TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Given how easy it is to patch and release on Android and PC, I'm not going to bother with Xbox now. The cycles are just way too long on the consoles and I can't afford to keep up to date with more than 1 platform. Android is pretty much now my platform of choice. Never thought I'd say that.................

Jan 6, 2013
Given how easy it is to patch and release on Android and PC, I'm not going to bother with Xbox now. The cycles are just way too long on the consoles and I can't afford to keep up to date with more than 1 platform. Android is pretty much now my platform of choice. Never thought I'd say that.................

How do you nudge on the Android and is there a touch screen for the flippers

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
How do you nudge on the Android and is there a touch screen for the flippers

To nudge you can choose between shaking the device (not all the great of an idea) or defining certain zones of the screen as "nudge" zones.

And yes you flip, plunge, etc. by touching the screen in either of the bottom corners.

Takes a bit of getting used to and nudging is by and large more difficult and only has one strength, but once you work it out, it's very playable.

A lot of Android devices are also compatible with various controllers specially designed for use with tablets/phones.

Jan 6, 2013
To nudge you can choose between shaking the device (not all the great of an idea) or defining certain zones of the screen as "nudge" zones.

And yes you flip, plunge, etc. by touching the screen in either of the bottom corners.

Takes a bit of getting used to and nudging is by and large more difficult and only has one strength, but once you work it out, it's very playable.

A lot of Android devices are also compatible with various controllers specially designed for use with tablets/phones.

Wow i did not know about the controller thing i will look into this thanks for the info,I just downloaded the steam for tpa but the ball moves 1 mile an hour i suppose my computer is out dated

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
And that version *still* has the frankenstein multiball nudge bug. You can nudge the table and it counts it as a Frankenstein hit.

That will be fixed when the new build goes out. We'll also reset the leaderboard.

It didn't get fixed before because our publisher went bankrupt right after that update went out.

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Mike is there any kind of time frame you can give us thanks

Hi, It seems your as fed up with what's going on with xbox 360 as I am. With asking Mike and Farsight with a time frame I cant see it been any use, when they do reply you cant believe what they say, there previous reply's on a lot of these forums back this up. I've lost faith in Farsight. I've looked into getting a different console but reading the other forums there seems to be issues with all of them.

Jan 6, 2013
Hi, It seems your as fed up with what's going on with xbox 360 as I am. With asking Mike and Farsight with a time frame I cant see it been any use, when they do reply you cant believe what they say, there previous reply's on a lot of these forums back this up. I've lost faith in Farsight. I've looked into getting a different console but reading the other forums there seems to be issues with all of them.

Yea i guess i am getting fed up with all this.I do not want to get a new console if the tables will be on the 360 .But i thought about getting a new one and would of maybe but f.s. has been saying next month oh one more month and so on,and as far as a new console like you said all of them seem to be having problem's it seem's like f.s. would be growing and thing's getting better but instead it seem's that they are falling apart everything is broken and never come's when it is suppose to.Like i have the Vita and we cant even get s4 STILL while it is out on every other platform.I just get really built up for these tables that f.s.say's that will be out at a certain time and then a year go's on by how should one feel

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Welcome! You are correct-every TPA platform has, or has had gameplay/graphic/sound/performance issues. Even the PC version has a few. That's because for Sony/Microsoft consoles, FarSight has to jump through hoops to get DLC and patches out to their users. As for Android, Apple, Steam, and Ouya, their companies are far more helpful as to allowing patches and timely DLC releases. The problem is that so many bugs have popped up on all operating systems, that due to their size, FarSight simply may be unable to keep up with the work that still needs to be done.

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Welcome! You are correct-every TPA platform has, or has had gameplay/graphic/sound/performance issues. Even the PC version has a few. That's because for Sony/Microsoft consoles, FarSight has to jump through hoops to get DLC and patches out to their users. As for Android, Apple, Steam, and Ouya, their companies are far more helpful as to allowing patches and timely DLC releases. The problem is that so many bugs have popped up on all operating systems, that due to their size, FarSight simply may be unable to keep up with the work that still needs to be done.

Hope I'm not reading between the lines, You said F.S. MAY NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE WORK THAT STILL NEEDS TO BE DONE. Is this a hint all is lost with pinball arcade.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Hope I'm not reading between the lines, You said F.S. MAY NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE WORK THAT STILL NEEDS TO BE DONE. Is this a hint all is lost with pinball arcade.

I definitely didn't say it in all caps.....

I was merely speaking in terms of correcting previous bugs and trying to keep up with the new ones that seem to pop up everytime there is an update. Most of the time these new bugs happen as a result of an OS update on any system. They will continue to release tables (which have been getting better btw). I don't see new tables going away anytime soon (even with the increasing gap between releases), but there are many bugs across various platforms which need to be fixed, and FarSight may lack the personnel power to tackle them. Nevertheless, all is not lost. The absolute worst I think will happen is we will get season 5.

But insofar as the 360-I can't say what TPA's fate will be. Not even FarSight seems able to let us know when, or if, it will be released.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
To be fair to Farsight, while the 'when' is still not confirmed, FlippyFloppy's post would seem to confirm the 'if'.

I'd be quicker to believe that if FarSight had not told us TPA was approved for release by M$ in April...of 2014. Also, please note that there were screen grabs last summer in FS's newsletters.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
We still have to wait some time;

And what about the Xbox360???
The Pinball Arcade Not too far off, we're testing what should be close to the final build right now.
We're testing what we hope is the final build (or at the very least extremely close to it) right now, and we're hoping to have it out within the next couple months, we're very sorry for the delays, we know the wait has been excrutiating, but we can officially say that we're getting very close to delivering the finished product to the 360 store once again.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Honestly, if I were Farsight, I'd start cutting ties with the 360, PS3, and Vita after this season. I'd focus on next-gen consoles(including WiiU), mobile, PC(including cab), and patching/cleaning up the previous seasons.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Honestly, if I were Farsight, I'd start cutting ties with the 360, PS3, and Vita after this season. I'd focus on next-gen consoles(including WiiU), mobile, PC(including cab), and patching/cleaning up the previous seasons.

Cutting ties with the 360? What ties?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

All kidding aside, I actually agree with you. I've said before that FarSight seems to have too much on their plate. Moreover, the console makers seem to have no interest in making things easier for FarSight.

But on the other hand, supporters of the last-gen consoles would cry foul. I can't imagine how I'd feel if FarSight suddenly dropped support for.....my.....console.....of......choi......

.....Nevermind!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
All kidding aside, I actually agree with you. I've said before that FarSight seems to have too much on their plate. Moreover, the console makers seem to have no interest in making things easier for FarSight.

But on the other hand, supporters of the last-gen consoles would cry foul. I can't imagine how I'd feel if FarSight suddenly dropped support for.....my.....console.....of......choi......

.....Nevermind!

Yeah they would. I would be bummed too, but I think it'd be for the best. Like you said, it wouldn't be all that sudden.

Release season 4 while also announcing that future seasons will not be coming to those platforms. Arguably all of the very best tables have already been made anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts