The On-Going "What has FarSight said about ___ table?" List Thread

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It *was* FarSight who originally said they didn't think BSD would require a Kickstarter though, wasn't it?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It *was* FarSight who originally said they didn't think BSD would require a Kickstarter though, wasn't it?

I don't think farsight has ever commented on any specific tables not needing a kick start. They typically only say that table x will be really expensive to licenses. I may be wrong but I always thought the placement of licensed tables in the polls was just wild speculation by pin wiz.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Now they said dr. Who will be impossible. They also mentioned Flash Gordon is not something they have plans for but have been looking into party zone.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Updated with a comment on Firepower II...

Firepower II - "That's not on the way anytime soon. Maybe at some point down the road though."

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Firepower II, Black Knight and Eight Ball Deluxe are the first pinball machines I remember laying eyes and hands upon as a wee child. It would be nice to think all three would have a place in the arcade!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm done with the facebook page. You're never going to get a real answer about any table there.

And aside from that, every single time someone suggests or mentions an older table, you get the same 2 or 3 people complaining and bashing them just for being old games. I'm really tired of seeing it.

I mean, I don't have a facebook account, but I'm really sick of having to see these kind of posts. "God I hope not", "This table is garbage", "Looks boring", "I hate this game", "Please don't bring this to TPA", "This looks as bad as Centaur", etc.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
So Banzai run, Jackbot, High Speed, Diner & Safecracker sound like possible tables. Can't wait!
Wait.. what's this from?

I'm still bummed that I don't know the source/time of the status listed next to HS in the OP. I have a feeling it might be 12+ months old.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
When I created the original post, I only went back as far as August of 2013.

So all those notes are how FarSight (or whoever is representing them on their FB page) felt about that particular table as recent as August of 2013 and forward. So, not 12 months. 5 or 6 at most.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The latest comment on Banzai Run is in response to a question as to wheter it was possible for TPA (no particular season).

The response was:
Possible, yes, likely no.

Very contradictory from being on their radar just a couple months ago. I say season 4!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Als in response to Diner:

"It is a very fun table, and one we're hoping to do in the future at some point."

I say season 3!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah, that's a bit upsetting lol. I mean, why are these companies so uptight about pinball? Just give us the damn tables lol.

They can only put ten tables in a season now - six we don't know of. I'd imagine they have a good idea of how Season 3 will look. Give them a break :p

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014
They can only put ten tables in a season now - six we don't know of. I'd imagine they have a good idea of how Season 3 will look. Give them a break :p

Oh I'm not speaking to them, I am speaking to the uptight owners of the themes we want to see in our pinball machines. lol. Believe me, I know how difficult it is to get the cooperation of movie studios, and record companies, to access their content, my gripe is it shouldn't be that difficult. Someone wants to use the Star Wars pinball machine on an online video game....okay? So let FS have the ability to do that. I mean you got the LV Pinball Hall of Fame, they have all those machines there, and they don't pay for the copyright stuff, right?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
The latest comment on Banzai Run is in response to a question as to wheter it was possible for TPA (no particular season).

The response was:
Possible, yes, likely no.

Very contradictory from being on their radar just a couple months ago. I say season 4!

I don't really care what season it comes in - I just want it to come out.

Feb 19, 2014
It seems like Farsight is avoiding tables that have any extra licensing period, regardless of how minor it might be. That's probably why they have no plans for F-14 or Road Show, which I would have thought would be definites, and it makes me wonder if Party Zone will suffer the same fate, as it has a couple licensed tracks IIRC.

Sadly Getaway seems it was passed as well, but I'm really hoping that was just so High Speed can come first.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts