Table Pack #45 Speculation Thread

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
And before anyone gets there knickers in a bunch; the only spoiler is that you might get less of a chance seeing your favorite table but if the tables are set the reality is set whatever you might believe so it is only your own misconception being destroyed.

That being said nothing is written in stone as Licenses and getting the table physical bought for the teardown is not clear cut.

Invitro already made several detective dives into the Farsight data files and have posted them for us to speculate on.

And as mpad wrote - it is not a story spoiler, there are no twists nor great surprises. We have a fairly good idea about what tables are worth doing and what might sell so it is all really about how long are we gonna get seasons? Bobby was quite happy seeing atleast 6 seasons, but why stop there?

As long as we are buying tables there is no reason to do anyting else for Farsight. It is up to us the 'buyers' to decide the future of The Pinball Arcade.

EDIT - And please Dedpop, no spoilers ;)
End Edit

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I am turned into a villain!!! I must delete my post before my path to hell is assured.... But first I must crawl into a corner and sob being into a catatonic state :p
Well you joined in January 2015, you haven't seen this in 2014:
PiNWiZ said:
This is the last time I'm going to warn members on the following infraction : Please refrain from posting unreleased or unconfirmed information you may find while digging through TPA files on this forum. Out of respect, FarSight should be given the chance to announce and confirm their own table releases. Members who do not abide by this will be immediately and permanently banned from the forum.
That's why I kept my mouth shut, after my usual "steam folder digging". :)
(... dont know what happened to wiz & sdc .. where they are ..)

Yet I think it's good to know what you get when you pay for a season pass.
I never liked this whole secrecy & speculation every month.
Farsight probably doesn't know what a season will bring when they start selling a new season pass
but they should at least let us know as soon as they can confirm a table for tpa.
I know, "not gonna happen". :)

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Well since it was posted by mistake on another forum providing a link is a safe alternative to outright spoiling things for people.

There may not be spoilers or a story but alot of people really enjoy just to simple speculate and play the "game" that is Guess that table!

I dont get ahoot either way im still having delusions of paragon(xenon*spits*)

but for those who dont like spoilers *DONT TOUCH THE LINK*

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Which Playboy table do you think it will be ?
Bally or Stern ?

Gottlieb - 1932

Probably a part of the ems that Bobby said they would release apart from the season tables. Even though I don't think this is an EM. It is flipperless and doesn't even keep track of score.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Which Playboy table do you think it will be ?
Bally or Stern ?
Before getting too excited about this one... these strings are in PinballArcade.exe (version 1.42.8; the number to the left is the byte location in the file):

3062304 TPlayboy_Enums.csv
3062960 TStrikesSpares_Enums.csv
3063940 Dev/Playboy/PBTPlayboy.csv
3064908 Dev/StrikesSpares/PBTStrikesSpares.csv
3067148 TPlayboy

So Bally or Stern (or Data East!) Playboy, and Bally Strikes and Spares, right? Well... look at the tables that were in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinball_Hall_of_Fame:_The_Gottlieb_Collection .

So it looks to me that this is the 1932 Play-Boy, and the 1995 Strikes N' Spares (which I have played on location, and is not bad for a redemption game). And are probably just leftovers like Jive Time and Sorcerer, probably not to be released in TPA.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-Boy_(pinball)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strikes_'N_Spares_(pinball)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I actually like Strikes and Spares. I bought the PSP PHOF strictly for it. Got tired of it real fast, but I really liked it.

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
See! invitro is the detective here :p

I am still hoping for Johnny Mnemonic cuase nothing is written in stone, ever.........

And some more ....... and then some ..... see ..... more ..... yeah .....

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I actually like Strikes and Spares. I bought the PSP PHOF strictly for it. Got tired of it real fast, but I really liked it.

I wouldn't mind it either for a play once every now and then. With around 65 pins, it might add an interesting bit of variety. To me it isn't real pinball, but it is fun to play.

I agree with the folks above that I don't think we will see Playboy (EM). If it was going to appear, we would probably already have it.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Gottlieb - 1932

Probably a part of the ems that Bobby said they would release apart from the season tables. Even though I don't think this is an EM. It is flipperless and doesn't even keep track of score.

When did Bobby say that about EMs? I must have missed that one.

Playboy Bally 1978 maybe:

http://www.vpforums.org/uploads/dsfiles/img-342-1310044394.jpg

TX-Sector is a great table - recently done in VP10 so will be good to see that in TPA. A similar table 'RoboWar' would have been nicer, but TX still a change from the recent batch of tables.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
I wouldn't mind it either for a play once every now and then. With around 65 pins, it might add an interesting bit of variety. To me it isn't real pinball, but it is fun to play.
I agree. Maybe this EM pack that is rumored could also have SS oddities like this. I'm sorta hoping that they'd put in a classic EM baseball/bat machine too. I don't know really anything about any pre-1975 machines, I've just seen them in my pinball books and I have some curiosity about all mechanical coin-op devices, I guess.

I don't remember any 1990's pinball-like machines that were worth anything other than Strikes N' Spares and Slugfest. I think I played the other Gottlieb machines, Nudge-It and/or Bell Ringer. (For a very brief period in about 1993 I got the bright idea to win tons of tickets on these things at my local Putt-Putt and give the prizes to girls there to attract them.)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Alvin g! This let's me hope for Mystery castle.

Not before Punchy.

image-3.jpg

karl

May 10, 2012
So it looks to me that this is the 1932 Play-Boy, and the 1995 Strikes N' Spares (which I have played on location, and is not bad for a redemption game). And are probably just leftovers like Jive Time and Sorcerer, probably not to be released in TPA.

So you are saying that games from the old, old, very old gottlieb collection somehow got into the code of TPA? That sounds really, really far out, man :D

If stikes N spares and Playboy is the early SS versions, I'll swallow up those but there is so many better games from that time period to choose from, so I would guess/hope that this is the George Gomez Playboy from the early 2000' (but please not the Data east one. Never played it but I just have a bad feeling about that one)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So you are saying that games from the old, old, very old gottlieb collection somehow got into the code of TPA? That sounds really, really far out, man :D

Well, other titles amongst that list were also Aces High and EMEldorado, so yeah, it's probably the 1932 Play-Boy.

Members online

Members online