The Addams Family - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
From the podcast it sounds like it covers more than just the Addams license. Initially was thinking the 80-90k range. But I'll keep to that range and also guess 85k.

Any higher than 90k then it better have some kick ass high end tier rewards.

Adding this for general reference on past Kickstarters:

Twilight Zone: 55k goal. 77.5k pledge
Star Trek: 45k goal. 52k pledge
T2: 59k goal. 62k pledge

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013

I think it has to be a lot higher than that. T2 had the highest goal of 59k and they've mentioned several times this Kickstarter would be expensive. An additonal 7k isn't a huge difference. And Twilight Zone reached 77k by the end. But would be a no brainer if it is 66k. :D

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think it has to be a lot higher than that. T2 had the highest goal of 59k and they've mentioned several times this Kickstarter would be expensive. An additonal 7k isn't a huge difference. And Twilight Zone reached 77k by the end. But would be a no brainer if it is 66k. :D

Again, I was just guessing. I think 75k, the more I think about it, is probably a lot more accurate. lol

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
That's a lot of money any way you look at it. Either way, I will be paying 7.99 for it, or whatever the price is for the pro, and be just peachy :D

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I don't think it'd be that expensive. I'd have thought the problem was getting the permission for the likenesses, not the cost of the license itself. Really, could the license for a TAF movie remake really be worth that much?

Probably yes. But I'm going to lowball it and guess it'll be around $50k. Bet I'm wrong by a long shot, though.

Fake edit: Crawley posted earlier that it might not just cover the TAF license. If that's the case, they should shoot for $100k and drop some massive licenses in with it. Thinking The Shadow as well? Might as well get a lesser-known (to the general public) but popular (amongst) pinheads table. Maybe even Doctor Who or TFTC? No idea how they'd get lumped together, or if they'd just use the total pool to cover everything.

We can dream!

(PS. Farsight, chuck Rollergames in there as well! Cheers.)

Edit: Both TAF and Indiana Jones licenses belong to the same company... Paramount. Food for thought ;)

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
That is how I heard it too, but Sony does own Columbia Pictures, if I am not wrong. Coincidence???

Just wanted to clean up a bit of mess I left behind in one of my earlier posts. The Addams Family is actually Paramount and not Columbia Pictures. My apologies for the confusion.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
It's still mind boggling that THIS KICKSTARTER IS HAPPENING. Talk about true passion for movies and video games. I milestone in gaming. Nostalgia at it's finest.

Get your checkbooks ready my friends. Have a great month everyone eyes peeled to kickraq, and enjoy the great news to come.

Thank you Farsight, as always.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Edit: Both TAF and Indiana Jones licenses belong to the same company... Paramount. Food for thought ;)

Unfortunately, Disney owns the rights to Indiana Jones due to their buying Lucasfilm. But Paramount does own Star Trek and Congo...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Very interested to see if a table like Congo makes an appearance as a stretch goal. Could be a very interesting kickstarter.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Just wanted to clean up a bit of mess I left behind in one of my earlier posts. The Addams Family is actually Paramount and not Columbia Pictures. My apologies for the confusion.

Well there goes the Ghostbusters original table idea. Dang.

But opens up for some existing table franchises like Star Trek (a few pins here), King Kong (rare table), Popeye, Congo (yay), South Park (PAD), Shrek, Transformers (yay), Iron Man, TMNT.

They also had the Indy films but of course that's now at Disney.

So some good franchises here if they come with the deal. Would love the latest Star Trek, Congo, and Transformer tables. Nothing from the Paramount lineup stands out to me as a great original table theme. Airplane! might be a fun one but too old to appeal to a large group. G.I Joe is a fairly big franchise but don't get the sense people are clamoring for a pinball table with that theme. Dunno what the original could be based on looking at the list of films.

Here's a list of Paramount films: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Paramount_Pictures_films

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
If they go seriously over the top with the KS they could do something crazy like...,release a dual pack! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.