The Random Thought Thread

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
OMG I literally just remembered how terrifying Walt Disney Home Video used to be. Before they focused on the kiddie demographic they basically prevented everyone from seeing their tapes by putting a logo affectionately named "The Neon Mickey Of Doom" at the beginning of their tapes. Because of that I sold lots of my old VHS tapes

Also those Feature Presentation IDs. Normally I wasn't nervous about them but on my early 90s tapes of "101 Dalmations" and "Beauty and the Beast" they had special variations with different words and music. Thank god they only used the "Coming to Videocassette This Summer" and other extraneous crap on those tapes...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I love the functionality of my iPad, but who's bright idea was it to make something that's designed to held in your hands to be slicker than a wet fish? I wouldn't complain, but the official apple case that actually makes it possible to hold the damn thing broke after barely a year of use. Excuse me while I punch Steve's corpse in the nuts.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I love the functionality of my iPad, but who's bright idea was it to make something that's designed to held in your hands to be slicker than a wet fish? I wouldn't complain, but the official apple case that actually makes it possible to hold the damn thing broke after barely a year of use. Excuse me while I punch Steve's corpse in the nuts.

When I bought my iPad2 back a few years ago - I did a ton of research before I settled on an Otterbox case. I rapidly fell in love with it because of its durability and the fact that it made it easier to hold. When I upgraded to the Air last November - I didn't look at anything else. And I'm still very happy with my case.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I need to check it out. Don't ever buy the Smart Case (not the Smart Cover). Not only are the edges sharp, but the seal starts breaking after a few months. Why they didn't make it seamless, I will never know, but it's a wretched design, and at $50, horribly overpriced as well.

On my older iPads, I just had a plain silicone skin and that was pretty great. Grippy and gave it a little extra protection, yet I liked how the Smart Cover protected the screen when not in use, but mehhhhhhh....

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hey there movie fans.

Creature From The Black Lagoon is on MeTV tonight at 10PM Eastern time.
One of the Universal monster classics. I hear it even inspired a pinball machine.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
Brilliant!
Berwyn multiball?

yeah! hey there'd have to be two; "berwyn mb" would be just two balls and have to make the target for two "drive-thru diner" prizes, "chili dogs" and "cheese fries," then have to get to the drive-in theater target by showtime. then there's be "cerwyn mb" that would have five balls or even more, and that'd be the "throw rubber chickens at the little sven in the casket" target mode! maybe would have to get the former before you get the latter mode after each launch.

yeah great, that's the last thing i need 10pm saturday night - some idea to keep me up all night drawing plans and sketches!

N

netizen

3 weddings and a funeral. Hopefully this summer's drama is finished for a time. Only 3 birthday's in the next 2 weeks and I should be all clear.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Going on vacation tomorrow. Road trip ending up in Chicago for a week. Hopefully this vacation is not the precursor to the crazy times that followed last year's trip to N Carolina. Now, did that query finish running yet...?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Going to see John Fogerty tonight. Pretty psyched about it. Enjoyed his and CCR music for a long time. Have never seen him live before. Fingers crossed for an awesome setlist.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Going to see John Fogerty tonight. Pretty psyched about it. Enjoyed his and CCR music for a long time. Have never seen him live before. Fingers crossed for an awesome setlist.

How was it? I've always been a big fan too.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
How was it? I've always been a big fan too.

Just a super show. Played the hits you expect and some curveballs to keep it interesting. His voice is as good as it was in the 70's. I sometimes forget how good a guitar player he is. Live songs give him the freedom to wander in is solos and play some really special licks. Had a very good band that included his son on guitar. The band consisted of three guitars, bass, keyboard, and a drummer. So you got a guitar heavy classic rock sound that just exploded at you. A good time rock-n-roll show. Everyone left with a smile wanting more. Excellent start to finish. My wife said it might be her favorite show ever.
Here is a link to the setlist.
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/john-...lehem-event-center-bethlehem-pa-7bc12a00.html
26 songs with no break or opening band. He took no prisoners.

Jeff, if you get the chance, see him. You want be disappointed.

Edit: The collection of guitars was amazing. He changed between just about every song. Les Paul gold top, butterscotch telecaster, Ernie Ball, Paul Reed Smith. Too many to remember. As a guitar guy, you would have been drooling for sure.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online