Request The Addams Family (videos)

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
Newsletter #30

We still have some work to do before we can launch the Kickstarter, but we wanted to whet your appetite a bit! Campaign time is drawing very near!

addams_at_office.jpg

So... it looks like we will FOR SURE be getting the "Special Collector's Edition". But since the play-field is the same, it's still possible they could release both ROMs, but my new guess is Gold Edition only.

But since some folks here have played both and prefer the non-Gold version, I wonder if there is a good feedback system to let FarSight know?

Anyone at FarSight reading this?
If so, I would propose you make the Standard Edition part of the season packs, and make the Special Collector's Edition (Gold ROM) a Kickstarter reward, and also possibly available for purchase as an upgrade in the app (not part of the seasons or pro packs).

That would give an incentive to contribute to the Kickstarter even if for people that buy all the seasons. It would also provide a little extra revenue in the app for TAF fans that were not part of the Kickstarter and want to have everything TAF.

Last edited:

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Newsletter #30

So... it looks like we will FOR SURE be getting the "Special Collector's Edition". But since the play-field is the same, it's still possible they could release both ROMs, but my new guess is Gold Edition only.

But since some folks here have played both and prefer the non-Gold version, I wonder if there is a good feedback system to let FarSight know?

Anyone at FarSight reading this?
If so, I would propose you make the Standard Edition part of the season packs, and make the Special Collector's Edition (Gold ROM) a Kickstarter reward, and also possibly available for purchase as an upgrade in the app (not part of the seasons or pro packs).

That would give an incentive to contribute to the Kickstarter even if for people that buy all the seasons. It would also provide a little extra revenue in the app for TAF fans that were not part of the Kickstarter and want to have everything TAF.

If they do that I hope they let you choose between the 2 if you own both, Different call outs and i think the rules are a bit different. Would make that table a great value.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
Woohoo: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-addams-family/

40K of 100K in 3 days. This should be easy. I haven't even contributed yet. I am trying to clarify some things with Farsight with the $100 tier as their wording confuses me:

Welcome to the GOLD club!!! Everything above PLUS your name listed as a GOLD backer in the game credits AND The Addams Family® Special Collectors Gold Edition. This edition has gold accents, such as the metal ramps, gold legs and bolts, gold lettering, the vault plastic, the bumper caps and Thing's box.
So they mention everything except the additional rules. I couldn't care less about the gold accents, but I really want the chance to play the GE ROMs. But as discussed above, many if not most prefer the non-GE ROMs as the new rules are not all that great and possibly unbalance the game a bit.

Considering the version they have in their shop is the Gold Edition, it's possible that is the only ROMs they have access to. So maybe they are planning for both versions of the table to use GE ROMs which could suck if people don't like them. On the other hand, I know they can get the ROMs without owning the table, they are easy to find on the net.

Anyway, I'm such a fan, I'm totally willing to spend $100 if that will give me access to both the regular game and the GE game. But if both use the same ROMs and the only difference is the gold accents, I'll go for a cheaper pledge level. Hopefully someone technical enough will read my questions and be able to answer better.

For the record, here was my first attempt, and how they responded:

Me said:
I have several questions pertaining to the $100 "Gold" pledge:

1. Will the Collector's Gold Edition also feature the updated ROMs that were made for this version?

2. If so, will the user be able to choose between ROMs (some folks prefer the non-gold edition)?

3. Will the Gold Edition be exclusive to Kickstarter, or will it also be available for purchase within the game?

4. If so, would the Gold Edition be a separate purchase from the season packs or would it be included?

Their Response:
Farsight said:
1. The gold edition is a reward for backers of $100 or more

2. You would need to get the regular version, as you'd be given the gold version for your contribution

3. At this time we have no plans to offer it outside of kickstarter, but that could change.

4. See answer three.

So they totally missed the meaning of question #1, and their answer for #2 doesn't even make sense since you get "Everything above PLUS..." which obviously would include the non-GE version too. At least their answer seems to indicate it's possible to have both versions which is really all I was asking.

My response to that (no reply yet, just sent it):
Me said:
Thank you for answering my questions, however I don't think my first question was understood properly. The description of the $100 pledge says "This edition has gold accents, such as the metal ramps, gold legs and bolts, gold lettering, the vault plastic, the bumper caps and Thing's box." It does not mention that the gold edition has different gameplay too (i.e. updated ROMs). They added some rules to the game with the collector's edition. So my first question was if the Gold Edition will also feature the additional rules, and my second question was if the non-gold edition rules will also be available (as in the version that comes with the lower pledge values). I ask because I would like to be able to play both versions. If all we get for $100 is a different appearance of the table, that is not as desirable to me.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd prefer to have the gold roms. I want the extra audio.
The standard roms are better for tournaments, but I'm not PAPA.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
Good news... for $100 on the Kickstarter, you get both... confirmed!

Here is their response to my last question:

FarSight Studios said:
Yes, the gold version will use the gold rom. You won't be able to buy the gold version in the game on release or possibly ever, but the regular version for sale will use the normal rom, if you have both (which will be possible) then you'll be able to switch between roms.

So they just got my $100 (assuming it's funded)!!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hey that's good to hear. It will be cool to have both sets of roms. Although they would have gotten my $100 no matter what.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I wish they would offer a season 4 pass as one of the reward tiers
A lot of people would be interested including me

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
What is different in the audio on the gold roms?
Can you have both tables on one app the gold and regular or is it just the gold version can switch roms if you so choose?

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Here is a link to some of the differences between the regular and gold editions. Scroll down to Edition Difference. I couldn't find anything specific on the callout and animation differences. But I do know the gold edition has more. I've played regular edition TAF with gold roms but can't remember it well enough to give you detailed specifics.

http://www.pinball.org/rules/addamsfamilygold.html

Edit:
Here is a link to the quotes on the gold rom.
http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/tafgquotes.html

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Me too Kolchak I'am getting murdered but I really love this new table on IOS tonight.
194M local on my iPad 3 so far. I have not experienced "Coffin Multiball" no lights have lit on either side of coffin yet and on first ball is the table suppose to plunge for you? Kinda odd.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Me too Kolchak I'am getting murdered but I really love this new table on IOS tonight.
194M local on my iPad 3 so far. I have not experienced "Coffin Multiball" no lights have lit on either side of coffin yet and on first ball is the table suppose to plunge for you? Kinda odd.

That auto plunge error should be fixed in the next update.

Members online

Members online