Look for it next week.

Between BlahCade, Safe Cracker, and the first hint for Season 5, this may be the most exciting week for TPA since the TAF Kickstarter was announced.

Maybe Farsight need to be aware of this and crank their (social) media relations into as high a gear as they're capable of and publicize things. Like, now. Not two weeks after the fact.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Um, I wouldn't do it. Imagine that backglass all lit up proudly in your house. Imagine your friends seeing it and thinking, "Wow, you REALLY like Baywatch don't you?" If you're gonna drop 1500, better do it on something you'll be proud of.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
G

I hate the theme as well but it is a fun player. I doubt it would be a long term keeper, but I'd bet you'd enjoy it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Next weeeeek?

Hehe. It was supposed to be this week, but we had circumstances on our recording day that prevented us from doing it. It'll be worth the wait if nothing else than to hear the debut of the intro song for Jared's Tech Talk, which was put together during the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts