Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I would like to see a lower minimum pledge first off, to make an effort to keep out the trolls that want to spread FUD; make the minimum $10?
I take what you mean is you want a higher minimum. I'm not sure, is that even possible on Kickstarter? Hardly anyone even pledged less than $10, so if it's possible to increase it, $10 does sound fine.

I don't see any of "the trolls" as having been a problem though - maybe you guys just spent too much times in the KS comment section? :) A troll would still be able to pledge $10 and then take it back later before the last 24 hours.

N

netizen

Sumez, yeah I meant higher. Total brain fart. Thx for the correction. I edited my post

You're right that the pledge level won't keep out those who are really dedicated to the task of trolling, but at the same time it does disincentivize some.

The biggest problem the "Trolls" were causing was in the KS comment section, by spreading FUD and misinformation. Part of that is on FarSight, there's only so much that the community or pledge levels can do.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah the upping of the entry level pledge is a must, as said to keep the trolls away and also helps hit the target quicker. Also im guessing FS wont be able to offer a pledge for Beta testers on all tables with the next KS...otherwise before they know it they'll have over 100 people beta testing!!

Maybe they could add a pledge where you can get discounts on past table season packs, or even a free table or 2 of your choice from past seasons??

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Yeah the upping of the entry level pledge is a must, as said to keep the trolls away and also helps hit the target quicker. Also im guessing FS wont be able to offer a pledge for Beta testers on all tables with the next KS...otherwise before they know it they'll have over 100 people beta testing!!

Maybe they could add a pledge where you can get discounts on past table season packs, or even a free table or 2 of your choice from past seasons??

I'm pretty sure that an iOS developer account will only allow a maximum of 100 devices to test on. Not all beta testers would want iOS but I think most will. With the 50 they will be adding from this KS plus their internal testing I'm fairly certain they're just about maxed out.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
They don't need a beta tester tier or anything like that for an Addams Family KS. They won't need one for LotR or Indiana Jones either.

T2 is not as popular or as wanted as Indiana Jones or Lord of the Rings. The day Bobby said T2 was next which was a while ago, it got a very mixed reaction here. It never had anywhere near the enthusiasm that Twilight Zone and Star Trek had. Which is why I'm so damn happy it happened. It happened despite Xbox 360 despite PC and despite pissed off KS backers who didn't get their rewards.

What they do need though is to get the 360/PC platforms sorted before doing a kick starter like say, Family Guy or the Simpsons. Both actually may require more money than Arnold and Terminator. The Simpsons and Family Guy tables are popular but they aren't on the same level as Addams/Indy/LotR. Then again neither was T2.

T2 would not have made it had Farsight not stepped up with promotion and especially the beta tester tier. We should all be very thankful they pulled it off because this campaign had A LOT going against it.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Family Guy or Simpsons would bring in A TON of new customers. People that have either never played pinball before, young kids, adults, and everyone in between. If you ask me that's a great idea. Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones also would to a slightly lesser degree. Dr. Who would just confuse mainstream audiences since it has nothing to do with the current show.

Anyways I wasn't nervous about T2 after the beta test tier I knew it was a lock. However I am nervous about Addams Family. I just feel without Addams TPA will never be complete as a collection. I hate talking like that but it's how I feel. It's just so important they secure that license. I guess we'll know soon I hope. Curious to see what the next newsletter sayya about it.

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
They don't need a beta tester tier or anything like that for an Addams Family KS. They won't need one for LotR or Indiana Jones either.

Agreed. I think that Addams Family will sail through a Kickstarter very easily.

richmlow

Jul 21, 2013
I'm also very glad to see that the T2 Kickstarter succeeded!! For awhile, it was not looking too good, but the Pinball Arcade community really pulled together. As for the Addams Family KS, it's going to require a lot of money for the licenses, etc. I would not be surprised if it is 2-2.5X the amount that was needed for T2. Even so, I think that a significant number of people will support it and Farsight will do a better job (compared to T2) publicizing it.

