TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayinit

Jan 7, 2015
Long time lurker. I've been following this DLC fiasco for, well, as long as anyone else here. For grins I downloaded the Steam/PC version today and gave it a ride. Looks great. Plays smoothly on my i7 Win7 laptop. Keyboard controls don't cut it and I want to sit down on my sofa & play some video pinball. I guess I could get a cheap-o USB controller and dump the pic via HDMI to my TV but I don't see me going that route.

Here's my commitment to this deal: Release the 360 tables & you will have my money. I'm a filthy console peasant through & through..

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Long time lurker. I've been following this DLC fiasco for, well, as long as anyone else here. For grins I downloaded the Steam/PC version today and gave it a ride. Looks great. Plays smoothly on my i7 Win7 laptop. Keyboard controls don't cut it and I want to sit down on my sofa & play some video pinball. I guess I could get a cheap-o USB controller and dump the pic via HDMI to my TV but I don't see me going that route.

Here's my commitment to this deal: Release the 360 tables & you will have my money. I'm a filthy console peasant through & through..
You know you can plug a wired X360 controller into a Windows PC and it just works, right?

For wireless you need a (cheap) USB receiver, easily obtained from Amazon etc.

Slayinit

Jan 7, 2015
You know you can plug a wired X360 controller into a Windows PC and it just works, right?

For wireless you need a (cheap) USB receiver, easily obtained from Amazon etc.

I haven't looked into the USB/wireless option. Thanks for the info - I did not know.

But I do like my big TV and its connection to a proper sound system. My 360 has been a pretty reliable entertainment hub for years. And lucky for me, I have access to a proper pinball arcade about 20 minutes away so I can get a real fix now & then.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I haven't looked into the USB/wireless option. Thanks for the info - I did not know.

But I do like my big TV and its connection to a proper sound system. My 360 has been a pretty reliable entertainment hub for years. And lucky for me, I have access to a proper pinball arcade about 20 minutes away so I can get a real fix now & then.

You know you can connect your PC to a TV right? ;)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Sorry, I now saw you already wrote that. Well, it's up to you but the advantages of going pc vs 360 are ridiculously huge.

For most people anyway. I got lucky and scored a great deal on an HP Envy for just under $600. While the AMD Radeon R7 onboard graphics card may seem primitive to some, it runs TPA in it's current form at 60 FPS even at 1920x1080 resolution. Besides, I can always buy a new card somewhere down the road. It runs all of my games much faster than my old desktop did, especially both TPA and PFX2 (the ones that count IMO).

Since I'm not made of money, I can certainly understand why people would like to hold on to their 360's, especially since in the beginning, this was arguably the best version of TPA. Some people may not have the money to purchase a PS4/XBOne or a new PC.

One extra benefit is knowing that there are no cheevo limits on Steam's version of TPA. At least not as of Cyclone.

Last edited:

ATARI

May 13, 2014
From Newsletter # 26:

How long have you been waiting to see this logo back on our newsletters? Xbox 360 fans of Pinball Arcade, IT IS HAPPENING! The transfer of publishing rights for the Xbox 360 version of Pinball Arcade has at last been granted to Alliance Digital Media by Microsoft. We have submitted all of the content and 360 users will soon be getting a massive title update containing all of the latest versions of the tables, all of the releases up to date, and all bug fixes. Once the title update is approved by Microsoft, we will be updating you on the release date when you can finally get your hands back on Pinball Arcade on your Xbox 360! Almost 12 months since we all got excited about this news.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
How long have you been waiting to see this logo back on our newsletters? Xbox 360 fans of Pinball Arcade, IT IS HAPPENING! The transfer of publishing rights for the Xbox 360 version of Pinball Arcade has at last been granted to Alliance Digital Media by Microsoft. We have submitted all of the content and 360 users will soon be getting a massive title update containing all of the latest versions of the tables, all of the releases up to date, and all bug fixes. Once the title update is approved by Microsoft, we will be updating you on the release date when you can finally get your hands back on Pinball Arcade on your Xbox 360! Almost 12 months since we all got excited about this news.

