Terminator 2

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
A great table but two possible improvements.

1. As others have noted the colours just seem off (Shades of pink). It actually looks more true to life on my Ipad 3 (It shouldn't). Does Farsight have pink light bulbs or something? ;)

2. Also the right flipper just feels weak. Don't notice this on any other table, just T2.

The right flipper is definitely "off" compared to, well, every other table.

Okay, I'm not crazy then. It just feels kind of soft and weak. I noticed it within the first couple games I played. Like my real table did before I fixed the drag from the flipper being slightly loose and out of alignment.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I do lean over the real table to look at the gun shots some guys step to the side for those shots but I dont slam my face to the glass for pop bumpers and roll overs.
Im just bustin yer'ballz PiN WiZ but that is info that makes FS $ do they tell you when to put those icons up? How do you get those icons for the table packs?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I like the simplicity of it. It's a very open table, I didn't see that from the screenshots. But seems like a table for quick, fun games. Unlike the last two kickstarter were for very deep tables that you need to spend a lot of time on to get good rewards. Not a criticism, just good for different play moods.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
I think it plays really well. Another awesome job by FarSight.

I totally agree, without FS we wouldn't have much to play. The people moaning about 'the pink issue' seriously need to have a word with themselfs, get a beer and just chill.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Exactly. Make those shots, work on your system and enjoy. It's been over 20 years since I played it. I'm just happy to have it.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
I totally agree, without FS we wouldn't have much to play. The people moaning about 'the pink issue' seriously need to have a word with themselfs, get a beer and just chill.

Agreed, right back at ya!

If it's not the pink thing (which could be from their TV not being properly calibrated, while they blame FarSight), then it's the menu looking too "pixelated" and too mobile phone like, or the lack of trophies for future packs (even though those who complain about it have yet to finish the others), or the main menu music being too "generic", or some other irrelevant thing that doesn't even affect the gameplay. I don't how all those folks became so petty, but yes, I agree they definitely need some time alone to do some soul searching... or something.

Pinball Arcade really is an amazing product and I for one am truly grateful to FarSight for all the work they've put into it. It's given me hours upon hours of happiness for such a small price. I know I couldn't make a game like this (or any game, don't know a damn thing about code), so I really appreciate it. So many awesome tables.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

If it's not the pink thing (which could be from their TV not being properly calibrated, while they blame FarSight), then it's the menu looking too "pixelated" and too mobile phone like, or the lack of trophies for future packs (even though those who complain about it have yet to finish the others), or the main menu music being too "generic", or some other irrelevant thing that doesn't even affect the gameplay. I don't how all those folks became so petty, but yes, I agree they definitely need some time alone to do some soul searching... or something.

Pinball Arcade really is an amazing product and I for one am truly grateful to FarSight for all the work they've put into it. It's given me hours upon hours of happiness for such a small price. I know I couldn't make a game like this (or any game, don't know a damn thing about code), so I really appreciate it. So many awesome tables.

Well some of us are not idiots and do understand how to properly calibrate their display for perfect color.
I may be an idiot for other reasons, but I know my way around technology. :p

We are all here (or should be) because we are huge fans of Farsight and Pinball Arcade.

Anyway, there is a difference between complaining/*****ing/whining/etc.. and helping Farsight realize there are problems or issues with TPA that could be resolved.
We bring this up because we are passionate about gaming and want to see Farsight stay above the competition and thrive.

Next time you play TPA and the friend sorting on the leaderboard is working perfectly, or you notice the T2 skull looks better than it did in Farsight's original pictures it may just be one of us you should be thanking.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012

I am in agreement with you for the most part, especially regarding the price. In comparison to a pack of cigarettes, TPA is brilliant value (I smoke 20 a day, and for less than a pack I can buy a table to play EVERYDAY!).

The pink issue though is a widely reported problem, we don't ALL have badly calibrated TV's. Steve Ellenoff (the emulation guy) posted on here that he wasn't happy with the pinkness of the tables (I think it was with regard to the TZ table).

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism with regards to presentation and small problems. The only time it becomes a problem is if people start demanding Farsight's collective heads on a spike due to something which has pissed them off.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
you wouldn't really notice the pink on the backglass if the one in the menu was pink or the translite that you select in the selection screen was too, but you go from looking at a perfect colord example to the one in the game and its instantly noticeable and I didnt mess with my TV color between that second.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
I just played T2 a couple hours ago. I was looking for the pink, and I really had to try hard to see it. It's there, but it's such a subtle effect that I really can't see how it's causing such a distraction. I'm too busy lining up shots and enjoying the ambiance created by the game that I don't notice (or care to notice) such minor things. Not a problem. And my TV is properly calibrated. I always calibrate all my monitors using professional tools. T2 looks great on my Panasonic Viera. I'd say it's about 5% pink, and I have nothing against pink... hee hee... ;)

I'm still in awe with the realistic ball physics too. Yes, even after over a year since release, I sometimes find myself marveling at the effect of realism on display in Pinball Arcade. It's phenomenal.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism with regards to presentation and small problems. The only time it becomes a problem is if people start demanding Farsight's collective heads on a spike due to something which has pissed them off.

I agree with you there, and spoonman, I understand that the fans do help the development team by reporting issues. It's a good thing, I know. I'm just saying that once it's been mentioned, it's done. FarSight should be given some time to handle these things. They don't need people on their asses playing the same tune over and over again. Do you honestly think they've forgotten, or will forget if not repeatedly reminded? They probably know about even more issues that we don't even notice! After all, it's their baby, and nobody knows the game better than the people most intimately involved.

Isn't there a post for bugs and other things that need fixing? A master list of sorts? Why not just keep it there instead of whining about the same thing over and over again in multiple threads? They know about the pink, they know about the trophies, they know about the ball flying off the table every once in a while, etc.. But believe it or not, there's only so much they can do, and there's a certain amount of time needed to take care of what they can. Harping on it over and over doesn't really speed up the process at all. In fact, it may even slow the process due to repeated unnecessary distractions obstructing their progress.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Isn't there a post for bugs and other things that need fixing? A master list of sorts? Why not just keep it there instead of whining about the same thing over and over again in multiple threads? ...

Unless someone is being disrespectful of FS employees or another forum member there's no reason to give people a hard time about discussing flaws in the game.

You may not have noticed it yet but often the issues included in the master list come from posts in threads like this one. So the "whining" about things that aren't working as desired serves a purpose, since it can help to eventually get them fixed, or at least let FS know what is bothering people the most.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Unless someone is being disrespectful of FS employees or another forum member there's no reason to give people a hard time about discussing flaws in the game.

You may not have noticed it yet but often the issues included in the master list come from posts in threads like this one. So the "whining" about things that aren't working as desired serves a purpose, since it can help to eventually get them fixed, or at least let FS know what is bothering people the most.

I work in a pub, and when I see a half empty glass of beer left, or a half-eaten lunch it sets alarm bells ringing. I would rather people speak up if they didn't enjoy their dinner, or if there is something wrong with the beer so I'm aware of any problems. If the customer speaks up I can issue a polite apology and do my damndest to make sure it never happens again.

If someone effs and blinds at me I go for a cigarette while muttering obsceneties about them under my breath.

I'm sure in their trade Farsight don't mind the equivelent of the first example, but hate the second example just as much as anyone who has dealings with the public.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013

Not trying to give anyone a hard time, just throwing my feelings out there. It wasn't meant to be disrespectful.

Yes, I know, but... over and over again? Really? It's not necessary. That's all I'm saying. It's akin to the kids in the back seat asking "are we there yet?" every 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure FarSight only has time to look at the master list anyway...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
TPA on PS3 is in dire need of the now infamous "Megapatch" to address a myriad of issues, some of which have been noted for what seems like years now. My frustration level has already surpassed the borderline. I've nearly given up pointing out anything that I notice because apparently the PS3 versions of these tables aren't allowed to be fixed due to some issue with Sony. Ridiculous.

I just hope the "Megapatch" does come out soon, before the PS4 hype and attention causes Farsight to decide to toss the PS3 into the graveyard of importance...where there is no hope of a fix...

My guess is that the mega patch IS the PS4 version.

It's being released in less than a month and a half.
I just don't see them spending time to making past PS3 tables look and play very better. In a way it will work better for them to have a bigger contrast in quality between the PS3 and PS4.

It would be nice to see how much better they could improve the PS3 tables along with ight/day slider and 3D.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Some of you don't seem to understand the economics of the game. There have been over 70 million PS3 consoles sold. Sony *hopes* to sell 4 million PS4 consoles by April. Which console will they make more money on? FarSight is not going to ignore those customers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.