Terminator 2 kickstarter to start in 2Q of 2013

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Glad to hear that this one’s coming, this used to be my favorite table. I especially liked the cannon in the game.

When I used to play this table, I’d move to the left, to the side and behind the cannon, so I could line up my shot. My aim was pretty good, actually. But I’m nervous about how the cannon’s gonna work here, in The Pinball Arcade.

I know it’s early yet, but here’s a feature request for Farsight: In this table, there should be a fire-the-cannon camera angle. Without it, it’ll be too hard to reliably hit the moving targets, I think.

Don’t know. Just a thought.
Hows that supposed to work on the Super Jacket when there's other balls in play?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I'm a lean over the machine top down shooter, but I've seen people get in all sorts of contorted positions shooting the cannon. For TPA, I don't think there should be much a camera change. Trapping a ball or two while going for multiple supers is really the only long term effective scoring strategy.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
t2 is a great table :)
I'm very happy with farsights choice on this next kickstarter. I assume this will be at least slightly more expensive than the last 2 kick starters being that it is such a cult classic movie. So many great tables exist, I dream of the day 5 years from now when the Pinball Arcade will have 100+ tables. I'd like to think TPA can survive strong for many years to come. holodeck support will hopefully be added in 2025, by 2030 TPA will become self aware making it's own tables and upgrading itself, once mankind has died off the machines will still live on. Pinball Arcade will forge a new mankind built on the principles of a love of pinball, highways will be like metal rails and the new mankind will travel in giant pinballs and only speak in classic lines from pinball games and when the intelligent life from far away finally finds this planet they will wonder "wtf is this madness!" It's going to be awesome!!!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm very happy with farsights choice on this next kickstarter. I assume this will be at least slightly more expensive than the last 2 kick starters being that it is such a cult classic movie. So many great tables exist, I dream of the day 5 years from now when the Pinball Arcade will have 100+ tables. I'd like to think TPA can survive strong for many years to come. holodeck support will hopefully be added in 2025, by 2030 TPA will become self aware making it's own tables and upgrading itself, once mankind has died off the machines will still live on. Pinball Arcade will forge a new mankind built on the principles of a love of pinball, highways will be like metal rails and the new mankind will travel in giant pinballs and only speak in classic lines from pinball games and when the intelligent life from far away finally finds this planet they will wonder "wtf is this madness!" It's going to be awesome!!!

And Xbox players will have 16 tables to choose from.

(Callback!)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just had a thought regarding this kickstarter. If Xbox and PC are still not available at the time of this, so just iOS, Android, and PS3, how much will that affect reaching a goal? This of course assuming that TZ and ST:TNG have landed in all the kickstarter contributor's hands, so those campaigns are complete and delivered.

What do you guys think? PC and Xbox supporters make up what %?

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I am not really excited for this table at all, especially not enough for me to even be remotely interested in supporting a Kickstarter. I have played this table a decent amount and with the very easy and non-variable play of most tables in TPA, it will get really boring really fast. I would much rather see the time for this table go into implementing a tournament system or fixing the growing list of bugs on all systems. The game should be able to survive without this table for now.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
These lame tangential jokes are getting tiresome. I should know, I posted one recently.

As for T2, FS needs to fix the bugs, issues with Xbox, and release the PC version before they go yet again into the KS well.
BTW, when is second quarter for FS?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Still, Steve Ritchie tables are always welcome. And I liked the movie.

I like you. We should be best friends.

Maybe that's why there's been the shortage of Ritchie tables up until now... because they had a few lined up that required some tricky licensing? It doesn't explain why we haven't seen something like High Speed/The Getaway or Firepower though.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Far Sight goes after tables based on the real-life tables they actually posess at the office , or intend to buy with no anticipation of having problems getting a hold of .
So why did they do Harley Davidson 3rd ED. because the bossman already had it in the offices at Big Bear and the license was not difficult to acquire .

So with Terminator 2 , they went after it , they have the licensor fees negotiated , they believe the IP has a fair chance at reaching the Kickstart goal and being made. Without the faith in a PC version and the problems plaguing the X 360 , getting this one funded will be tougher.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I never played T2 pinball.

I was really hoping for The Simpsons Pinball (either one) as the next Kickstarter.
They need a fun, animated theme with great voices.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Since the cat is out of the bag (thanks Pin Wiz), I thought I would start a thread for T2. What do you think of T2 as the next kickstarter? Is this a pin you will back? Have you played the real table? What do you think of the layout and artwork?

Here is a link to a T2 vid from YouTube to get you thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki4l0DYgw9k
Slight side note, I'd love for the sounds in PA to be what this video sounds like. Everything just sounds more mechanical. That sound of metal on metal... love it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Slight side note, I'd love for the sounds in PA to be what this video sounds like. Everything just sounds more mechanical. That sound of metal on metal... love it.

I asked Norman directly about more mechanical sounds. I said whenever I watch a YouTube video, the tables are so wondrously noisy. He said that's because the glass is usually off (as it is in that vid). Still, I dig the noise and wish they'd crank it up a little. Wonder how many other people feel the same way.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I asked Norman directly about more mechanical sounds. I said whenever I watch a YouTube video, the tables are so wondrously noisy. He said that's because the glass is usually off (as it is in that vid). Still, I dig the noise and wish they'd crank it up a little. Wonder how many other people feel the same way.

I would definitely like more mechanical sounds. Even with the glass on, you hear more of the ball clacking into things.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
T2 is a "m'eh" table for me.

I love the movie but I was never really that captivated by it.

I might support the Kickstarter simply out of guilt for enjoying TZ and STTNG without having been able to support them. But I think they could have chosen a hundred better tables

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I'll contribute just to help keep the pinball arcade project running, but I don't really feel anything for the table and I'm worried that it might not actually hit the target unless it's a little less than Twilight Zone. I'm not sure I can afford to spent as much on it as I did on Star Trek though (especially considering Pro Mode basically ships with all tables on day of release anyway)

Members online

Members online