This would be laughable if it were not farcical!

Jan 6, 2013
Hmmm...
10612835_940775442621119_6776253397137802873_n.jpg

Well it has been a while since we heard it' coming or soon,so is this the month it will be release??

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well it has been a while since we heard it' coming or soon,so is this the month it will be release??

As ATARI diligently pointed out a few posts ago, that information on te 360 re-release was from newsletter #26. That would be last May 2014, when Junkyard came out for iOS, Android, Ouya, Mac, and PC.

Microsoft must be putting this game through the wringer. I've seen people on these forums who only have one console (the 360), who seem to be doing the right thing by holding on to their 360's to avoid paying $200-400 for a new console to play a much buggier version of TPA. Early on, there was blame rightly given to the publisher and to Microsoft. Now all of that blame lies directly on FarSight's front step.

To FarSight: It's high time to be honest with your 360 base. If you're not planning this game for the 360 or the WiiU, let your fans know. But if you are still planning releases on these consoles...

ATONE!

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
well i bought a ps3 and play it on there but still prefer the 360 version...it just seems to play better to me...so i'll re-buy the tables on 360...d.m.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
What sucks is all these hoops MS is making Farsight jump through. Had MS been the publisher, we'd already have TPA back on the 360. Though I've never noticed the bugs (cause I don't know what they are), it seems they are present on Zen Pinball, yet it's on the 360. The XB1 version seems to have some bugs (from what those on the XB1 section says), yet it's on XB1.

It just seems we 360 gamers are getting the 'dragging of the feet treatment'. MS needs to realize there's still a bunch of folks still using the 360.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
As ATARI diligently pointed out a few posts ago, that information on te 360 re-release was from newsletter #26. That would be last May 2014, when Junkyard came out for iOS, Android, Ouya, Mac, and PC.

Microsoft must be putting this game through the wringer. I've seen people on these forums who only have one console (the 360), who seem to be doing the right thing by holding on to their 360's to avoid paying $200-400 for a new console to play a much buggier version of TPA. Early on, there was blame rightly given to the publisher and to Microsoft. Now all of that blame lies directly on FarSight's front step.

To FarSight: It's high time to be honest with your 360 base. If you're not planning this game for the 360 or the WiiU, let your fans know. But if you are still planning releases on these consoles...

ATONE!

360 is planned and when we have a confirmed date for release, we'll announce it.

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
I'm as anxious as anybody, but FlippyFloppy probably can't say very much on it. While what we've been told thus far isn't what we wanted to hear, I much prefer hearing something than being left in the dark. The announcements that have come and passed probably indicate some unexpected things occurred. I believe the intent is, and has always been, genuine. That proposed dates were earnestly given.

It's incredibly frustrating, but in the end all we can do is sit and wait. At this point, I strongly suspect Farsight doesn't want to keep us waiting any longer than necessary... if for no other reason than the fact they'll have a headache rid of and we'll shut up for a bit.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
360 is planned and when we have a confirmed date for release, we'll announce it.

Thank you FlippyFloppy for having the respectability to respond, and in a more respectful manner than you had to. One of FarSight's better qualities is having developers visit us on the boards to address our concerns. Try getting that from an EA or UbiSoft.

Having initially supported the 360 version, I am still considering the possibility of buying the tables for it upon re-release. Judging from the 10 tables I have, this does seem to be the most solid version of the game yet. For the consumers, the jury is still out on the remaining ones.

For all of the 360 owners (and WiiU owners too), my call to FarSight stands, though I should probably use a more respectful tone.....

Make it Right.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Definitely waiting on pins and needles for the 360 version, and hopefully will have dark mode available to us. Pinball machines in dimly-lit rooms look the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts