Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
I'm off to watch some YouTube vids of the nightmare table and bring back some memories................ come to think of it I have an Amiga emulator somewhere on my PC :) That was my fav table.

Nightmare! Thank you, that's the name, not Graveyard. I used to mess with Amiga emulators, getting Workbench going, adf files, etc, etc, etc. (for those games along with Earl Weaver Baseball and Wayne Gretzky Hockey). Instead, I just popped $5 on the Pinball Gold pack on goodoldgames. Pinball Dreams 1 & 2, Pinball Illusions, Fantasies, Mania. All works pre-configured and using dosbox. Couldn't be easier.

SH

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There's a few negatives here though;
It was released in 1991. Technology wasn't as good, so there are few voice / sound samples, and a shallow, unbalanced rule set (multiball is the only thing worth shooting for, at least in PAPA tournaments)
It is the first game to be designed with a DMD (Second to be released), so implementation isn't great.
It's not valuable or rare (compared to other machines).
Like FP, it was a huge hit back in its day, but other machines that have followed in its footsteps have surpassed it.
Its a good, but not legendary table (Like TZ, STTNG, and TAF).

Tech wasn't as good compared to what? Today's tables? Does it have more call outs than Gorgar or Firepower? How 'bout Funhouse?

BoP is probably regarded as the most shallow of rule sets, yet it is still beloved. I personally find Creature to be rather shallow in that if you are strictly going for points, it's get multiball, shoot for jackpots, repeat.

By the same logic, RBION is crazy deep, but the learning curve is so steep, most dismiss the table outright.

The DMD is a problem? Really? Again, what does that say about any machine with alpha numerics or worse, reels? As far as historical preservation, getting to see what the first DMD played like is a bit of a wonder to behold!

I'm sorry, since when did market value suddenly become the barometer of a table's worth? One of my favorite machines is Rollergames. It is not a valuable pin by any stretch, but it's fun. Whirlwind is my all time favorite, yet it costs a fraction of what people want for Medieval Madness. Does that mean I'm wrong about Whirlwind?

And because a machine like ST:TNG has 2 cannons, obviously following in T2's first to use a cannon steps, we are supposed to forget about T2? What about Dirty Harry, it's got a cannon shot just like T2, but since we already have it in Trek, should we blow off wanting that table too?

Tell me this, what makes TZ, ST:TNG, and TAF legendary? If T2 is such a mediocre table, why did it's playfield layout get duplicated for T3 and more or less for AC/DC? What Heretic was saying about it having a following of a few generations now, the main thing he's talking about is the theme. Terminator is a rock solid theme, follows in the footsteps of many other pins featuring robots and futuristic themes, and to me, is a damn sexy looking table.

Look, what you said, what I'm saying, they're all just opinions. Riddle me this though, where else are you playing pinball in general? You know the last time I saw a T2 to play? Been probably 15 years at least. There are ample reasons for it to be chosen for inclusion in TPA, and the points you brought up for not are pure vapor.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I have the feeling some people dont agree with each other. No problem, everybody has his own favorits, but keep that in mind when you get overheated in this discussion. Some like pizza, some like mcdondalds, they both are good, or suck, whatever you like, ;-).

T2 for me is memorylane. And yes, first dmd animations, first canon, an awsome theme, back then, and now. Superflow, fun call outs. Only the software could be more expanded. But it was not a problem then, and it wont be now.

Some pins need good stories or modes, some are just for plain shooting and having fun.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
A deep ruleset is great, but very few tables have the flow that T2 does. Sometimes fast speed and the battle to keep the ball alive can be even more fun than complex goals. Both styles have their place in the realm of pinball, and there's a reason that T2 is still a good tournament pin too.

Last edited:

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Farsight still hasn't fixed ps3 leaderboards or even acknowledged the problem and they want me to give them more money?

lol

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Farsight still hasn't fixed ps3 leaderboards or even acknowledged the problem and they want me to give them more money?
They acknowledged it on their Facebook page and they were also finally able to reproduce the bug a couple weeks ago. It should be updated in the next patch (hopefully).

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I've just donated ten bucks. I've never played it, seen it or watched any YouTube videos. Any true Pinball lover would do the same surely? It's ten bucks, it's not much is it?

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Considering PAPA just raised nearly $59,000 for equipment to provide livestreamed feeds and archived videos of their tournaments, I'd say a lot of people care about them.

Indeed, I backed PAPA with $50 and I have backed T2 with $50.
PAPA is great (imo).

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Who cares about the boring papa gameplay. Just enjoy the ride, amazing pin!

The fact that PAPA raised almost 59k with just 724 backers which is less than half the backers of the ST:TNG Kickstarter is a testament to the passion that people have for this past time.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
How can people hate on Papa? Really? Because they "play slow" ??? What freaking footage are you watching lol.

Yes cradling balls and making decisions is part of being good at pinball. If you want to watch scrubby flailing there's plenty of that on youtube. Papa videos whether tournament or tutorial never dissappoint and are a blast to watch.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some people just don't like watching it. I know plenty of people that enjoy golfing but would never watch it on TV. I love watching golf and pinball. To each his own.

karl

May 10, 2012

lol

I wish people would stop responding to Facebook rants like this, including me. :-(

Even if he is joking,(and I doubt that) this post should just be removed. It has no place on a great forum like this and especially in a thread like this.

Why do I not stay quiet when I see nonsense like this??? and why do I keep using the word "this" so much :confused:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It's not looking good my friends...

5ri3.png

tkq.png

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It's too early to be pessimistic. Remember Twilight Zone and Star Trek both went over the amount needed by quite a bit. We just need this one to hit the mark. Instead of being upset by this, raise awareness. It's up to us to make it happen if we want the game made.

And besides that, don't doubt a big push at the end or a wealthy donor to step in and help out.

Also ,this is the president of Farsight's most wanted table, if Farsight employee's have never donated this would be the one Kickstarter to do so. Farsight needs to accept some responsibility for this luke-warm start: lots of backers feel burned, Xbox owners still feel burned, PC backers still haven't gotten a beta... So I feel they should step in and contribute. Either that or make a special exception to this one; if full funding isn't reached, but it's reached 80%+, then make it anyway. After all, there's still money to be made even if they have to foot some of the bill this time around. Pay out 20K to help make it happen, and make money from the game, or have it fail and make nothing.

Once issues are resolved, once KS backers get their codes on time this time, and Xbox and PC owners get the game finally, I don't think future Kickstarters like LotR, Simpsons, or Addams Family will have any trouble whatsoever. Also keep in mind we knew T2 wasn't as sought after as LotR, Addams Family, or Indiana Jones. So I really hope that Farsight doesn't just give up on KS altogether should worse come to worse.

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
What's to say Farsight haven't already donated around $40k to make the kickstarter only $59k?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It's too early to be pessimistic. Remember Twilight Zone and Star Trek both went over the amount needed by quite a bit. We just need this one to hit the mark. Instead of being upset by this, raise awareness. It's up to us to make it happen if we want the game made.

And besides that, don't doubt a big push at the end or a wealthy donor to step in and help out.

If the trend of donations per day follows the last two campaigns then I don't think we can count on a big push at the end. Look at the graphs posted below. If it's up to us to raise awareness then what's Farsight's responsibility? Just create the kickstarter campaign and press the "start" button? Maybe my opinion is in the minority but since there are so many negative feelings from the last two I feel like FS should be actively promoting this instead of just counting on the fans to do it. I donated as soon as I saw the campaign had started but I am considering increasing my contribution if this trend continues a couple of weeks from now :).

0hi1.png

gss8.png

ygwf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts