Tournament!!!

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
They need to turn off EBs during these period. What goes for one should go for all. It's only fair. Funhouse is merely a test of endurance because of this...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't see any reason to compare this with a PAPA tournament. This is just for fun. We're not really playing for anything and we're not limited to the availability of real tables or just two days. Once they run a few tournaments I think they should consider running a tournament for the more serious players with more strict rules. In real life and in TPA I'm just going to be a decent casual player but I can see why the more serious or competitive players would want a more strict rule set.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Farsight tried to disable extra balls for the previous mobile tournaments, but the ROMs weren't behaving. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out down the road.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Farsight tried to disable extra balls for the previous mobile tournaments, but the ROMs weren't behaving. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out down the road.

I noticed they seem to have tournament mode/settings on, is that true? For instance in TOTAN the bazaar always awards 250k

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
TOO LATE! :p there are some differences in the tables though.

Don't get ahead of yourself my good Man.
I have yet begun to fight.
All I have left in this world is time and some ducats.

I'm gonna do my best to put on a good show.
That's what I do in everything I do.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Mr. Doncarlos, I am honored that you took the time to quote a fool.

My logic is simple. In the confines of a TPA tournament, I can play an almost full game, take a look at my score, and then decide to finish my game or pause & quit the game before any scores are even recorded. I don't think this would be possible in a PAPA tournament.

I get the feeling that if we met in the real world (over some brews, a good meal and some pinball), it would be like Spock meetin' Yoda.

:)

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
My logic is simple. In the confines of a TPA tournament, I can play an almost full game, take a look at my score, and then decide to finish my game or pause & quit the game before any scores are even recorded. I don't think this would be possible in a PAPA tournament.
Actually, in PAPA qualifying, you can:

PAPA 16 Official Rules said:
At any point during play or immediately after play has been completed, the player may elect to abandon his or her entry by notifying the scorekeeper. This will void all scores recorded so far for the entry, and the entry will not be entered into the scoring system except as a "void", which does not affect scoring in any way. No money will be refunded, but the player has no further obligation to complete his or her entry, and is free to purchase another if he or she wishes. Once all games have been completed and the entry turned in for scoring by the scorekeeper, the void option is no longer available for that entry. A completed entry may be submitted for scoring at any time, so if a void is desired, the scorekeeper must be notified immediately upon completion of the entry.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Grrr!! (Shakin' an angry fist and wearin' a wry smile.)

Spocked, once again. What don't you know. Really. :)

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Also is it normal for ToM to give out 3 pinballs on 3 straight trapdoors or did I do something weird

You're doin' something right as far as I know.

Is this off of the video pinball or the straight extra ball reward?

Either way good job.

I'm just askin' because this is the table I'm workin' on now.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I'm honestly way too excited about doing well in the tournament so far. I have no illusions of finishing top or anything since I know there are people who are vastly better than me, but don't have the kind of time I do to put in total scores so far. It's still really nice to know I can at least perform pretty decently on most tables.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Is there a reason why TOM score board is not giving double digit billions? and if someone can score 9,999,999,999 will they be #1? C'mon FS!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.