Request The Addams Family (videos)

Jan 6, 2013
My brother-in-law also worked at a pizza place that had Addams Family and I played it quite a lot as well.
Yes time has been flying by...I had a chance to buy it from the owner for nothing ..but i was like ahh this will always be around somewhere and at the time you would have believe that ...I wish now i would have taking him up on the offer he only wanted a few hundred dollars he was closing the shop and moving and was kinda in a hurry i kick my self just thinking about he was giving it away and i let it go.It just feels like yesterday and tables were everywhere .I am very grateful for F.s. for bringing the tables back.This is a fun table and if you have not played you will love it..and i am sure it will bring on and open the doors for new fans as well.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm going to celebrate by going to a mini golf place near me that has a beat up Addams Family. I'll play a few games tonight and I won't even complain about all the mansion wear and worn out rubber. Gonna be great having this as part of TPA.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This is one thing that might encourage me to kick in, if they can keep it to those who back it on KS and not make it available to every tom, dick, and Jane.

I don't like it when they offer exclusives like this. The purpose of a KS is for fans to help fund something that will go on general sale. When they start giving it exclusively to backers then it feels like a big glorified pre-order system.

Of course, stuff like keyrings and t-shirts I'm alright with. But when it comes to the actual product they are funding (or a variation of it), it should go on general sale.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Whatever happened to the days of companies taking risks? Surely with TAF being a sure-fire hit, couldn't they stump up the money for the licences themselves?

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Whatever happened to the days of companies taking risks? Surely with TAF being a sure-fire hit, couldn't they stump up the money for the licences themselves?

I hear ya but i imagine the customer base of pinball games doesn't change too much and after being on the market for so long TPA can guesstimate how many tables TAF will sell down the road.And if after paying the licensing fee they can't turn a profit or even take a loss then it obviously doesn't make sense for them.Then again maybe they really don't need kickstarter, who knows for sure but TPA.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
With purchases being made in season packs now, simply offering the game on Kickstarter alone probably won't motivate too many people (other than those that just want to donate). On the other hand, offering something exclusive to Kickstarter doesn't make sense either because I'm sure it would be a lot of effort to offer both regular and Gold Edition, so limiting GE to Kickstarter-only would not be viable.

Here is what I think would work really well:

Make the "Standard Edition" part of the season packs. But make the "Gold Edition" both a Kickstarter reward and available in-app for a premium. That would make me feel good about the reward since it's something on top of what I'm already getting with the season packs. But it would also make the effort of producing two versions of the table viable to FarSight since they'll get a few extra sales in-app for GE.

On a side-note, I just read the rule differences on the GE, and it makes me really wanna try it. Since most of those went to private collections, there are probably very few people that have had the opportunity to play that version, so how awesome would it be to have it available on TPA. But of course all my fond memories of this table are from the SE, so I'd like to have it too for nostalgia. So here is hoping they do have both versions available. The more I think about it, the more I think it'd be silly not to have both versions out since they'll likely double-up on the sales from the true TAF fans (of which there are a lot).

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
honestly the rule differences are not an improvement, and unbalance the game with more randomness. the random cousin it rewards and the random extra room which may be a repeat... and the random super seance, which is worth 15 extra million...

it does have more quotes though.

Last edited:

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
honestly the rule differences are not an improvement, and unbalance the game with more randomness. the random cousin it rewards and the random extra room which may be a repeat... and the random super seance, which is worth 15 extra million...

it does have more quotes though.
I can see your point, but since I've never played it before, I still want to experience it if possible.

Does TAF have quotes lifted directly from the movie or newly-recorded audio?
I don't have any specific information, but just using logic, I'd say it's some of both. I doubt the lines "Hit the Jackpot" or "Quick Multiball" are in the movie, but then they probably did lift "Keep the ball, I have a whole bucket full" and the like right from the movie audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BVDmw8iyag
Very nice. I enjoyed the whole thing. I still don't think any other table tops the multiball buildup, and it's hard to capture that on video, but this one does pretty good. The one I put in post #1 is also pretty good with the lights/sound. Most videos are in too bright of a room and have too poor of a microphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.