The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, but after the first two days it will slow down a lot. Will be difficult.

For the statistic friends, this will be interesting:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-addams-family/

Compared with T2 the start is already great:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-terminator-2-judgment-day/#chart-daily

This had 204 backers on day 1 with $4,618. TAF already has 238 backers with $6,904 after less than 2 hours.

Twight zone had over 11k in the first 24 hours followed by a doubling of that take in the next 48 hours.
That will be a good benchmark. The only bad thing is it seems to be lower pledges on average. I am guessing there will be additional reward tiers as well so that should raise some of the current backers.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The $100 level has the SCE Gold edition, but it's not mentioned whether or not this version has a Pro mode as well. At this price I would expect it to have this included, but it's not stated.

For me $100 is too much for the SCE. I don't think I want to spend that much money.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, haven't heard too much talk about this yet. Here everyone thought Raul Julia would be the hard license to obtain. The loss of Lloyd is pretty significant because he's prominent on the actual playfield. I'm wondering if it's a money issue? Maybe if the Kickstarter earns enough they could source the license. I'm not concerned about the Workman license.

Where is he on the playfield?

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Where is he on the playfield?

Front and center

BewlA6m.jpg

It's very prominent which is a bit concerning.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
The $100 level has the SCE Gold edition, but it's not mentioned whether or not this version has a Pro mode as well. At this price I would expect it to have this included, but it's not stated.

For me $100 is too much for the SCE. I don't think I want to spend that much money.

It should have been around the $50 mark

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
How ironic would it be if it didnt hit its target.....what with everyone on facebook constantly *****ing about FS getting the right to it and it being easily the most requested table ever. With that in mind it 'should' hit its target

You mean like everyone around here doing the same exact thing? lol

Stop with the anti FB stuff, it's beyond tiring.

I too would like to know if the images of Pugsly and Fester will be altered on the table, as well as their voices? I certainly hope not. If its just on the back box, than I honestly couldn't care less.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
It should have been around the $50 mark

Agreed. In the end the question is: Will there be enough $100 pledges or would they get more than approx. 2.5 times as many people spending $50 to get the same money. We shall see.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012

I too would like to know if the images of Pugsly and Fester will be altered on the table, as well as their voices? I certainly hope not. If its just on the back box, than I honestly couldn't care less.

The playfield art is so stylized I'd be really shocked if they had to alter any of that stuff.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013

Yeah hope we don't even notice the difference unless you had a microscope lol

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
The playfield art is so stylized I'd be really shocked if they had to alter any of that stuff.

FarSight already stated in the Kickstarter comments section that every likeness of Lloyd has to be altered so guaranteed the playfield has to be changed. I would be ok with a Jackie Coogan likeness.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

Well in the kickstarter video he only seemed to mention the backglass art needing changing nothing about the playfield? and i dont think theres any voice talent from Chris Lloyd or pugsley

I mean how different can you make a cartoon-ish fat bald headed guy look??, theres not many features to play around with really...its such a simplistic bit of art

Christopher Lloyd seems like an easy going sort of chap from the interviews ive seen him in, and heck he did the Back To The Future Cartoon

PS. I wonder how hard it was to get the rights for the guy who played Thing :p

Last edited:
R

Rhandos

Interesting quote from Farsight in the Kickstarter comments regarding the Gold Edition
FarSight said:
ohhh! Yes we will be unlocking gold versions for anyone over $100, but if you request it, we can give you a regular version.
So $100+ backers don't get both the TAF and TAFG table, only the latter by default.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
Pledged at the $100 level, although I think the regular table aesthetically looks better. So am I right in thinking that at the $100 level, you get 1 regular table, 4 pro tables, and 1 gold one? That is how I'm reading the tiers, since $100 includes everything previous.

I would also like to see how they intend to change the playfield and back box art.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Interesting quote from Farsight in the Kickstarter comments regarding the Gold Edition

So $100+ backers don't get both the TAF and TAFG table, only the latter by default.

For that kind of money I would expect both editions

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012

I guess FarSight figure that most folk pledging at that level would only want the TAFG version, but they're saying that if you want both, they'll provide you with both.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I guess FarSight figure that most folk pledging at that level would only want the TAFG version, but they're saying that if you want both, they'll provide you with both.
The Gold players are going to need access to the regular ROM for tournaments. The extra features on the Gold version increase the scoring relative to a standard Addams Family.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Shame about the Christopher Lloyd license.
So they will do minor changes than.Correct.Hopefully it won't be too obvious

Seems like I can definitively bury my wish of having a Back To The Future pinball release...
Grrr.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013

From what I understand from the Comment on the Kickstarter page, you can choose to have the standard edition instead of the SCE, not both.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts