The Simpsons Pinball Party Kickstarter [Speculation]

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Would LOTR be cheaper? If Jersey Jack Pinball could afford the Hobbit license I'd like to think Farsight could find a way to make LOTR happen. Saying that I'd still love to see TSPP. Which one would be more succesfull as a kickstarter proposition? Hmm...

large.gif

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
We can only hope that TSPP will be available in the next couple years. I am a little biased because Matt Groening was born in Portland and he has said that The Simpsons is based on his experience in Portland. I don't know him personally; however, I know he is a kind an generous person. I would hope that Dan Castellanteta, Nancy Cartrwright and Hank Azaria would be affable to a deal. My thought the major part of what is needed for a TSPP kickstarter is that Fox would demand Megabucks for the right to this table; then again, I might be blowing smoke out my butt.

Remember that Fox was really burnt when they let George Lucas hold the merchandise right to the Star Wars franchise, which is now the property of Disney.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Would LOTR be cheaper? If Jersey Jack Pinball could afford the Hobbit license I'd like to think Farsight could find a way to make LOTR happen. Saying that I'd still love to see TSPP. Which one would be more succesfull as a kickstarter proposition? Hmm...

I've said it before & I'll say it again. I don't see why TSPP is so universally loved. Personally I'd much rather see LOTR. But I'll support either one if a KS comes.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
:mad: d'oh!!!! nothing to see here, nor is it April Fools
....an admin or a mod really should tweak the thread title
just adding a simple >>>> "?" <<<< to the end would make all the difference

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I've said it before & I'll say it again. I don't see why TSPP is so universally loved. Personally I'd much rather see LOTR. But I'll support either one if a KS comes.

The Simpsons brand has been around for many, many years. If you can't figure out why a Simpsons related game, especially a pinball one, in universally loved, than there's no help for you. :p

The last time I asked, I was told that TSPP would notbe more expensive than TAF, and that it would 99.9% be the next KS. It's easily the 2nd most requested KS table, and it's from a brand that has a proven track record of making money. Now, as for LOTR, I can't see why on earth THAT table is loved as much as it is? I played it a few times, didn't see what all the fuss was about? As for ever getting it into TPA, that'll be a highly, HIGHLY expensive one to do. I honestly doubt it ever happens.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Well, it's not just the license, because DE Simpsons isn't all that universally loved. Actually it's rather a footnote that would be mostly forgotten if not for the later table with the same theme. Compare to say the Bullwinkle or Popeye games, where the cartoon license was worth mild interest at best and didn't really carry the game to any significant spot in pinball history.

TSPP is loved because there's eight zillion things going on and stacking at the same time. It's a massively fun game on top of the beloved license. You get to do so much stuff. It is true that not everyone likes their pinballing with eight zillion things at once.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I really want to see The Simpsons Pinball Party be the next Kickstarter, then I would love to see Family Guy be the next cartoon Pinball game. I know Family Guy won't happen until they get the S.A.M. Hardware working on every electronic device, but those two games I really want to see done some time in the near future.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
What about Spiderman? Although its a Marvel property, Sony owns the rights, and they've worked with Farsight on BSD & Starship Troopers, so might be an easier deal to put together then TSPP. I still want TSPP btw!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What about Spiderman? Although its a Marvel property, Sony owns the rights, and they've worked with Farsight on BSD & Starship Troopers, so might be an easier deal to put together then TSPP. I still want TSPP btw!

I doubt they wouldn't have to go through Disney, as they own the merchandising for the Spider-Man films if not the films itself. And even that's changed recently. With all the Spider-Man drama of recent weeks, I'm not sure if that would be feasible. Do Disney want to return to two reboots ago when they're trying to rebuild Spidey's image? And again, there may be exclusivity ties with Zen (or Disney may not even be interested because they have Marvel pinball covered). Plus, Disney = $$$. Not too likely right now. I would love to be surprised, though.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Spiderman is a S.A.M. table and I believe Farsight has difficulty in getting emulation to work on all devices. LOTR and TSPP are both Whitestar which they already got to work with HD3, RBION and HRC.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Spiderman is a S.A.M. table and I believe Farsight has difficulty in getting emulation to work on all devices. LOTR and TSPP are both Whitestar which they already got to work with HD3, RBION and HRC.

That too, yes.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
i think 100k is pretty much the max Kickstarter Farsight can do. Simpsons would be much easier to accomplish and might be able to go higher than 100k if the campaign is run better than the last couple. i'd also imagine it'd be a favored nations contract so might be easier to negotiate. And Simpsons licenses on everything with the voices intact.

LOTR might not be as hard to accomplish as we think. the biggest name actor is ian mckellen. i could see there being issues with the studio, but at this point they should want to wring every last penny out of the franchise, which won't have anymore films, so why not play ball?

Still think TSPP should be the next Kickstarter though.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
i think 100k is pretty much the max Kickstarter Farsight can do. Simpsons would be much easier to accomplish and might be able to go higher than 100k if the campaign is run better than the last couple. i'd also imagine it'd be a favored nations contract so might be easier to negotiate. And Simpsons licenses on everything with the voices intact.

LOTR might not be as hard to accomplish as we think. the biggest name actor is ian mckellen. i could see there being issues with the studio, but at this point they should want to wring every last penny out of the franchise, which won't have anymore films, so why not play ball?

Still think TSPP should be the next Kickstarter though.

Someone asked on FB about LOTR a while back, and the response was that it would be extremely expensive, and much harder to accomplish than trying for TSPP. I believe Jay mentioned something along those lines as well.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I'm sorry, someone help me out here. Has there been any indication that TSPP is something that FarSight is working on or is this just rabid fan speculation to the point of being baseless hype?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.