Tournament!!!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Just tried a lil experiment scored 4billion and placed higher than my 11billion......AWSOME! So its all about who can get closest to 9,999,999,999. OMFG! SERIOUSLY!?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Damn! I was afraid of the rollover.

I haven't committed to a full game yet. I'm workin' out my shots still from a 3+ month break from this table.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Just tried a lil experiment scored 4billion and placed higher than my 11billion......AWSOME! So its all about who can get closest to 9,999,999,999. OMFG! SERIOUSLY!?

The rollover is in the ROM.

In other tournaments they were playing for the special "eye" pinball for the top 100. I'm assuming since this is the first PS3 tourney that we are playing for that as well.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
The rollover is in the ROM.

In other tournaments they were playing for the special "eye" pinball for the top 100. I'm assuming since this is the first PS3 tourney that we are playing for that as well.

I think in game prizes might be harder on ps3 ... I can't imagine them going through the trouble sending us download codes.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
You're doin' something right as far as I know.

Is this off of the video pinball or the straight extra ball reward?

Either way good job.

I'm just askin' because this is the table I'm workin' on now.

the video pinball mode
I bombed on all three of them but still, feels weird

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Nothing is weird here, Man. On the Ripley table, I once had a special lit up on both outlanes, one at the vari-target and two extra balls lit up at the vari-target. I lost the ball SDTM. Luckily I still had an extra ball to play with to collect all that goodness.

One of the weirdest things I've encountered on ToM is a midnight stacked on a midnight from consecutive basement shots.
I dunno how I did that.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Too bad that the games don't count for the wizard goals. For the first time I have reached Atlantis on RBION (my personal nemesis, I never got anything going on this table up to now) and even Battle for the Kingdom (was too excited though and lost the balls quickly).

schiapcom69

May 1, 2013
Really Good Tournament,i see a lot of superscore,very good players.
ps in ToMagic in multyball i have some rallenty,fortunatly not big,somebody note this problem ?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
ps in ToMagic in multyball i have some rallenty,fortunatly not big,somebody note this problem ?

I never encountered slowdowns during ToM multiball (3 or 4 balls). I play in 720p, because of lag in 1080i/p. Maybe there is some slowdown in this screen resolution? (I would not be surprised)

schiapcom69

May 1, 2013
the slowdown is very little little ,maybe 1 sec only in multyball on ToM,i have also put 720 p,i have hd ready tv,thanks for info ;)
The tournement is terrific ! big fantastic score and super players :eek:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Psh, for all my worrying that I'd only have time to play six of the eight tables once or twice each, I've currently wound up in 40th place. Come on, slackers! : D

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I still don't know what we are playing for and if any other rank besides first matters... all it says is the person in first is the winner..

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I still don't know what we are playing for and if any other rank besides first matters... all it says is the person in first is the winner..

The FS facebook thing says it's to generate rankings. I assume for future tournament type seedings maybe or something? I think FS would have mentioned if there was anything else at stake, but your guess is as good as mine.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Does anyone know how the points are provided? 100,90, 85 for the top three is obvious but for the other ranks the difference seems to depend on the number of total players?! It used to be 0.03 at the beginning of the week, now it's something between 0.02 and 0.03.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

For fun. We're playing for fun. You should only play pinball if you think its fun.

I once explained this to a frisbee golfer. I'm a tournament director and an official for the PDGA (Professional Disc Golf Association) and one time I gave a warning to a pro player for kicking his bag. I also told him that this game should be fun and that if he wasn't having fun he should probably do something else. That was his last tournament. He started hiking/camping/rock climbing every weekend. The next year he was at a tournament (watching, not playing) and came up to me and thanked me. Said it had been the most enjoyable year of his life.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Does anyone know how the points are provided? 100,90, 85 for the top three is obvious but for the other ranks the difference seems to depend on the number of total players?! It used to be 0.03 at the beginning of the week, now it's something between 0.02 and 0.03.

I believe that it is always 100, 90 and 85 for the top three and the rest depends on how many people have entered a score for a table. So, the lowest score on a table is 1 (I think) and fourth place is close to 85. The more people entered on a table, the closer together the increments are.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
TOP TEN of 4646 players
1.Jpelter
2.TOUGE_KILLER
3.ALOL997
4.observer101
5.heinz70
6.Zoop25
7.thepindo
8.bart4955