• Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
@MontanaFrank
You didn't really upset anybody here (I hope).
I think it's a neverending debate.
Karl said it well : "I feel that every time censorship comes up, everyone talks about what they themselves feel is right."

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
@MontanaFrank
You didn't really upset anybody here (I hope).
I think it's a neverending debate.
Karl said it well : "I feel that every time censorship comes up, everyone talks about what they themselves feel is right."

+1

Though I may disagree on this one, I enjoy hearing and respect your opinions as I know you do the same with everyone else here on the board. All good!

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Indeed, Frank. I don't want my response to your post to make you think your own opinion is not right for you. It's not right for me, but just as your sensibilities shouldn't control my consumption, mine shouldn't control yours either. Our reasons for liking or disliking anything are our own, and insofar as those preferences only apply to ourselves, I can respect that.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
image-5.jpg

image-4.jpg

I love it.

____
Good show!! :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Silverball Mania is one of the best looking pins ever made but the play doesn't thrill me. I don't hate it but it's a middle of the road pin for me.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I agree with you on Silverball Mania. That was one pin you could always hear then minute you walked into an arcade. Maybe TPA will make this table one day

Yep!

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a pretty fun table, but the sounds, esp when you drain, are just the worst.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
The late Iron Sheik, a Pinball Machine with his likeness would be gold for me and his crazy quotes!
Suplex him, put him in the Camel Clutch, break his back, censored his censored, make him humble ;)

Pinball_wiz_05401

Dec 26, 2014
It's all good man.
It's been a pleasure too.
Heretic is a nice guy. I over reacted.
Keep the ball rolling and let us have fun.
I can only hope that Farsight continues to have poll considerations for upcoming pinball releases from the mid 1980s and earlier. If I had to choose my favorite pinball release period- it would be between the years of 1979 – 1981… the old Atari 2600 home game console period. With the exception of Gottlieb’s Haunted House “released back in June 1982”, I found myself pulling away from commercial pinball as home gaming consoles started to evolve with the release of Atari’s 5200 and ColecoVision in mid/ late 1982 and pinball units were becoming more and more scarce in my local arcades due to higher maintenance costs with pinball units verses video gaming units.

I worked in the smaller of the two arcades we had in town back in mid/ late 1986 and we had 65 – 70 units and only 1 commercial pinball unit. When we had periodic staff meetings and suggestions for improving customer attraction, I would suggest more pinball units like the larger competitor arcade up the street and it was always no due to higher repair maintenance issues with pinball. Eventually, even the larger competing arcade went all video gaming except for Williams – Pinbot and some other pin next to it. For the most part, we were deprived of many of the pinball releases from the 1990s onward just because I lived in a smaller community so many of the later pinball releases Farsight has released in recent months has missed “my” mark.

I’d like to see more commercial pinball releases from the old Atari 2600 home game console era and before. These older pinball units were at the top of their game and still have staying power. My favorite Farsight work to date has to be Black Hole… Gorgar… Black Knight “glitches and all”… Big Shot… Genie… Firepower… Centaur… Flight 2000… El Dorado… Haunted House “well this one may need to be a little revised”.

We all have different tastes when it comes to pinball. In my first post, I said Heretic’s Paragon probably had the best game play of all the pins on the original list from round one and I’m thrilled to have another older pin from the Atari 2600 era. My favorite electro- mechanical “video” pin has to be Microsoft Pinball Arcade’s “Spirit of ‘76” from my personal collection and I can only hope that Farsight reconsiders older pinball release polls.

Off topic…

I know that a lot of forum members come and go and I know I lost my focus when I initially posted on this poll… but I think it’s wrong for a newer member with ONE derogatory post… to single out a senior member from this forum and to take it upon his or herself and call this senior member a baby. I tried to lighten the atmosphere from prior posts but I didn’t think this senior member would give nubie a verbal nose bleed… and I said to myself… DUDE! and it stuck…

Heretic… you came into the aftermath a situation that happened earlier. I read the comments you left for me earlier. I have two things I want to say to you…

ONE… Don’t make me send my Momma over there and wash your mouth out with soap and…
TWO… Pour me another Guinness! My beer glass is empty…

That’s all I have to say about that…:)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts