Table Pack #41 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
If those are the only two tables he deems worth buying, more power to him.

Some are buying TPA seasons and individual packs on multiple platforms. FarSight must be making money or they couldn't give us the tables they have, on multiple platforms (or, in the case of the WiiU, just advertise the non-existent app as available), and with the new features they've added this year. Plus the 360 version "kinda-sorta" got back on track in May.

We are spending the money, and FarSight is doing better with TPA. Still a ways to go, but they've solved some long-standing issues this year, like the DX11 and 360 waits.
Did you see this :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Did you see this :)

Yes I did. And save for the drive-by swipe at the WiiU version, I was never trying to be mean at all. Just simply pointing out that money is being spent. I somewhat got your point, and I'll just leave it at that as I don't want to butcher it. Peace!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I enjoyed Jack*Bot more than I thought I would.

I also really like Phantom, Cyclone, Earthshaker, and Xenon, so this season has been a good one for me.

With the exception of TPZ and Safe Cracker (if that is next), I've played all of the season 4 tables IRL. The very best part of TPA is reliving the memories of playing these games, just like you would if you've played classic arcade game collections. TAF, Jack*Bot and Red/Ted were my personal favorites.

It is great to see classic video games and pinball machines starting to get the same respect as classic tv shows, classic movies, and the music we grew up with.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
[MENTION=3920]pm1109[/MENTION] did you try Jack*Bot? It's really well done and if you like DMD tables that is the highlight of the season imo.
totally agree Gus it`s my no,1 table from season4.i reckon season 3 =season 4 !!! :cool:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Season 4's back end has been very strong. TAF, Cyclone, Jack*Bot, Xenon, Road Show, Safe Cracker. The worst of those 6 is Xenon and we know whose fault it is that Xenon made it into the line up ....

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Never played Safe Cracker in real life. Interesting to see how that goes!

The video I saw of it was....interesting. It seemed like a lot of video mode-type stuff.

It's pretty highly requested, though, so I'm thinking it'll be pretty decent. Not to mention a Lawlor. I never realized I was a fan of his tables, but so many of my favorites were ones that he made, unbeknownst to me. I didn't pay attention to table designers until I came to this site.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
:0 really that's another lawlor? :) awesome! it can be a little hit-and-miss with his stuff, but i never knew that r&t was sort of unofficial sequel to "funhouse" - why i started getting into tpa in the first place! so lol, yeah "gimme two dummy heads this time"... and brilliant (and tough!) rampages and shoots and targets everywhere.

thanks fs, "you're on a mission from god"... one of the few bright spots in the universe for me! :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
That would be quite a kick if Banzai Run started off season 5. Finish off the Lawlor WMS era with his debut table (co-designed with LED).

IMO, starting off with another alphanumeric Data East table would also be a great way to go. Either Lazer War or Time Machine would do the trick for me.

For some reason, I'm thinking F-14 will be it. I'll miss those red, white, and blue lights, but without a doubt, it's a perfect fit for TPA.

invitro

May 4, 2012
IMO, starting off with another alphanumeric Data East table would also be a great way to go. Either Lazer War or Time Machine would do the trick for me.

Since PotO has been such a pleasant surprise for me, I've been wondering if there's another good DE alphanum that I've been avoiding. I played Lazer War when it was new (I don't remember it), & never have seen Time Machine to my knowledge... the others are Secret Service, Torpedo Alley, Playboy 35th Anniv., Monday Night Football, Robocop, Back to the Future, and The Simpsons. I have probably played most of these, but don't remember any except Simpsons and that only slightly.

I'd like to push for one of the unlicensed ones if I could choose one... :)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
Season 4's back end has been very strong. TAF, Cyclone, Jack*Bot, Xenon, Road Show, Safe Cracker. The worst of those 6 is Xenon and we know whose fault it is that Xenon made it into the line up ....

;0 lol, not MY fault is it?? ;) i just swear i remember seeing that one next to centaur way back when; we had some tripped-out looking machines up near purdue way back when... ;) i'm waiting to buy it ps3, but love playing around a bit with it on my ipod... next in line, if i buy any more ipod tables! love the tripped out older-school sci-fi theme. love that szit!! ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've played some games on Robocop and I thought it was pretty sweet. Not sure how expensive the license would be though.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I've played some games on Robocop and I thought it was pretty sweet. Not sure how expensive the license would be though.

IMO Robocop sucks in all aspects besides the amazing music and the jump ramp. In competitive play, all you really need to do is nail the 3k spinner over and over for big points. Also, for some stupid reason, the score rolls over at 10 million on this game...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
IMO Robocop sucks in all aspects besides the amazing music and the jump ramp. In competitive play, all you really need to do is nail the 3k spinner over and over for big points. Also, for some stupid reason, the score rolls over at 10 million on this game...

What surprised me was how quickly the higher-scoring WMS tables would roll. For instance, ST:TNG and WD? roll at 10B, though not on the high score list. Both are very high-scoring games. I figured they'd roll at 100B instead.

I know there are many others, those are just the examples I happened to grab out of thin air. Played both this week on TPA.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

Those issues don't really bug me. I'm not into competitive play, so an exploitable point shot like the Robocop spinner or the ramp on Star Wars don't really bother me. I totally agree it would be boring to have as a tournament machine. I also don't care when a machine rolls over. I've played many pins that roller over at 10,000 and it doesn't ruin my fun. You can always try to nine it out if you are into that. But I can see how those things would be an issue for some.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Those issues don't really bug me. I'm not into competitive play, so an exploitable point shot like the Robocop spinner or the ramp on Star Wars don't really bother me. I totally agree it would be boring to have as a tournament machine. I also don't care when a machine rolls over. I've played many pins that roller over at 10,000 and it doesn't ruin my fun. You can always try to nine it out if you are into that. But I can see how those things would be an issue for some.
----
Sounds like some people have addition issues eh. Lol 😁😨

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts