The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Damn, so they couldnt get Christopher Lloyd and Jimmy Workman to sign up then. Is Fester and Pugsley featured on the actual table are at all or just the back box?? I wonder how radically they'll have to change the way they look?

Regarding the Gold edition, i always found that the standard version seem to have a better flow than the Gold Rom, with that there was too much stopping and starting

How ironic would it be if it didnt hit its target.....what with everyone on facebook constantly *****ing about FS getting the right to it and it being easily the most requested table ever. With that in mind it 'should' hit its target

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Tossed $100 at it. I don't back kickstarters that often, but TPA has been a joy to me the last few years and I've spent so dang many hours on it I figured it's worth it to get the most legendary table of all in.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
"Estimated delivery Feb 2015" says a lot about scheduling. Have at it over in the speculation forum.

This bit is intriguing:

Kickstarter said:
The Addams Family® virtual pinball collection. These special balls WILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO ALTER THE PHYSICS of the game and can be used on any of the tables in the Pinball Arcade!!! These balls will be spooky cool!

I want to try that out and see how it works, but $50 for the novelty is rather steep.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
they were not kidding when they said it would be a very expensive license
Interesting Rewards
Wish the gold edition was a bit cheaper thought

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
With this being 100k
Imagine what a Disney table like Indiana Jones would be

Mind Boggling!

Anyways it's already up to 5k
In the first hour and a bit
Good Work

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
they were not kidding when they said it would be a very expensive license
Interesting Rewards
Wish the gold edition was a bit cheaper thought

Yea. I feel the same way but I sure it's there to drive those hundred dollar pledges. Still, at $50.00, I would be in. No question. At $100, gotta think about it.

R

Rhandos

Aww, $100 for the Gold edition is harsh. Think I'll have to stay with two Pro versions. I hope they decide to release the gold rom later as IAP.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
In one hour they've already raised 5700 plus and word hasn't even gotten out yet. Good opening and hopefully this should get them attention on the kickstarter main page as well if it keeps this kind of pace for a while.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
One thing to note is that the Collector's Edition machines have higher scoring than the standard ones. I assuming the players with the CE table would be forced to use the standard ROM during tournaments to keep it fair for everyone...?

Aren't they supposed to be 2 separate tables? I figure in a tournament environment it would be an either or situation. The pledge says "everything above... and the Addams family gold edition" Which I took to mean we would receive the Original table in addition to the gold edition.

I backed at 100 really hope it makes it.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
In one hour they've already raised 5700 plus and word hasn't even gotten out yet. Good opening and hopefully this should get them attention on the kickstarter main page as well if it keeps this kind of pace for a while.
At this pace we should reach the target easily

Could reach 20k by the end of day one :)

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
They need to really highlight the CE edition more at that $100 tier. That looks to be the only place its mentioned and a second "new" table offer is pretty huge. And if its an exclusive that needs to be mentioned too. There's nothing like exclusivity to get people to pluck down money.

The description for it also needs to mention the additional callous and rule changes. People pluck down the extra for the pro version of Scared Stiff due to the additional callous. Pretty important detail to mention. The new colored plastics and other color changes are the least interesting thing.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Shame about the Christopher Lloyd license.
So they will do minor changes than.Correct.Hopefully it won't be too obvious

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
At this pace we should reach the target easily

Could reach 20k by the end of day one :)

Yeah, but after the first two days it will slow down a lot. Will be difficult.

For the statistic friends, this will be interesting:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-addams-family/

Compared with T2 the start is already great:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-terminator-2-judgment-day/#chart-daily

This had 204 backers on day 1 with $4,618. TAF already has 238 backers with $6,904 after less than 2 hours.

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
Damn, so they couldnt get Christopher Lloyd and Jimmy Workman to sign up then. Is Fester and Pugsley featured on the actual table are at all or just the back box?? I wonder how radically they'll have to change the way they look?

Regarding the Gold edition, i always found that the standard version seem to have a better flow than the Gold Rom, with that there was too much stopping and starting

How ironic would it be if it didnt hit its target.....what with everyone on facebook constantly *****ing about FS getting the right to it and it being easily the most requested table ever. With that in mind it 'should' hit its target

Yeah, haven't heard too much talk about this yet. Here everyone thought Raul Julia would be the hard license to obtain. The loss of Lloyd is pretty significant because he's prominent on the actual playfield. I'm wondering if it's a money issue? Maybe if the Kickstarter earns enough they could source the license. I'm not concerned about the Workman license.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts