Table Pack #41 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
90 percent of all balls are lost down the gaping left outlane on this table.

Not only that, the kickback does NOT auto-relight at the start of the ball. only on first ball.

If the kickback doesn't ALWAYS slam a single ball into burn rubber, i will be very put out, as that's what it's supposed to do every time.

That kickback is very hard to relight without draining during the attempt. Hard enough that you will be glad to get light kickback as a burn rubber award!

Also the question of what rom revision to use is not so obvious with this one.

L2 has two major bugs. one with secret mania,and one that gives you a 256 second ballsaver at the start of multiball sometimes.

L5 has those bugs fixed, but other undesirable changes. It doesn't tell you to run the red light, and has multiball related weirdness not present in many other versions. oddly enough P-7 seems the least buggy rom.

and L1 has significantly different supersharger lighting rules.

P7 has supercharger mode as a 2 ball multiball (!).

Most people seem to prefer L2 ROMs, despite the bugs with secret mania and the occasional glitched long ballsaver on multiball.

Last edited:

kane11

Aug 26, 2012
once on FB Farsight replied to me, that Johnny Mnemonic is possible after 4 season.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a table with more Habitrails over it than that Baywatch picture. I never saw that one in the wild; if I had, I think I'd have had trouble seeing the ball under all that wire!

I would like to see at least one EM table in season 5. *Any* EM table. Really. Even (ugh) Jive Time.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Incidentally, reading these threads: When I was attempting college (it didn't work out), circa 88-89, Eight Ball Deluxe was the one machine you could find EVERYWHERE. No matter what filthy bar you walked into, if they had any table at all, that was it. A thousand college hangouts, at least in the Deep South, resonated to the cries of "Quit talkin' and start chalkin'!" Even once pinball died, there still seemed to be more of these and TAF floating around than any other tables. (Obviously with TAF it was because there WERE more of them than any other tables.)

So how come Eight Ball Deluxe wasn't in, I dunno, season one? It seems like a really obvious choice for early adoption. Have there been licensing or other issues anyone's admitted to?

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
That would be quite a kick if Banzai Run started off season 5. Finish off the Lawlor WMS era with his debut table (co-designed with LED).

(sorry for three posts in a row; blame it on scattered brain)

I've said before and will say again: I would throw a lot of money at Farsight for Banzai Run. (Of course, I throw a lot of money at them anyway, who am I kidding.)

Until this week my thought was "but I just don't think their current setup is equipped to handle the playable backglass." Then Safecracker came out, and I'm not so sure any more.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a table with more Habitrails over it than that Baywatch picture. I never saw that one in the wild; if I had, I think I'd have had trouble seeing the ball under all that wire!
If you're looking at the wireforms (or the pinball, for that matter) on Baywatch, you're looking at the wrong thing.

I would like to see at least one EM table in season 5. *Any* EM table. Really. Even (ugh) Jive Time.
Even El Dorado?

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
If you're looking at the wireforms (or the pinball, for that matter) on Baywatch, you're looking at the wrong thing.

Well, I've never been that interested in David Hasselhoff :p

Even El Dorado?

You know, I've never seen or played the EM El Dorado (only images at the pinball DB), but I'd take it. And it can't possibly be worse than the El Dorado we've got.

karl

May 10, 2012
Finally!!!, people can now stfu about HS2.......wonder what will replace it........Banzai Run probably

You're a real beacon of light, lettuce. Never a negative comment ;)

Really looking forward to HS 2. I hope they do not make it too easy. The real one can be a brutal affair, and it has to be, since the rules are not that deep. But this is a fantastic table when the difficulty level is right.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I might've used this for hint #41.

Too obvious?
TX_zpsvfqscwkg.png

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I am not willing to give in and assume this one is HS2......:p

"Take a hike" ==> What is hiking? Basically, "Walking".

What is Steve McQueen, besides cool? ==> "Dead"

Table 41 is The Walking Dead!

karl

May 10, 2012
That is some serious code breaking talent you've got going on there, chinzman :D

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
(sorry for three posts in a row; blame it on scattered brain)

I've said before and will say again: I would throw a lot of money at Farsight for Banzai Run. (Of course, I throw a lot of money at them anyway, who am I kidding.)

Until this week my thought was "but I just don't think their current setup is equipped to handle the playable backglass." Then Safecracker came out, and I'm not so sure any more.

Banzai Run has been my most wanted table from the start. (As people here know). At least there is one,possibly two places in the area that have it on location to play. I really hope it can be done this season.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014

-----
;)

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
I'm wondering if HS2-TG is made, how would you emulate the up/down gear shifting ? additionnal buttons ?
In this case I'd had to add buttons to my custom controller. annoying...

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I'm wondering if HS2-TG is made, how would you emulate the up/down gear shifting ? additionnal buttons ?
In this case I'd had to add buttons to my custom controller. annoying...

On the supported icade (core) controller I'd imagine the pre mapped button used for the extra flipper on Starship troopers could toggle the shifter.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the launch button would also count as shifting up. another button would have to be mapped for shift down.

no one ever actually shifts down anyway. :)

in one old rom you could actually shift down and get a 5 m downshift bonus, as i recall, but i only saw that one ONE machine and haven't been able to replicate it.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
There is a premapped button that could be used for downshift - it's the one that's used for the left magna save in black knight - but I don't see why simply one button that toggles between high an low gear wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts