Request The Addams Family (videos)

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
I don't think it get's more crystal than this.

People worry too much. Addams is getting made. But we do need to insure T2 is successful. Start hitting up the youtube channels and get the promotion out like we did for Twilight Zone and Star Trek. I have.
I would hope that regardless if T2 gets funded that they would still do a Kickstarter for TAF. It's a waaaay more popular table, so it would be silly not to try. After contributing to TZ and ST:TNG, I think people are starting to get tired of Kickstarters... I contributed to T2, but not as much money as the other two... but I think a lot of folks are holding back specifically because they want to put money into TAF.

Farsight is probably aware of this which is why they put T2 first with a teaser about TAF. If they did them in the other order T2 would have even less chance. I do want both tables, but I want TAF really really bad which makes T2 kind of meh by comparison.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
The latest T2 Kickstarter post is full of good news:

While we've hit our T2 goal, thanks to the overwhelming support of the pinball community, there's still time for those of you who have not pledged to get in on some great rewards while at the same time, help us to begin funding our future Kickstarter project, which we're hopeful will be The Addams Family. We are aggressively working to secure all the licenses needed to bring this widely popular table to The Pinball Arcade and with your continued support, we're optimistic that we will be able to add this holy grail of pinball to The Pinball Arcade in the near future!

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
I'm all in for TAF as probably most every pin fan. Anyone think it might be better to ensure the PC version and XBox folks are settled before they proceed with this one? Want to ensure "all hands on deck" before they press with this license.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm all in for TAF as probably most every pin fan. Anyone think it might be better to ensure the PC version and XBox folks are settled before they proceed with this one? Want to ensure "all hands on deck" before they press with this license.

Could not agree more. Sounds like the PC beta will be starting soon and hopefully the 360 situation gets cleared up before they tackle another big license like Addams Family.

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
The sad thing is even if/when you do, it will most likely be in poor condition and not nearly the experience it would be if everything was working well.

Old post I know, but I'm quoting it for truth. I'm currently on vacation at my family's cottage and in the town there's a 40-year-old arcade. They've had Addams since 1991 and while the owner generally keeps it in pretty good shape, today it was shot. Little to no action remained in most of the flippers (especially lower right, which is obviously crucial), lots of lights were out, the Swamp kickout was constantly malfunctioning, Thing looked like he had been set on fire and I could swear the whole table was leaning to the right. Even the Bear Kick ramp was catching balls occasionally.

The only shots I could make with any consistency were the skill shot and the million plus after it. Greed knocks were do-able, but The Vault was practically off-limits once the bookcase opened.

It was a sad day for me, as that's one of the real highlights of my cottage trips. Thankfully, Bust A Move was sitting right next to Addams. That game never lets me down.

Last edited:

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
So sad.

On a brighter note... I really think it's going to happen now... they hinted at it twice in the last Kickstarter and I don't think they'd do that if it isn't going to happen. :D :D :D

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
So, I don't know if this is a hint or not... but the "Newsletter 23" I got in my inbox last week had an image of the Addams Family backglass in it (right below the "Day Five" coverage from their "Twelve Days of Christmas" coverage from Facebook. Under that they had links to some articles about the game including this one: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/18/gaming-made-me-pinball/ which features the same image.

So it could be just borrowing the same image as the article (which only mentions Addams Family in a context not associated with Pinball Arcade)... but I still find it really interesting that is the image they chose to put above five links. Hmmmmmmmm.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Yes pinball arcade would not be the same if it didn't have the addams family in its collection.Still hoping we get it this season.That would make season 3 stand out

N

netizen

So, I don't know if this is a hint or not... but the "Newsletter 23" I got in my inbox last week had an image of the Addams Family backglass in it (right below the "Day Five" coverage from their "Twelve Days of Christmas" coverage from Facebook. Under that they had links to some articles about the game including this one: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/18/gaming-made-me-pinball/ which features the same image.

So it could be just borrowing the same image as the article (which only mentions Addams Family in a context not associated with Pinball Arcade)... but I still find it really interesting that is the image they chose to put above five links. Hmmmmmmmm.

It's not a hint, it's an linked image that is part of the story. That sort of conspiratorial thinking is the same sort that was all over FB when the picture was a part of the link to the story originally.

If you're unhappy about this and want to find someone to "blame" go to Rock, Paper, Shotgun as they are the group who used the image and then subsequently made it as the headline pic wherever the story was linked.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's not a hint, it's an linked image that is part of the story. That sort of conspiratorial thinking is the same sort that was all over FB when the picture was a part of the link to the story originally.

If you're unhappy about this and want to find someone to "blame" go to Rock, Paper, Shotgun as they are the group who used the image and then subsequently made it as the headline pic wherever the story was linked.

Farsight actually uploaded the photo to their page, though. It was in their images folder. And they chose to use it in the newsletter, didn't have to use the image there.

I don't think there is much news here, mind you. We already know Farsight is pursuing it with all they have. Nothing's changed there.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
netizen,
Chill out dude.

Espy,
Good points. My thinking exactly. If they wanted us to stop thinking about TAF, they would not embed an image of it in an email (which in my opinion is most certainly intentional, it's not like an automatic image grab like Facebook does when you post a link to an article). But since they don't have any "good" news to report yet, they just subtly remind us that it's still a possibility.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Look. TAF is the best selling pinball of all time. Of course Farsight wants it.

ANd I'll be very happy to have it... if they do it right.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Played The Addams Family at a small hole-in-the-wall type pizza joint over the weekend. Was surprised they even had it.

Good times. How I'd missed playing that machine. :)

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I played this one alot way back. And a pub in my city has this one, and i played a few games again. And got to say... Its still a fantastic pin.

Its my number 2, and its there to stay. So much fun.

(Lotr #1)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

Unit3D Pinball is rather impressive, shame FS engine cant produce such lighting effects :(

Difference between Unity and TPA: I can play TPA on my Laptop at 60 fps. Unity I actually count seconds per frame instead. Of course it's nice and of course FS can recreate it but it would come at the cost of many oftheir customers not being able to run it.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!1111

Newsletter #29

addams.jpg

If you are thinking... "Don't tease us any more with the Addams Family™ back glass!" Guess what? We aren't. We've agreed upon terms with all of the major licenses and clearances we need to FINALLY do a Kickstarter to recreate the highly anticipated ADDAMS FAMILY™ pinball table!!! We have been working on this for a long time, and it's finally becoming a reality! We expect to launch the Kickstarter this summer, so get ready fans! We will need your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.