Tables for the rest of the year?

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
I did a Banzai Run for VP, and this was some freaky heavy things to script. But mostly Buildarounds for things VP doesn´t support. The Game itself and of course the emulation was an easy one.

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
Rollergames is cheesy beyond belief (though that does give it a certain charm.) It also holds the dubious distinction for being the first game to feature advertising on the playfield (not counting advertisement machines, like the El Dorado clone for Canada Dry).
Jokerz has a decent playfield and rules, but the sound effects are boring, with no voice whatsoever, giving the table a generic feel.
Bad Cats sucks because of higher authority than my personal opinion. Truth is I like Bad Cats, with it's cute theme, memorable music and sounds, fairly interesting layout, and lots of adorable cats. That doesn't matter, though, since designer Barry Oursler said it was one of the few tables he made that he is ashamed of. If the designer is ashamed of his own table, it officially sucks, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Thanks for the information on those tables. Voice and good sound effects are always great for a table, and makes it really fun. When it doesn't have that, it would get boring.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
JOKERZ has voice just not much at the beginning the king says "let the game begin" the joker laughs says jokerz wild the queen says double your score and I thought it was fun as a kid I hope its at pacific pinball expo next month. JOKERZ WILD!

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Every table might not appeal to everyone, so there's always a chance some people may find them fun.

Yes, to each their own... I know Black Hole gets a lot of love around here, but that table to me is like the last 5 minutes of an NBA game... mostly very boring, with a few seconds of action interspersed. But mostly, deathly boring...

JCChaconJr

Jul 10, 2012
I for one hope that FS eventually gets their simulation engines completed, which would really help in their development. One table that I'm somewhat surprised hasn't really come up is Eight Ball Deluxe. This game is a true classic, IMHO, and has its own fame, given that a fairly great reproduction was created in the early 90's by AMTEX. I loved that sim, and given that sim technology has progressed so much, it woul be awesome to see it. The license isn't complicated, given that I don't think there were any cross-licenses involved, and I don't think anyone will really doubt that it was a great table. I also wouldn't doubt if a few machines from that era ran on similar hardware.

If I recall correctly, AMTEX's next pinball sim was SUPPOSED to be FunHouse, until the studio broke apart.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I for one hope that FS eventually gets their simulation engines completed, which would really help in their development. One table that I'm somewhat surprised hasn't really come up is Eight Ball Deluxe. This game is a true classic, IMHO, and has its own fame, given that a fairly great reproduction was created in the early 90's by AMTEX. I loved that sim, and given that sim technology has progressed so much, it woul be awesome to see it. The license isn't complicated, given that I don't think there were any cross-licenses involved, and I don't think anyone will really doubt that it was a great table. I also wouldn't doubt if a few machines from that era ran on similar hardware.

If I recall correctly, AMTEX's next pinball sim was SUPPOSED to be FunHouse, until the studio broke apart.
I'm thinking this will come up eventually, though last I heard, Stern's Sharkey's Shootout, which is inspired by (some would say rips off) this table, is the more likely choice, since it's one of the few lightly licensed (voice and likeness of a real pool champion) Stern tables.

Ben Belden

Jun 12, 2012
According to the Pinball Arcade newsletter I got this evening:

"Table Pack #5 Coming in August

Taxi™ will be featured in the next table pack! We will also be releasing another great Stern game that will get your motor runnin’…"

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
According to the Pinball Arcade newsletter I got this evening:

"Table Pack #5 Coming in August

Taxi™ will be featured in the next table pack! We will also be releasing another great Stern game that will get your motor runnin’…"

Does that mean that they have system 11 emulation running at 100%? I sure hope so!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Does that mean that they have system 11 emulation running at 100%? I sure hope so!
Might be scripted, but I think Mike said they were making good progress on it, so it might be ready for prime time.
If this is true, it's likely the often-rumored Taxi/Harley pack. Disappointing that we won't be getting AFM yet, but I'm sure that will be out before the end of the year.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I for one hope that FS eventually gets their simulation engines completed, which would really help in their development. One table that I'm somewhat surprised hasn't really come up is Eight Ball Deluxe.

I've mentioned that one before somewhere. Whilst the post Midway/Williams merger Bally tables are nice I would like to see some older Bally machines as well with this being the top of the stack because along with Firepower II it's one of the earliest pinball machines I can remember.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Might be scripted, but I think Mike said they were making good progress on it, so it might be ready for prime time.
If this is true, it's likely the often-rumored Taxi/Harley pack. Disappointing that we won't be getting AFM yet, but I'm sure that will be out before the end of the year.
Certainly sounds promising on the System 11 emulation front. Fingers crossed...

Probably quite wise for them to hold back AFM. It is quite similar to MM and MB in terms of layout and rules, and the delays in getting the DLC to consoles means that they would be released a little closer together than FS would ideally like. Personally I love AFM so I'm as eager as you are to play it.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Certainly sounds promising on the System 11 emulation front. Fingers crossed...

Probably quite wise for them to hold back AFM. It is quite similar to MM and MB in terms of layout and rules, and the delays in getting the DLC to consoles means that they would be released a little closer together than FS would ideally like. Personally I love AFM so I'm as eager as you are to play it.
At least when they do release it, it will have the latest physics engine.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts