The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Does anyone know if the Gold edition will be available for separate purchase once it's released? I can't pledge $100 now, but may be able to pay more than a normal table's price once it releases.

FarSight is looking at possibly releasing TAFG at a premium price to the general public after an undisclosed period of time.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
FarSight is looking at possibly releasing TAFG at a premium price to the general public after an undisclosed period of time.

Possibly? It would be irrational not to do that. I'll lay you 10:1 that they do so by end of Q1 2015 and that the "premium price" is less than $100. Kickstarter began as a way for fans to help creators they like get projects off the ground by giving their generous support to a labor of love. At some point along the way people started looking to it for deals and exclusives and whining about reward delivery and loss of exclusivity. Nobody should have any expectation that pledging $100 now will forever be the only way to add TAFG to their TPA collection. Pledge the $100 because you want to see the table produced at all.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

It would be very stupid, business wise, not to.

I say wait at least a full season, to let the Gold Club backers enjoy their exclusivity, they've earned it.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It would be very stupid, business wise, not to.

I say wait at least a full season, to let the Gold Club backers enjoy their exclusivity, they've earned it.

And if FS decides to do that, be up front about it in the Kickstarter. Minimizes backlashes, if any. None of this hemming and hawing.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
It's a logical thing anyway.
Let the gold be available only to those Who pledged is stupid.
Why?
What about someone who doesn't know of TPA?
I heard about it at the end of season 2. And I'm sure there are people who don't know about the game.
If they find about it in two months it would mean that they will never be able to get the gold edition?
You see my point?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
for the people that put up the money to get the gold edition good onya.for people like me who put up less money should cop it sweet and get the normal edition,and then after maybe 1 year people like me can pay a premium price for the gold edition.:cool:

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Yep, maybe they should the gold edition exclusive to the ones who pledged until the season is over.
And make it available for others for a small price in the next season.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Possibly? It would be irrational not to do that. I'll lay you 10:1 that they do so by end of Q1 2015 and that the "premium price" is less than $100. Kickstarter began as a way for fans to help creators they like get projects off the ground by giving their generous support to a labor of love. At some point along the way people started looking to it for deals and exclusives and whining about reward delivery and loss of exclusivity. Nobody should have any expectation that pledging $100 now will forever be the only way to add TAFG to their TPA collection. Pledge the $100 because you want to see the table produced at all.

If they do release it stand-alone, it will be priced a long way away from $100. Keep in mind after the KS it's not a funding reward, but getting what you pay for. Completely different context. I think pricing it as more than 2x a Pro table would be unreasonable, especially when it's a slight colour change and ROM difference.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
It's a logical thing anyway.
Let the gold be available only to those Who pledged is stupid.
Why?
What about someone who doesn't know of TPA?
I heard about it at the end of season 2. And I'm sure there are people who don't know about the game.
If they find about it in two months it would mean that they will never be able to get the gold edition?
You see my point?

+1.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Been following this thread with great interest. Glad to see its going well. Look forward to finally playing this table in digital form. :D

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
--------------
+1 times 10. I mean it's only logical that anyone & everyone can do so. Not the ones who only pitch in big $. ;)

So +10 then.

It's incentive for people to donate more. I think it's a smart move. I also feel like it'll be available for everyone eventually for a premium price.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Still waiting for stretch goals. Maybe Friday.

Right there with you. I would love to see some new tiers added that correspond to the stretch goals that encourage others to raise their donation. Some intermediate levels between the triple digit ones could encourage some pledge boosts. Most backers fall in the $100 category. They won't go up to $250 but maybe they could have a reason to go to 150 or even 200!

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Hope the Kickstarter is not left to the last day.
Take away the first 3 days and we would be struggling

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts