Tourney 2015-12-14: CftBL, FH, HS, Pin*Bot, SST, Taxi, WWater, Xenon

invitro

May 4, 2012
Can't see any scores for TAXI in the leaderboard (Android).
Is there an issue?
Yes... apparently Junk Yard is Taxi's substitute. The web page tourney leaderboard shows the correct eight tables for each platform. But in TPA, you can play Taxi on mobile, and you can play JY on PC/Steam (and probably on PSN?). Workaround: don't play them. :)

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
At least clicking on a player's username shows the right eight tables.

NO!

tournament.jpg

invitro

May 4, 2012

But isn't this the correct list for Steam Bronze? He's got a score on JY, and his points for it count.

It looks like Steam Bronze, Mobile Gold, and Mobile Silver are playing JY, and the other six divisions are playing Taxi. Whew! I think someone swapped the tournament ID for Mobile Bronze and Steam Bronze somewhere.

I still wonder why JY is used as a replacement for Taxi on any divisions. It's just Farsight being Farsight I suppose. ;)

invitro

May 4, 2012
I am having serious difficulty with High Speed. I have played it several times now, I feel like I've whipped it pretty good, but my 13.8M is still only #5. I don't expect to match Tarek or Dizzer, but there are two other peeps with a 16.7M and a 14.3M. I must be missing something. I've read the instructions again and have tried to pump up the jackpot before scoring it, but it's hard to avoid making the ramp -- a few shots that hit the standups just rebound up the ramp. And I've thought about draining often, when I've got max bonus, but that doesn't seem right. Maybe I just need to try harder.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Does anyone know the user Far**** in silver? Nr.1 overall at the moment, scores look legit, but the nick makes me wonder.

I'm going out on a limb here to suggest that this is the same "user" that went by a different name in previous tournaments, and was subsequently erased from existence.

That fact that it got 800 in Bronze last time through was suspicious enough.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I am having serious difficulty with High Speed. I have played it several times now, I feel like I've whipped it pretty good, but my 13.8M is still only #5. I don't expect to match Tarek or Dizzer, but there are two other peeps with a 16.7M and a 14.3M. I must be missing something. I've read the instructions again and have tried to pump up the jackpot before scoring it, but it's hard to avoid making the ramp -- a few shots that hit the standups just rebound up the ramp. And I've thought about draining often, when I've got max bonus, but that doesn't seem right. Maybe I just need to try harder.

Well you have to play it with high speed. ;)
All I can say is that fast shots to the san diego freeway and the ramp are important. And yes, boost up the jackpot before collecting and drain multiball after to enable a new MB with jackpot.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
My request... Don't replace starship troopers, I finally figured out how to play it! :p the sound can go though...

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
My request... Don't replace starship troopers, I finally figured out how to play it! :p the sound can go though...

Do you just go for orbit multiball and boosting recon to 6? Or try to nuke a bunch of planets at once?

andyy119

Apr 28, 2014
Just played taxi (im in pc silver) and the table is in 3d, i dont have 3d glasses or the skill required for this but it sure looks freaky

Ayrton12

May 31, 2015
What's wrong with Starship Troopers? One of the best soundtracks with awesome effects and the lightshow is great as well. Only that Littlefinger [!] still confuses me all the time ;)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Just played taxi (im in pc silver) and the table is in 3d, i dont have 3d glasses or the skill required for this but it sure looks freaky
Really? Can you take a screenshot and post it? I've never heard of this one. :)

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Ah man...just spent ages on JY only to find no score appearing. Was well chuffed with the game I played. :( Does anyone know if this game doesn't count in the tourney for some strange reason?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.