TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
Can you give a timeframe of when Xbox 360 table and update will be available?
The Pinball Arcade As soon as possible, we're hoping to have it out this month if possible (it may not be)

PinballKing0416

Sep 10, 2014
hey mike will you guys please re-launch the xbox 360. i ve been waiting 2 years now and still playing.

well i guess they called FAR SIGHT for a reason...

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
Can you give a timeframe of when Xbox 360 table and update will be available?
The Pinball Arcade As soon as possible, we're hoping to have it out this month if possible (it may not be)

Is this from facebook? Didn't find it.

hey mike will you guys please re-launch the xbox 360. i ve been waiting 2 years now and still playing.

well i guess they called FAR SIGHT for a reason...

Please show a little respect, they've been caught in bankruptcy court for years now and have managed to resubmit to MS recently. NOTE: still, you're joke is a bit funny.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
Gigabomber, yes from Facebook.

and
The Pinball Arcade No dates yet, but they're progressing nicely... the Xbox one version is a bit further along than the 360 version at the moment, but now that we're just about done with Dracula we'll be able to focus more efforts on the 360 version

PinballKing0416

Sep 10, 2014
Is this from facebook? Didn't find it.

Please show a little respect, they've been caught in bankruptcy court for years now and have managed to resubmit to MS recently. NOTE: still, you're joke is a bit funny.

Yes i know that but it has been april since they said they re-launching it. i do respect them because i love what they do. but i just hate the waiting. sorry for my english im from holland.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Gigabomber, yes from Facebook.

and
The Pinball Arcade No dates yet, but they're progressing nicely... the Xbox one version is a bit further along than the 360 version at the moment, but now that we're just about done with Dracula we'll be able to focus more efforts on the 360 version

So that means the old reliable 360 will go yet another calender year without Pinball Arcade DLC (judging by FarSight's admission that they have not been "able to focus more efforts on the 360 version", despite the fact that the 360 was their prime development platform for two seasons and FarSight previously announced that content was submitted to M$ back in April.

And worse still, due to the nonsensical deal FarSight signed with M$, this is going to further delay DLC for Playstation platforms. I had previously bought a PS4 mainly for TPA because of what happened to the 360 (then my main platform), only to find out that DLC for the PS4 is now being stalled by Xbox delays.

While I still support the PC version of TPA, (hopefully Steam will still offer the season 4 pass-Day one purchase for me), I cannot find any rationale for supporting any console version.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
So that means the old reliable 360 will go yet another calender year without Pinball Arcade DLC (judging by FarSight's admission that they have not been "able to focus more efforts on the 360 version", despite the fact that the 360 was their prime development platform for two seasons and FarSight previously announced that content was submitted to M$ back in April.

And worse still, due to the nonsensical deal FarSight signed with M$, this is going to further delay DLC for Playstation platforms. I had previously bought a PS4 mainly for TPA because of what happened to the 360 (then my main platform), only to find out that DLC for the PS4 is now being stalled by Xbox delays.

While I still support the PC version of TPA, (hopefully Steam will still offer the season 4 pass-Day one purchase for me), I cannot find any rationale for supporting any console version.
same boat here,use the pc and I don`t worry when it comes to PS4.got rid of my XBOX 360.there`s a new console coming out which will have steam on it ,DELLS ALIENWARE ALPHA ,looks good from the site.might a good alternative. :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
same boat here,use the pc and I don`t worry when it comes to PS4.got rid of my XBOX 360.there`s a new console coming out which will have steam on it ,DELLS ALIENWARE ALPHA ,looks good from the site.might a good alternative. :)

I've just looked up that console. It's nice that they're offering such an alternative. Me personally, I would prefer to just get a new computer for the same price (maybe less) than their most "future proof" model. Not too sure how it would stack up against Microsoft/Sony consoles in terms of performance, but blows both out of the water with game selection. Thanks for sharing the info!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I made an Xbox 360 build for submission, our QA found a bunch of bugs. I've been going through fixing those bugs in between each table release.

As soon as we get a build that we're happy with we will submit it to Microsoft.

I don't want to give a timeframe because if we miss it then we just get more complaints. I thought I had a good build months ago, and then was told by Microsoft I couldn't do something the way I intended and had to do a large rewrite.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for the update, Mike. Pretty safe to say all the nashing (sp?) of teeth is from the frustration built up from the whole xbox thing, it definitely grates on me (being a 360 owner) but thankfully I also have the pc. Just have to hope it won't be long until submission to MS and it can get through the cert process quickly.

PinballKing0416

Sep 10, 2014
Hey mike if you guys re-launch the pinball arcade will all my highscores be gone. Because i'm still playing and i have some sick scores.
But i think they be gone because of bugs etc

Oh yeah thnx for the update

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Hey mike if you guys re-launch the pinball arcade will all my highscores be gone. Because i'm still playing and i have some sick scores.
But i think they be gone because of bugs etc

Oh yeah thnx for the update

You keep all your purchases and your high scores, goals, achievements, etc.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
Sounds great Mike :)
Hope that you submit to MS very soon, I'm sure it would help the AF Kickstarter.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Sounds great Mike :)
Hope that you submit to MS very soon, I'm sure it would help the AF Kickstarter.

Definitely.

And if possible, have a blurb on the 360's dashboard telling all about the return of TPA along with the KS.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Definitely.

And if possible, have a blurb on the 360's dashboard telling all about the return of TPA along with the KS.

I don't think that will be necessary.

(A)-After less than a week-the TAF KS is halfway there!
(B)-The 360 version hasn't been submitted (or even pre-submitted)-KS should be done by then.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'd say Xbone, maybe. 360, probably not.

Just a guess, as they've talked about Xbone being in certification, and 360 needing to be cleaned up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.