It would be great if Farsight could bring Simpsons, LOTR over to the Pinball Arcade. =)

T2 is not as popular or as wanted as Indiana Jones or Lord of the Rings. The day Bobby said T2 was next which was a while ago, it got a very mixed reaction here. It never had anywhere near the enthusiasm that Twilight Zone and Star Trek had. Which is why I'm so damn happy it happened. It happened despite Xbox 360 despite PC and despite pissed off KS backers who didn't get their rewards.

What they do need though is to get the 360/PC platforms sorted before doing a kick starter like say, Family Guy or the Simpsons. Both actually may require more money than Arnold and Terminator. The Simpsons and Family Guy tables are popular but they aren't on the same level as Addams/Indy/LotR. Then again neither was T2.

T2 would not have made it had Farsight not stepped up with promotion and especially the beta tester tier. We should all be very thankful they pulled it off because this campaign had A LOT going against it.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I have to agree with Mark in regards to the Addams Family Kickstarter. Regardless of how much is needed, that one is likely to sail through in two snaps of one's fingers.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm not so sure. Does popularity really equate to willingness to back a kistarter? Seems like the same 2,000 donate in each kickstarter.
How much do you think Addams will need? $100,000 or maybe even $125,000? Could be a lot of dough.
I'll dig deep for TAF. I really want that one.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I'm not so sure. Does popularity really equate to willingness to back a kistarter? Seems like the same 2,000 donate in each kickstarter.
How much do you think Addams will need? $100,000 or maybe even $125,000? Could be a lot of dough.
I'll dig deep for TAF. I really want that one.
New people join the scene and leave all the time. I was oblivious when they ran the previous Kickstarters. I'm not that big a Terminator fan but i knew that if T2 didn't succeed that future KS-funded tables may never come to fruition. I contributed $20 to the $18 tier, but it it was something I truly wanted (like Simpsons Pinball Party), I probably would have dug deep and pitched in quite a bit more. I think there may be a lot of other people who will be willing to donate more to a table that they really want. T2 only exceeded because of the $400 beta bonus reward tier, and I'm skeptical that Farsight will be able to satisfy all their rewards with the myriad of platforms they support, and each store coming with it's own set of restrictions. I use Ouya but as far as I'm aware the Ouya store doesn't support download codes (yet). Maybe it could be done manually on Ouya's end if I give them my Ouya account info. Then there's people who have season passes getting credit towards future tables instead, despite they will likely get the season passes for those too.

My personal opinion is to consider these campaigns a type of corporate donation, with rewards that are not absolutely guaranteed to be hitch-free on any specific platform. That's why I refuse to donate a high dollar amount due to the likelihood of being disappointed with reward redemption, but $10 and $20 pledges do add up quickly if enough people contribute.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
New people join the scene and leave all the time. I was oblivious when they ran the previous Kickstarters. I'm not that big a Terminator fan but i knew that if T2 didn't succeed that future KS-funded tables may never come to fruition. I contributed $20 to the $18 tier, but it it was something I truly wanted (like Simpsons Pinball Party), I probably would have dug deep and pitched in quite a bit more. I think there may be a lot of other people who will be willing to donate more to a table that they really want. T2 only exceeded because of the $400 beta bonus reward tier, and I'm skeptical that Farsight will be able to satisfy all their rewards with the myriad of platforms they support, and each store coming with it's own set of restrictions. I use Ouya but as far as I'm aware the Ouya store doesn't support download codes (yet). Maybe it could be done manually on Ouya's end if I give them my Ouya account info. Then there's people who have season passes getting credit towards future tables instead, despite they will likely get the season passes for those too.

My personal opinion is to consider these campaigns a type of corporate donation, with rewards that are not absolutely guaranteed to be hitch-free on any specific platform. That's why I refuse to donate a high dollar amount due to the likelihood of being disappointed with reward redemption, but $10 and $20 pledges do add up quickly if enough people contribute.

Don't be so certain it would have failed...despite the award incentive to Beta Test the kickstarter ended with a couple thousand extra bucks or so and there was easily several thousand dollars worth of pledges that were lowered. Most people that were doing the $400 tier were already pretty big donors so it wasn't like they were getting $390 extra every time they pledged up. Not to say it didn't do wonders, especially giving nice spikes in the middle of the campaign. However a lot of people stretched themselves for the Kickstarter to succeed and many more would have done the same without the beta testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts