The PS3 "super patch"

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
You're welcome. They should include that instruction on the screen where you turn 3D on and off.

Yeah, I don't know why they don't explain that. It's like the ball control in the pro menu. I didn't have a clue how to work that until someone from Farsight mentioned on the forums that you need to hold the shoulder buttons down.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Patch has worked wonders. Lag almost at zero, turn the 3D on and it's even less. Not quite zero but nearly there

Tables look great. Just a dilemma. To buy the rest of the tables for PS3 or wait til I get a PS4....?

Problems problems

schiapcom69

May 1, 2013
ToM is fantastic ç_ç ...awesome job.
Also CV looks terrific,in general all tables are better.
Unfortunately i dont know Attack from Mars and MM because dont working...

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
ToM is fantastic ç_ç ...awesome job.

Yeah, this red ambiance are awesome on ToM. Kind of "The Phantom of the Opera" style. :p

All the little details now visible (the stairs on the ramps), it's very well done.

Also CV looks terrific,in general all tables are better.
Unfortunately i dont know Attack from Mars and MM because dont working...

Agreed. In fact, all tables look like their PS4 counterparts now (ToM for example), minus obviously the special lighting effects of this version.

Very good job on CV (not so difficult as the table was so messed up pre-patch), and the neon light FX is still awesome, although the table is brighter.
The yellow bulbs and the lights under the slingshots don't work, though.

AFM visual doesn't change too much compared to pre-patch (it was already good), except bugs are now fixed (orbit, bumpers...)

But unfortunately, in my opinion, MM is totally ruined. A big glowing reddish mess now. You miss nothing!

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
can`t download 7 of my 41 tables, I`ll just have to wait for those. overall bloody beautiful !!! :cool: 3d is fantastic, I was using my 2d to 3d converter on my tv before ,but wow this is miles better !!! my ps vita looks great also !!! now just waiting for our ps4 patch to come through, the one our American brothers and sisters got a few weeks ago.love junkyard !!! I`m a happy happy little vegemite !!! :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
can`t download 7 of my 41 tables, I`ll just have to wait for those. overall bloody beautiful !!! :cool: 3d is fantastic, I was using my 2d to 3d converter on my tv before ,but wow this is miles better !!! my ps vita looks great also !!! now just waiting for our ps4 patch to come through, the one our American brothers and sisters got a few weeks ago.love junkyard !!! I`m a happy happy little vegemite !!! :)

There weren't any fixes in the PS4 update. I think it was just the update before new tables are added.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Some videos of the new updated tables appear on Youtube...

NGG pre-patch:

ngg_prepatch.jpg

NGG post-patch

ngg_postpatch.jpg

Visuals:

The color saturation has been heavily increased... and that's all.
The playfield is still darkened, and that's a good thing. Unfortunately, it is still blurry/imprecise (the texts are hard to read). But maybe it's faithful to the original table.

The big white/red/blue bulbs light effect is still awful... That's simple: there's no light effect at all, no diffuse light when the bulb is lit (like the red ones on BoP for example). Unlit bulb: dark color. Lit bulb: lighter color "pasted" on the bulb sprite. Very ugly.

Physics:

Now the lag is gone, shoot the putting hole with the right flipper is easier. The orbits and the upper left ramp are easier to shoot too. Good.
The ball going from bumpers straight to the right outlane happens a lot less, almost never (only one time in about ten games).

Bugs:

- The "Gofer ball lock bug" (gamebreaking bug) seems to be fixed (none encountered).
- Some balls still fly out of the table when you shoot the hole-in-one hole. A new ball is directly and automatically launched instead.

NGG Enhancement Verdict: 6/10

Last edited:

schiapcom69

May 1, 2013
Yeah, this red ambiance are awesome on ToM. Kind of "The Phantom of the Opera" style. :p

All the little details now visible (the stairs on the ramps), it's very well done.

Agreed. In fact, all tables look like their PS4 counterparts now (ToM for example), minus obviously the special lighting effects of this version.

Very good job on CV (not so difficult as the table was so messed up pre-patch), and the neon light FX is still awesome, although the table is brighter.
The yellow bulbs and the lights under the slingshots don't work, though.

AFM visual doesn't change too much compared to pre-patch (it was already good), except bugs are now fixed (orbit, bumpers...)

But unfortunately, in my opinion, MM is totally ruined. A big glowing reddish mess now. You miss nothing!
Thanks for your post,very very interested :cool:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Man this patch has put the fun back into TPA for me. Smashed my Monster Bash high score by a billion points. I can actually hit shots now without flipper lag. :cool:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
There weren't any fixes in the PS4 update.

Actually...there were...

Version 01.02 of The Pinball Arcade on the PS4 (NA) released on 04/21/14.

Changelog :

• ESRB rating splash screen updated.
• Trophies are now working on the NA Disc version.
• PS4 Leaderboards are back online...still no Friends Leaderboard filter.
• Season Three section added to the main screen.
• Fish Tales and Black Rose added and are available for purchase.
• 20 Season One custom ball skins added for those who purchased the Season One Table/Pro Pack...not yet available for separate purchase.
• Flipper control can now be changed in the Settings Menu by highlighting Flipper Control and pressing the X button on the controller to toggle configuration.
• Room Brightness and Flipper Control are now saved when you exit the game, however, the Room Brightness does not save on a per table basis.
• Pressing the Share button on the controller now pauses the game.
• All tables with Pro Menus are now in Table Exploration mode instead of Fly By mode when the Coin Door is open.
• Nudge bug on scripted tables fixed.
• Creases removed from playfield on Funhouse.
• Super Dog lamp art issue fixed on Funhouse.
• Ceramic ball skin added to Twilight Zone.
• 10 Billion changed to 10 Million on the big wheel on The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot.
• Special lamp on the big wheel now illuminates on The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot.
• Black shadow removed from playfield on Star Trek : The Next Generation.
• Draw order issue when ball rolls over the Boom Balloon lamp fixed on Cirqus Voltaire.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
To be honest, the colour change makes all the difference on NGG. It looks so much better. Can't wait to see how Taxi has improved, because that was one of the few tables where the visuals really bugged me. The colours were so dull.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
To be honest, the colour change makes all the difference on NGG. It looks so much better. Can't wait to see how Taxi has improved, because that was one of the few tables where the visuals really bugged me. The colours were so dull.

Had a quick look at Taxi but wasn't too impressed tbh. It's improved but it still looks very bland.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Actually...there were...

Version 01.02 of The Pinball Arcade on the PS4 (NA) released on 04/21/14.

Changelog :

• ESRB rating splash screen updated.
• Trophies are now working on the NA Disc version.
• PS4 Leaderboards are back online...still no Friends Leaderboard filter.
• Season Three section added to the main screen.
• Fish Tales and Black Rose added and are available for purchase.
• 20 Season One custom ball skins added for those who purchased the Season One Table/Pro Pack...not yet available for separate purchase.
• Flipper control can now be changed in the Settings Menu by highlighting Flipper Control and pressing the X button on the controller to toggle configuration.
• Room Brightness and Flipper Control are now saved when you exit the game, however, the Room Brightness does not save on a per table basis.
• Pressing the Share button on the controller now pauses the game.
• All tables with Pro Menus are now in Table Exploration mode instead of Fly By mode when the Coin Door is open.
• Nudge bug on scripted tables fixed.
• Creases removed from playfield on Funhouse.
• Super Dog lamp art issue fixed on Funhouse.
• Ceramic ball skin added to Twilight Zone.
• 10 Billion changed to 10 Million on the big wheel on The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot.
• Special lamp on the big wheel now illuminates on The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot.
• Black shadow removed from playfield on Star Trek : The Next Generation.
• Draw order issue when ball rolls over the Boom Balloon lamp fixed on Cirqus Voltaire.

Thanks for the correction. I totally missed that.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Had a quick look at Taxi but wasn't too impressed tbh. It's improved but it still looks very bland.

It's much better than it was, but it's still rather fuzzy and washed out. Looks like they adjusted the color balance and tried to re-alias it, but Santa still looks like garbage. My Taxi has the original playfield in it and he doesn't look anywhere near that washed out. I think on that table, the main issue is the old PHOF rez files that they keep re-using and trying to upscale/alias it to look better - but the source is just not that great on that table for some reason...

It does play great, however!!!

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Some thoughts about the super patch.
Overall its a step forward. Much better colours on MM, TotAN, BK and Harley-Davidson, a table I now like to explore.
Funny: Gorgar was awfully coloured, now contrast is better, but the reddish hue is laughable.
I wonder why it is not possible to give the tables of the Disc-Version (Williams Classic) same quality in the DLC.
Seems to me as if on some tables physics are better now (ToM, T2, although loss in colour).
Bad: Twilight Zone. Before the patch I couldnt play White water, now I am stucked with Twilight Zone. Dont find a way to get it patched. Maybe, because I have the pro-version - which I bought by mistake? Any Hints?

Last edited:

sukmytoe2

May 14, 2014
Maybe it was just me earlier while playing but I found that the flow of MM is not as good as it was before the patch - hitting the ramps before on the flow seemed way easier than it is now. I also found that I'm hitting Merlin way too much by accident now and messing up my multi-balls.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts