The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
I think it will be hard. 3,200 backers which is more than any of their other KS will need to pay $30 on average. If 5,000 people pay $15 each that's only $75,000. I'm just saying due to the limited options offered it will require a lot of pledges.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
It might not be possible but I want to believe.

I have a feeling we'll make more than $10k in the first 24 hours alone, before it starts to trail off a lot.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
It might not be possible but I want to believe.

I have a feeling we'll make more than $10k in the first 24 hours alone, before it starts to trail off a lot.

Pro Pinball reached $174,000 in its first (failed) Kickstarter. So it's possible. We just need MAJOR publicity.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
You guys are crazy. It's going to hit it very very easily. I'll eat my hat if it isn't funded before the halfway mark.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
They said they are expecting a release date of November, not Q1 2015 like Bobby King said.

Also, the $50 tier with the special physics adjusting pinballs seems interesting. I wonder how much it will increase the difficulty by?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
100 bucks for the gold version, eh? And according to Bobby King, the gold versions may never get sold individually. So, I gotta ask, other than the trim, what's the difference (rules wise) between Addams Family and Addams Family Gold?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They said they are expecting a release date of November, not Q1 2015 like Bobby King said.

Also, the $50 tier with the special physics adjusting pinballs seems interesting. I wonder how much it will increase the difficulty by?

From what Bobby said, I gather the ball weight will be adjustable. Which will make the table play faster or slower.

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
I'm gonna keep my eye on this, and before time is up, I will help with what I can. I'm just barely out of being in debt at the moment, but I will have climbed out of it at the beginning of October.

Its not so much that I care about playing this table, as I recognize that it is so highly demanded by this community. If this is one of the hardest licensees to get, well then it is a challenge worth overcoming. Because sooner or later, we want all the tables, right? ;)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
100 bucks for the gold version, eh? And according to Bobby King, the gold versions may never get sold individually. So, I gotta ask, other than the trim, what's the difference (rules wise) between Addams Family and Addams Family Gold?

Heres a article about the differences.

http://www.flippers.be/pinball/bally/addamsfamilygold/addams_family_gold.html

And wikipedia has the Rom differences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family_(pinball)#Special_Collector.27s_Edition

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
One thing to note is that the Collector's Edition machines have higher scoring than the standard ones. I assuming the players with the CE table would be forced to use the standard ROM during tournaments to keep it fair for everyone...?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Zen Studios has shared the Kickstarter on their Facebook page. Kudos to them for doing that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.