TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Yes, it is quiet in here......Almost too quiet....

Remember, the TAF kickstarter came out of nowhere. No news, no hint, then boom! Announcement of TAF kickstarter. I think FS is laying low and is going to blindside us with 360's release.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yes, it is quiet in here......Almost too quiet....

Remember, the TAF kickstarter came out of nowhere. No news, no hint, then boom! Announcement of TAF kickstarter. I think FS is laying low and is going to blindside us with 360's release.

I was surprised they started it, and ultimately ended the kickstarter, without even the mention of a release date for either ms platform. Certainly a good deal of money not donated while those platforms remain unavailable. Wii u has a few people too but not that many that would have made a difference I imagine.

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
Hey guys, do you think the the X360 version will have upgraded graphics? I don't remember what it was like the last time it was on XBLA, but the tables in The Williams Collection don't have any lighting effects nor a reflective ball. Zen has proved though that it's possible even on the humble old 360 with Pinball FX2 - most of their tables have a nice, reflective ball, lighting effects and slick framerate.

My only worry is that Farsight seems to have so much on their plate right now - am I the only one who thinks they kind of "lack focus"? They seem to be pulling into all directions at once, constantly publishing new tables (Phantom Of The Op, Addams, Ghostbusters) when they should be focusing on getting the current lineup together for existing platforms...

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Hey guys, do you think the the X360 version will have upgraded graphics? I don't remember what it was like the last time it was on XBLA, but the tables in The Williams Collection don't have any lighting effects nor a reflective ball. Zen has proved though that it's possible even on the humble old 360 with Pinball FX2 - most of their tables have a nice, reflective ball, lighting effects and slick framerate.

My only worry is that Farsight seems to have so much on their plate right now - am I the only one who thinks they kind of "lack focus"? They seem to be pulling into all directions at once, constantly publishing new tables (Phantom Of The Op, Addams, Ghostbusters) when they should be focusing on getting the current lineup together for existing platforms...

they'd probably release on 360 tomorrow if it wasn't because of the publishing issues, testing issues and cost of review and review time by Microsoft and any exclusive deal they have on the Xbone.

feels like the 360 version is slowly slipping away from us.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

The lighting isn't anything to call home about but the ball reflections are nice

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
they'd probably release on 360 tomorrow if it wasn't because of the publishing issues, testing issues and cost of review and review time by Microsoft and any exclusive deal they have on the Xbone.

feels like the 360 version is slowly slipping away from us.

Two years plus should be more than enough time for something to "slip away".

It's been gone for some time.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Two years plus should be more than enough time for something to "slip away".

It's been gone for some time.
The 360 version went to college, nearly flunked out, joined the Peace Corps, went back to college, and is slowly starting to settle in. Maybe he's even found a nice girl to bring home.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
The Pinball Arcade We have just begun internal testing on our 3rd internal iteration of the new xbox 360 build, so we're getting MUCH closer, we don't have a lot of major issues left to fix, it certainly hasn't been abandoned.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The Pinball Arcade We have just begun internal testing on our 3rd internal iteration of the new xbox 360 build, so we're getting MUCH closer, we don't have a lot of major issues left to fix, it certainly hasn't been abandoned.

...or even "pre-certified".

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012

Link?

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
So what do you think the recently announced news of the Xbox One edition coming very soon in their newsletter means for the xbox 360? Suprised they didn't mention it in the email.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
So what do you think the recently announced news of the Xbox One edition coming very soon in their newsletter means for the xbox 360? Suprised they didn't mention it in the email.

FarSight is doing the right thing in keeping quiet about this version. Every other laughable and haphazard plan they've revealed about the 360 version, and (while we're at it) the WiiU (anyone remember the big video from Dec '12?), and the PS4 (sound fix by April LOL!) , and PC (DX11 and cabinet), and the Vita (bug fixes), and the XBOne (June '14??) has wound up in the dumper so far.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
FarSight is doing the right thing in keeping quiet about this version. Every other laughable and haphazard plan they've revealed about the 360 version, and (while we're at it) the WiiU (anyone remember the big video from Dec '12?), and the PS4 (sound fix by April LOL!) , and PC (DX11 and cabinet), and the Vita (bug fixes), and the XBOne (June '14??) has wound up in the dumper so far.

I'm surprised you play ANY version. :p

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm surprised you play ANY version. :p

Me too, given what's happened to all of the releases since.

Since I don't require DX11 or cabinet support, the PC version is what I go with. Outside of mobile, pc, and mac, you can't play TPZ right now.
I only mentioned those two items because there are threads with TPA fans venting about their lack in the PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts