Terminator 2 kickstarter to start in 2Q of 2013

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Put that cookie down! Arnie's a stale cookie.

If they're going to kickstart a movie and/or tv lycence. I'd be more interrested in Dr Who.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
We should kickstart a PC version. 100% serious. I could care less about any new tables before it's out for PC, I still haven't played TZ or TNG.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
We should kickstart a PC version. 100% serious. I could care less about any new tables before it's out for PC, I still haven't played TZ or TNG.

The problem is that would require Steam to set an amount for support. While they are a for-profit company and would certainly enjoy collecting that money, I seriously doubt they would go for that. Giving developers a bypass to the existing pathway opens up a can of worms that would set a precedent for others to follow and sour the relationship they have with companies that are currently or previously participated in the Greenlight process.

On the other hand, I think Steam needs to take the successful Kickstarters of the past into consideration, especially given the fact that Farsight was new to kickstarting and did not have any support from PC or Nintendo at that point. It would be wise to tout their accomplishment with that.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Wow..... I had forgotten all about this thread.

At this point I wouldn't consider kickstarting unless they add an option for the PS4 version of the table since it should be out by then. Hopefully they will add it as an option.

Also I still think athe Simpsons would be a better option for a KS table. They are more popular than they've been in years with The Simpsons Tapped out being #1 on iOS charts. Plus they better act fast before Zen Studios decides to make a new table based on them.

Speaking of which... How is Zen able to pay for the license to a huge powerhouse like Star Wars, but Farsight needs help?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
No one knows the licensing deal that Zen has with Disney for Star Wars or Marvel properties. When it comes to licensing, you can't compare one deal to another.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I think a kickstarter at the moment wouldn't do well at all, I doubt anyone with an xbox 360 would back it, and many ps3 owners were burnt by having to wait much longer than anyone else who didn't back TZ to actually get it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
1. Zen had those deals in place before Disney acquired either studio.

2. Zen can't do either of the Simpsons tables that exist. FarSight has exclusive rights to any and all Stern/Data East/Sega/Capcom/Williams/Bally table that existed.

3. If they want another kickstarter to work, they absolutely will need to be much clearer on release schedules and platforms than they were last time. The goodwill of blind support won't carry this time.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I would back it and chose the 360 version. Honestly, I probably won't be an early adopter of the next gen systems without a 2k hockey game to pull me on board or oh maybe a Shenmue 3 announcement or some wicked news from Sega. Beyond pinball, gaming is nearly dead for me.

Back on topic. I'm lucky I have other devices to tide me over, but I also understand that things are well beyond farsight's control at this time.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

2. Zen can't do either of the Simpsons tables that exist. FarSight has exclusive rights to any and all Stern/Data East/Sega/Capcom/Williams/Bally table that existed.

I could totally see Zen going after The Simpsons license though. Seeing as how the last two Simpsons tables were big hits.

I think Farsight should act on this before Zen locks up the licensing and before The Simpsons come to an end..

If they started planning a Kickstarter now they might time their release with the final episode for some added exposure.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I could totally see Zen going after The Simpsons license though. Seeing as how the last two Simpsons tables were big hits.

I think Farsight should act on this before Zen locks up the licensing and before The Simpsons come to an end..

If they started planning a Kickstarter now they might time their release with the final episode for some added exposure.

You never know if Stern may even go after another Simpsons table. The show isn't as strong but it has proven that the franchise is still strong and resonates well.
I am guessing until the PC and/or Xbox 360 situations get ironed out, we may not hear anything more about the start date of the next Kickstarter, whatever it ends up being.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013

3. If they want another kickstarter to work, they absolutely will need to be much clearer on release schedules and platforms than they were last time. The goodwill of blind support won't carry this time.

Zen doesn't do existing tables anyway. They seem to be quite proud of this fact, though I was rather unimpressed with the two Star Wars tables they did. Lots of ramps does not equal a well designed table IMO.

I still wish FarSight would consider the Doctor Who Bally table instead. I think the BBC would be more than happy to have a cool thing for the show's 50th anniversary.

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
As much I love Farsight there is no doubt that Zen are able to do things that for unknown reason Farsight cannot. Like releasing their tables on vita that looks almost if not exactly like their PS3 version. Why Farsight? Whhhyyyyyyyyyyyy!?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As much I love Farsight there is no doubt that Zen are able to do things that for unknown reason Farsight cannot. Like releasing their tables on vita that looks almost if not exactly like their PS3 version. Why Farsight? Whhhyyyyyyyyyyyy!?

My guess? They actually have someone that knows how to optimize code for the Vita. Just sayin'

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Zen doesn't do existing tables anyway. They seem to be quite proud of this fact, though I was rather unimpressed with the two Star Wars tables they did. Lots of ramps does not equal a well designed table IMO.

I wasn't taking about existing tables though.

Star Wars pinball tables existed before Zen made their tables.

If you only played 2 of the 3 Zen Pinball Star Wars tables perhaps you didn't play the best one, The Empire Strikes Back.
The Clone Wars and Boba Fett tables are decent, but the ESB table is where it's at.

They also released a new slick Star Wars front end for launching them with new features and 19 more trophies.

Anyway, there is nothing stopping Zen from makin new, original Simpsons tables if they strike a deal with Fox/Gracie.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I sure hope the whole XBOX debacle is all sorted before they attempt to go ahead with this KickStarter, otherwise i fear that they wont reach there target which has to be around the same ballpark figure as Twilight Zone. As no XBOX owner is going to back it!

Members online

Members online