Table Pack #67 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
God not ANOTHER Gottlleb table!!!...but it would still be better than the Hauted House reskin version of Ghostbusters!!.

Medusa and also Devils Dare would be nice releases but dont see how the hint refers to any of those tables.

I was hoping for my something left field like Mephisto....

maxresdefault.jpg
5811311ea98610668d87588d7b1854702fddbb12.jpg

but i double they would be able to get their hand on one

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Image search comes up with a ghost busters looking match.

https://www.tineye.com/search/e709ae5e8387bf5327f6b558a185759fd23f8a59/

I didn't recognize it at first but somebody already pointed out it was from the GB logo and once one looks at it, it most certainly is. That doesn't mean the table has anything to do with GB. It's a hint to represent a ghost.

The clue is the face of a ghost, surrounded by sun/fire.

Spirit has the face of a ghost(spirit) surrounded by that ring of fire.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Agree with everybody else in not wanting HH GB retheme again. I’d rather play Haunted House or Ghostbusters than the mashup of the two. Anything else for the Halloween table would be preferable imo.
Now if it’s thrown in with say Sorcerer, then I don’t really care. No harm, no foul, if it’s a free throw in.

Nov 18, 2016
I think at least 100% of us would prefer to get a desired table that's not Halloween related over a mediocre release that fulfills the holiday requirement. And I'm a guy who eat, drinks, breathes, and sweats Halloween spirit.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Would love for it to be Spirit, fairly rare Gottlieb table that is in the top 100 on Pinside and one of the higher rated Gottlieb SS tables. Yes, it was designed by John Trudeau, but once again, other people worked on the table so why throw the baby out with the bath water??

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I don't think it will be he Ghostbusters retheme. That was actually pulled from the App Store a month ago and I doubt they would have pulled it unless it was a licensing issue. The individual Scared Stiff app is still up.

The clue has the ghost, but not the "no smoking" symbol around it. So it is a Ghost without the Busters. Or a Spirit.

Spirit uses the same MPU as El Dorado: City of Gold, which is emulated in TPA. And it is the only game with that MPU that is (Goin Nuts is not emulated). So, maybe we have a Forepower 2 situation where they just wanted to emulate a another game with that MPU.

So, my vote is with Spirit.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Any chance this can be Spirit?

A ghost is a spirit. And the back glass is a face with some yellow around it. And would fit the Halloween theme.

Crawley, I believe you are right on the money on this one. Boy, Farsight got everyone's panties in a bunch making us start thinking it was the re-skinned GB/HH. I don't have asthma but I almost had to grab my wife's inhaler. The fact they used the GB logo is a ruse. I also think Joelpbafan has something with Sorcerer making the logo disappear. A Sorcerer/Spirit two-pack is possible. Since Farsight previously released Sorcerer in The Williams Collection they may feel another table released along with it will justify people spending the money on it. The leaker has not been wrong yet, so pretty sure Sorcerer is coming sometime this season and it would make most sense to release it for Halloween.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I don't think Farsight was consciously trying to pull a ruse or mislead people (it's people's own fault for jumping to conclusions and getting their panties in a wad). I think it's a clever clue where they needed something to suggest the face of a ghost.

Spirit it is.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
God not ANOTHER Gottlleb table!!!...but it would still be better than the Hauted House reskin version of Ghostbusters!!.

Medusa and also Devils Dare would be nice releases but dont see how the hint refers to any of those tables.

I was hoping for my something left field like Mephisto....

maxresdefault.jpg
5811311ea98610668d87588d7b1854702fddbb12.jpg

but i double they would be able to get their hand on one

RELAX.

Spirit is NOT a Premiere table, it's classic Gottlieb. We like those. We want more of those.

I got to play Spirit for a bit at an expo this year and it's a really cool looking table. The game is solid but I think the most striking feature is the backglass. Too bad we'll never see it in motion while playing on TPA.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I suspect most of us have gotten to the stage where we can nitpick almost any table or choice, spoilt! Tho yeah go huh would have been very cringe worthy

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I'm definitely convinced it's Spirit. I checked a list of Halloween-appropriate pins and it wasn't on there so I definitely forgot about it.

In hindsight it's pretty obvious. The ghost is a spirit, it's just the floating face. The fact that it's the Ghostbuster's face might be a red herring/nod to the SPA table but it honestly might just be what they used because it's a face we would all recognize as the face of a ghost aka spirit. What other face could they have used? Casper?

Kudos to Farsight for releasing a real stumper of a clue!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.