Terminator 2

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Some of you don't seem to understand the economics of the game. There have been over 70 million PS3 consoles sold. Sony *hopes* to sell 4 million PS4 consoles by April. Which console will they make more money on? FarSight is not going to ignore those customers.

"Megapatch IS the PS4 version" > What I understand from this statement (and why I'm agree with):

FS didn't develop the PS4 version since scratch, it's obvious looking at the video and screenshots. They used the X360/PS3 version as basis, added some new lighting engine, and fixed all the flaws and bugs (I hope).

This work done, they will bring what the PS3 can support (physics fixes, new UI...), as a "Megapatch" (maybe). And it will be over for the PS3 version support (except new DLC, of course, or BIG gamebreaking bug).

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
"Megapatch IS the PS4 version" > What I understand from this statement (and why I'm agree with):

FS didn't develop the PS4 version since scratch, it's obvious looking at the video and screenshots. They used the X360/PS3 version as basis, added some new lighting engine, and fixed all the flaws and bugs (I hope).

This work done, they will bring what the PS3 can support (physics fixes, new UI...), as a "Megapatch" (maybe). And it will be over for the PS3 version support (except new DLC, of course, or BIG gamebreaking bug).

It will be a couple of years before the installed base of PS4 consoles matches the number of active PS3 consoles. I'm quite sure that FS will continue to support the PS3 version of TPA to the degree that they do now for several years.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
They better include the rom emulated version of Black Knight in it. What is going on with this anyway? An update would be nice

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
That MegaPatch had better include a way to "patch" DLC without officially "patching DLC" in the future. Based on Sony's product cycle history, the PS3 will be manufactured and sold for years and cutting support early to a "live" platform will give potential PS4 buyers an idea what's going to happen to their expensive library when the PS5 is on the horizon.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
They better include the rom emulated version of Black Knight in it. What is going on with this anyway? An update would be nice

Hey you should go on their Facebook page and join the other people who go there to ask for an update on some particular version several times a week. This would be even better given that they haven't even officially announced it yet. : P

Although as it happens they did just mention it in a reply:

The Pinball Arcade [...] that megapatch will come, and we're trying to do it in a way where you won't lose local data.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I kinow what happened to the endoskeleons head! The same disease Michael Jackson claimes to have had hit the Terminator and thus has turned him white also...I know it doesn't affect gameplay but that's a major overlook considering you have the pin right in front of you! Oh well...Now, from the time of the last release it will take 8 weeks until Dec. 3 hits. :(

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Hey you should go on their Facebook page and join the other people who go there to ask for an update on some particular version several times a week. This would be even better given that they haven't even officially announced it yet. : P

Although as it happens they did just mention it in a reply:

Nah. I wouldn't want to give them another thing to complain about it. It is just that we haven't heard anything about it since it was mentioned in an interview months ago. I thought they said they hoped to have it in the next few updates, so I hope they are still working about it. There is also 3-d, but personally, I couldn't care less about that.

Edit: And they did officially confirm it, if you consider an audio interview with one of the high ups official.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...bby-King?highlight=Bobby+king+audio+interview

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I kinow what happened to the endoskeleons head! The same disease Michael Jackson claimes to have had hit the Terminator and thus has turned him white also...I know it doesn't affect gameplay but that's a major overlook considering you have the pin right in front of you! Oh well...Now, from the time of the last release it will take 8 weeks until Dec. 3 hits. :(

As I speculated before in this thread. They didn't overlook the chrome endoskeleton head , they ignored it to keep the framerate optimized and to adhere to the release schedule , they will correct it in short time .

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
As I speculated before in this thread. They didn't overlook the chrome endoskeleton head , they ignored it to keep the framerate optimized and to adhere to the release schedule , they will correct it in short time .

Oh man. I wouldn't hold my breath in that.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

How will they correct it if they can't patch DLC?

With the "Mega Patch"?
The greatest trick Farsight ever pulled was convincing the world this "Mega Patch" will exist. And like that, poof. It's gone..

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Oh man. I wouldn't hold my breath in that.

Why you say that? Both previous premium tables had subtle graphical improvements over the last few patches, the "toys" in STTNG and some of the Twilight Zone playfield to name a few. It just takes time , but keep complaining so they know what to fix .

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Like spoonman said, they haven't been able to update DLC specific resources on the PS3, uh except maybe for one of the very earliest tables that needed a critical fix and is now a permanent inclusion in the patch size. Whatever it is you think changed in ST:TNG and TZ did not actually change.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Like spoonman said, they haven't been able to update DLC specific resources on the PS3, uh except maybe for one of the very earliest tables that needed a critical fix and is now a permanent inclusion in the patch size. Whatever it is you think changed in ST:TNG and TZ did not actually change.

Right. I think maybe some of the DLC tables looked a bit better with certain lighting, camera, and basic asset tweaks.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
If a problem that's existed for over 12 months hasn't been fixed yet its lamented in stone by biblical forces its not going to get fixed at all.

And this Megapatch 1.0 has been talked about for months now and that's still not come around, along with stereoscopic 3D and a decent UI. What remains is a new cash cow is coming to town and as soon as the PS4 reincarnation takes off watch the PS3 version start looking like the Vita version.

Eventually most will drop the PS3 version like a hot potato for the shinier PS4 version and the lifecycle begins again. (*Likely with the same bugs intact.)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Can we keep this topic about T2 and start a thread for general patch discussion? It seems to be one of the conversation topics that derails thread after thread.

...speaking of which, why can't we get Addam's Family again? :p

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Can we keep this topic about T2 and start a thread for general patch discussion? It seems to be one of the conversation topics that derails thread after thread.

...speaking of which, why can't we get Addam's Family again? :p

I agree...please keep this thread on topic.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
I agree...please keep this thread on topic.

Sorry PiN WiZ, I didn't notice this post until after I posted.

Back on topic, T2 is totally rad. Haven't played it in a few days now, but I'm itching to get back to it soon and try for a new high score.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Off-topic conversation between two forum members has been removed...please stay on topic.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.